Forums

Topic: Why did they destroy the toon link franchise.

Posts 101 to 113 of 113

Ricardo91

TLink9 wrote:

Wind Waker was assome. Hourglass Sucked. I have the same feeling with spirit tracks. Also two of the reasons I thought hourglass sucked is,
1. To kill an enimie all you had to do is tap it, come on a 3 year old could do that.
2. The camera, The ph was birds eye view it made it way to easier.

1. In other Zelda games, all you had to do to kill an enemy was press a button. Come on a 3 year old could do that.
2. The viewpoint didn't make PH any easier. It was just an easy-peasy game to begin with.
3. You could try treasure hunting and collecting spirit gems...

Also, that edit button is awesome. You should use it sometime.

Mama_Luigi

KDR_11k wrote:

TLink9 wrote:

Hourglass Sucked.

Hourglass is a mirror, it's as awesome as the person playing it

That must be why i loved the game so much!

Mama_Luigi

Kid_A

I'm still not convinced that TLink9 isn't 6 years old...

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

TLink9

I'm not 6.

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Ne...

Kid_A

Maybe he's 9 since his name is TLink9...just throwing it out there.

Rensch

Phantom Hourglass was one of the best Zelda's I've played. Unfortunately it was over quickly. It was indeed to easy but man, it was cleverly designed. There were lots of cool touch Screen Puzzles.

To call PH sucky is absolute blasphemy!

One of the most memorable ones was the one that had you looking for four stone tablets and mark their location on the map. Then you had to draw two lines between them. At the intersection was a hidden area you could find using the shovel. Simple? Yes. Original, most definitely.

This is just an example of which there are dozens more in the game. This made this game still feel very fresh with such an age old formula. Before PH there was Twilight Princess on Wii and NGC. That sure was a large and epic game with lots of grandeur, but original?

Well let's just say this game had a larger overworld but other than that is was pretty much the same experience one could have in 1998 with Ocarina of Time.

I personally think that PH is in fact better than TP. I liked how they remained true to the classic formula, yet gave a fresh take on it in titles such as Majora's Mask and Wind Waker but then got all traditional with Minish Cap and Twilight Princess. PH got back on track with this and Spirit Tracks seems to be going to do the same. While it will likely never be as fresh as PH was, ST could still give us even more Touch Screen uses not found in PH and thus still be an innovative game even though it's similar to PH.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Outrunner

I love Phantom Hourglass. In fact... I think I'll play it right now.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

Kid_A

I've played PH through about 6 times--that's more than I've played any other Zelda game. Somehow I always manage to miss one Courage Gem

Cryptonic

TLink9 wrote:

Wind Waker was assome. Hourglass Sucked. I have the same feeling with spirit tracks. Also two of the reasons I thought hourglass sucked is,
1. To kill an enimie all you had to do is tap it, come on a 3 year old could do that.
2. The camera, The ph was birds eye view it made it way to easier.

1. thats the dumbest thing ever. thats like saying in call of duty, all you have to do is press a button to shoot....a 3 year old can do that too.............and you dont tap them, you slide the stylus across the screen....
2. a birds eye view doesnt help with the puzzles and things to solve

Wii :6638 - 2205 - 3294 - 3850
SSBB: 4812 - 5583 - 8961
3DS: 4038 - 6000 - 1698
"Tiger Man was wise"

mastersworddude

PH was not bad, and toon link never had a franchise, you cant make a franchise in one game, then say it was destroyed the next game.

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

Rensch

1. thats the dumbest thing ever. thats like saying in call of duty, all you have to do is press a button to shoot....a 3 year old can do that too.............and you dont tap them, you slide the stylus across the screen....

Tapping works too. And much better actually.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Paperclip

It's weird that you mention PH being easy, but not Wind Waker. The enemies in WW should have done twice as much damage. As for the 'tap to kill' in PH, that's not too different from the other 2-D (overhead view) Zelda games. The combat only was only really fun starting with OoT (though the boss battles were always awesome).

And on another note, there were not only two games with the 'toony' style to them. What about Minish Cap, or Four Swords Adventures?

minial100 wrote:

Yes he's troll... If that's an age; JK. Yes he's apparently 12-14.

Lol, and apparently the actual 'Toon Link' from WW is 12. I just noticed that on the Brawl Trophy today xD

Edited on by Paperclip

Check out my classy comics.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.