DSi / DS Forum

Topic: The UNOFFICIAL Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Showing 721 to 740 of 950

AuthorMessage

Blue_Cat

721. Posted:

@lockd
Good luck with that. I just finished a half-hearted quest for a regular Lickitung. I succeeded after about half an hour.

If it takes you 1/2 an hour to find a Lickitung, and you need to find 8,192 to get a shiny one, it should take you about 2.7 straight days of playing to find a shiny one. Not to discourage you or anything :P Hope your luck runs better then that!

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

722. Posted:

Toon+Link wrote:

@Sneaker13
It might learn it when you connect back to the game, but I'm pretty sure that if you take the Pokemon to the Move Relearner in Blackthorn City, he could teach it to it.

That sounds cool, I didn't knew that was possible. How about evolution? I would hate it if a Pokémon I'm training missed it's spot of evolution.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

http://www.backloggery.com/sneaker

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

723. Posted:

I just got my hands on a Wailmer, and I've been thinking, should I replace Snorlax with a Wailord?

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

724. Posted:

@TurtleLink: For now, that is. I didn't train it at all, I got it in a trade that way. Once I train it myself, it will be a killer.

The Game.

AuthorMessage

lockd

725. Posted:

Blue_Cat wrote:

@lockd
Good luck with that. I just finished a half-hearted quest for a regular Lickitung. I succeeded after about half an hour.

If it takes you 1/2 an hour to find a Lickitung, and you need to find 8,192 to get a shiny one, it should take you about 2.7 straight days of playing to find a shiny one. Not to discourage you or anything :P Hope your luck runs better then that!

Right now, I'm using a hardcore method of finding a shiny where you breed a Pokeman form another country with a local pokeman. The chance of finding one increases by 75%! Right now I have 30+ Lickitung's and still growing :p.

Edited on by lockd

Love and Tolerance
Pokemon White FC: 4813 7276 6192
3DS FC: 4854 6468 0712
deviantART

AuthorMessage

UNC5052

726. Posted:

Is there a daycare in Kanto region also? I can't remember back to gold/silver/crystal when I had them but I remember leafgreen had a daycare but I think they only kept one pokemon. (I'm not at kanto yet but I just caught Ho-oh today so I will go face the pokemon league soon.)

PSN- UNC5052

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

727. Posted:

If I understood correctly, a Pokémon in the Pokéwalker can only level up one level, no matter how many steps you take. Can someone confirm this. Because it would be a joy to level up my Magikarp this way.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -

AuthorMessage

JayArr

728. Posted:

@Sneaker - Yes they only level up one level per "stroll" So you can walk for an hour, gain a level, the put your MagiKarp back in the Ds and take him right back to gain another level. It would be a lot of switching back and forth but it;s possible.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

729. Posted:

Cool, would be a lot quicker and less boring then constantly switching between him and another Pokémon. He is lvl 10 now, and can only splash till level 15 when he learns Tackle. After that it's another five levels till he finally evolves.

Friendcodes:

AuthorMessage

Blue_Cat

730. Posted:

lockd wrote:

Blue_Cat wrote:

@lockd

Right now, I'm using a hardcore method of finding a shiny where you breed a Pokeman form another country with a local pokeman. The chance of finding one increases by 75%! Right now I have 30+ Lickitung's and still growing :p.

In that case Divides 2.7 by 4 your shiny hunting should only take little more then half the day, says my perfect shiny equation :)

Sneaker13 wrote:

Cool, would be a lot quicker and less boring then constantly switching between him and another Pokémon. He is lvl 10 now, and can only splash till level 15 when he learns Tackle. After that it's another five levels till he finally evolves.

Yeah, the pokewalker is a pretty useful tool for leveling up pokemon. I'm using it to level up pokemon that I don't feel like training in-game to levels were they can evolve to help fill my pokedex :D

Edited on by Blue_Cat

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

AuthorMessage

Percentful

731. Posted:

Well, I finally got HG. I was planning on getting SS, but they didn't have it, and I can always just trade for the exclusives. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to play it until Friday. :|

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

732. Posted:

Can someone explain how breeding works? I've finished the Azalea Gym and now I discover the day care. I leave behind a Totodile and a Ditto. But after a while it only says they gained levels. I don't want that because that means it won't grow in level and miss out on moves. I don't want them to train it, I just want an egg.

What am I doing wrong?

Friendcodes:

AuthorMessage

lockd

733. Posted:

Sneaker13 wrote:

Can someone explain how breeding works? I've finished the Azalea Gym and now I discover the day care. I leave behind a Totodile and a Ditto. But after a while it only says they gained levels. I don't want that because that means it won't grow in level and miss out on moves. I don't want them to train it, I just want an egg.

What am I doing wrong?

First, you should talk to the old man outside. He'll say something and than ask if he could call you if your Pokemon make an egg. Say yes, and keep walking till He calls you. Than you can pick up your egg.

Love and Tolerance
Pokemon White FC: 4813 7276 6192
3DS FC: 4854 6468 0712
deviantART

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

734. Posted:

The old man isn't saying that. It says: "Your TOTODILE and DITTO are doing just fine. The two don't seem to like each other much." So no mention of an egg.

The Totodile is a female and Ditto is of course genderless. What could be the problem.

Friendcodes:

AuthorMessage

JayArr

735. Posted:

Sneaker13 wrote:

The old man isn't saying that. It says: "Your TOTODILE and DITTO are doing just fine. The two don't seem to like each other much." So no mention of an egg.

The Totodile is a female and Ditto is of course genderless. What could be the problem.

There is no problem. If you try to breed two Pokemon from the same trainer (you, in this case) they will "not get along" and breeding just takes longer. For quickest breeding you need one of them to be from a trade. Then they will "Get along just fine" :)

So just be patient and you'll have some Totodile eggs in no time.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage

Aviator

736. Posted:

UNC5052 wrote:

Is there a daycare in Kanto region also? I can't remember back to gold/silver/crystal when I had them but I remember leafgreen had a daycare but I think they only kept one pokemon. (I'm not at kanto yet but I just caught Ho-oh today so I will go face the pokemon league soon.)

No. Like in Kanto the features like Safari Zone, Day Care Center, are only available in the Johto region. Also, I don't see why you need another, you would get so many eggs, unless you don't want eggs and want to not do the fun stuff like train pokemon.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

737. Posted:

JayArr wrote:

Sneaker13 wrote:

There is no problem. If you try to breed two Pokemon from the same trainer (you, in this case) they will "not get along" and breeding just takes longer. For quickest breeding you need one of them to be from a trade. Then they will "Get along just fine" :)

So just be patient and you'll have some Totodile eggs in no time.

I was too impatient indeed. I have an egg now :D. Thanks.

Friendcodes:

AuthorMessage

Wiiperson11

738. Posted:

Can anyone trade me a Pikachu Colored Pichu?

Check out my videos on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Cabaco14
I have great videos!

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

739. Posted:

I beat blue! :)

@Wiiperson: I'll trade you a Pika-Pichu. Just give me whatever. What's your friend code? Mine is on my backloggery.

Oh yeah, you should probably use this thread for trading.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

740. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

I beat blue! :)

He's a piece of cake, just wait until you battle Red.

The Game.