DSi / DS Forum

Topic: What's in the "next" Nintendo portable game system?

Showing 1 to 14 of 14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

derickw69

1. Posted:

I want graphics that are equal to the Gamecube and online-ready at launch. I don't really care if they go with one screen or two, but it would also be nice if they were the size of the PSP before the tragedy of the PSPGo. What else?

I do what I do how I do

PSN ID--breeze78
Nintendo Network ID--breeze78

AuthorMessage
Avatar

y2josh

2. Posted:

Nintendo FS... thats right FOUR (grand canyon echo) screens!

y2josh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

derickw69

3. Posted:

Let's not get out of hand here people...try to keep your dreams and wishes somewhat based in reality please. Think about what's out there now and build on that :)

I do what I do how I do

PSN ID--breeze78
Nintendo Network ID--breeze78

AuthorMessage
Avatar

y2josh

4. Posted:

Ive been thinking about it and its probably good they are waiting longer to put out a new handheld. When 2D platformers stop being made for the handhelds... then we don't have many left throughout the year. When they up the graphics on the next system they'll start making more 3D looking handheld stuff and me no likey that thought.

y2josh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Noire

5. Posted:

I myself am holding out for a self-destruct feature. No better way to take out potential thieves and/or annoying siblings than a DS-plode! (Copyright PhoenixSage)

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SwerdMurd

6. Posted:

I want a handheld system that is entirely based on waggle. Instead of a screen, it should just have a speaker; that way I can shake the living hell out of it and not miss anything. The Nintendo GigaWaggle Xtr33m.

It would come bundled with a stethoscope and a bag of sand.

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ATRUEZELDAFAN

7. Posted:

2 screens still. GC quality graphics. Both screens will be touch screen. Online ready at launch.

CHECK OUT MY AWSOME VIDS! http://www.youtube.com/user/ATRUEZELDAFAN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

8. Posted:

Swerd_Murd, i'd get the patent in on that pretty quick, ur on to a winner!!

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Danny_August

9. Posted:

I personally am hoping for 1920x1080 resolution at least at 60 Hz, boasting a Intel Quad Mobile Q9650 at 3.0 Ghz. A GPU chip from ATI with a clock speed or 450Mhz x 2. Ramped up RAM at 3 Gb. Onboard solid state drive of 256 Gb for storage. Blazing WiFi with channel N at 1 Ghz(With the option to have mobile broadband at a low monthly fee). The storage medium of choice would be disc based. Therefore, use a format that is compatible with GameCube so that you can play your GameCube games on it. With that in mind, add two batteries so that I can play for 17 hours straight without a charge. Put all the GC games online so that I can also download them. Make every game digital and disc based. Also have the ability to hook it to my tv... Have a DSiWare/WillWare service but have around 200 games ready at launch and be prepared to make at leas 15 new games available a week. Add a Virtual Console to include the following: GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, Atari Lynx, Watari SuperVision, GameGear, WonderSwan, TubroExpress(PCEngine), PSP(Just kidding)...For that matter, give us the whole Virtual Console lineup from the Wii!(Fingers crossed!) I would love to see a new Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, MarioKart, F-Zero, Metroid, WarioWare Inc, Pikman and Smash Bros game at launch and at least one new one of each in the first year or so. Have an option for a cell phone. Have GPS....hmm...Just so that DSi owners don't feel bad, 2, no, 3 12 megapixel camera's that can stream pictures and movies to youtube or facebook or whatever. Allow you to listen to MP3's and watch movies. Have a new pictochat. Allow you to play online without friend codes if you want....Am I missing anything....

I love sarcasm!

Direct quote: Bork, Bork, Bork

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Danny_August

10. Posted:

Something like this!

http://www.philnolan3d.com/images/artwork/nds2_final_02.jpg

Sarcasm strikes again...By the way, that is MarioKartGP2, the arcade game, it uses a camera to put your pic in the game...

Direct quote: Bork, Bork, Bork

AuthorMessage
Avatar

King_Elemento

11. Posted:

The DS2 (tentative name):

  • Dual Screens.
  • Multi-touch screens for one, if not both screens.
  • D-pad.
  • Analogue nub.
  • A, B, C, X, Y and Z face buttons.
  • L, R, zL and zR triggers.
  • Start and Select buttons.
  • Volume up button.
  • Volume down button.
  • Power button.
  • Backwards compatibility with DS games.
  • Full set of DSiWare games from the start, under the new name of DS2Ware.
  • Virtual Console type service with Gameboy/Color/Advance games, Gamegear, Atari Lynx, Wonderswan and Microvision games on.
  • Virtual Console service would also have all games presently on the Wii's service, as it has enough buttons to play N64 games.
  • Virtual Console service would also feature controls mappable with the touchscreen.
  • Specs similar to the Gamecube.
  • Runs on discs based on Gamecube discs, so it's backwards compatible.
  • Internal memory of Over 9000GB.
  • SD/SDHC card support.
  • 1 USB port. Supports Keyboards, Mice and Memory Sticks.
  • A microphone of similar quality to Wii Speak.

Yeah, most of this is similar to Danny's. So what? =P

Edited on by King_Elemento

Wii: 0586-8683-7141-4552
MKWii: 4940-9518-0566
SSBB: 4897-8741-8094

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Danny_August

12. Posted:

King+Elemento wrote:

The DS2 (tentative name):

  • Dual Screens.
  • Multi-touch screens for one, if not both screens.
  • D-pad.
  • Analogue nub.
  • A, B, C, X, Y and Z face buttons.
  • L, R, zL and zR triggers.
  • Start and Select buttons.
  • Volume up button.
  • Volume down button.
  • Power button.
  • Backwards compatibility with DS games.
  • Full set of DSiWare games from the start, under the new name of DS2Ware.
  • Virtual Console type service with Gameboy/Color/Advance games, Gamegear, Atari Lynx, Wonderswan and Microvision games on.
  • Virtual Console service would also have all games presently on the Wii's service, as it has enough buttons to play N64 games.
  • Virtual Console service would also feature controls mappable with the touchscreen.
  • Specs similar to the Gamecube.
  • Runs on discs based on Gamecube discs, so it's backwards compatible.
  • Internal memory of Over 9000GB.
  • SD/SDHC card support.
  • 1 USB port. Supports Keyboards, Mice and Memory Sticks.
  • A microphone of similar quality to Wii Speak.

Yeah, most of this is similar to Danny's. So what? =P

I like the Harddrive! But only one USB? And I thought of more on VC, how about Atari 2600? Also, since the PS3 has Linux options and MS has the box, get with Apple and offer OS - N!

EDIT: The brand spanking new.............drum roll please.....................DST!!! That is the new DS Toaster!!!!

Edited on by Danny_August

Direct quote: Bork, Bork, Bork

AuthorMessage
Avatar

King_Elemento

13. Posted:

Danny+August wrote:

But only one USB?

I figured that with everything else on there, one USB would be all that would fit, but some people might need a keyboard and mouse at the same time, so I guess two could be squeezed on there. =P

Danny+August wrote:

And I thought of more on VC, how about Atari 2600?

Those systems I listed were just the LAUNCH systems. Of course there would be more to come! =D

Danny+August wrote:

Also, since the PS3 has Linux options and MS has the box, get with Apple and offer OS - N!

I approve of this idea. Nintendo's OS's tend to be too weak to handle serious business.
Also, with a merger with Apple, Nintendo could offer all the iPhone and iPod Touch apps on DS2Ware!

Danny+August wrote:

EDIT: The brand spanking new.............drum roll please.....................DST!!! That is the new DS Toaster!!!!

Well, now it can play it's own NES cartridges!

Wii: 0586-8683-7141-4552
MKWii: 4940-9518-0566
SSBB: 4897-8741-8094

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tovare

14. Posted:

I would like a DS which looks exactly like the DSI only with one continous flexible OLED display.
Like this prototype from samsung: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2SCZvU8sGU

tovare