Forums

Topic: The UNOFFICIAL Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 879

Toon_Link

Oh I can get you a Cyndaquil then. It'll take some time though.
Maybe we should get on chat while we're trading.

EDIT: I got a Cyndaquil, we can trade now, I'm on chat if you wanna come on.

Edited on by Toon_Link

Toon_Link

Toon_Link

Hey lockd, my bro got a Chikorita from the GTS but maybe I could get you a Cyndaquil some other time.

Toon_Link

Adam

Would have gladly made the trade if I'd been online before you already got your Chikorita. I have a Squirtle and Treeko that can be bred, too, if you're looking for other starters. I'd like to get as many starters from all the games as possible as they tend to be the coolest.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

GamerZack87

Well, as of a few hours ago I have a copy of HeartGold and a copy of SoulSilver preordered at EB Games. (one of the) Best part(s) about the preorder is I was allowed to preorder using Dick Smith's introductory price of $59 each! Hey, $22 is still $22!

I wonder how many United Statesians will have reached at least Vermilion City before next Thursday (Australia's GS-DS launch day)...I wonder how many of you have reached Vermilion already? And how many of you have yelled, "GET OUT OF THE WAY YOU STUPID SNORLAX!! I WANT TO GO TO SEE THE NEWLY-REVAMPED VIRIDIAN FOREST!!" at their DSs!

Five days to go! FIVE DAYS TO GO!! Oh, and see my new signature as well...it's a riddle!

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

Blue_Cat

Is your new sig going to be how many pokemon you've captured? Actually, that's a good Idea. I think I'll do that. Thanks, NintendoPurist

Actually, I'm not close to Vermilion yet. I have 4 badges, but I'm taking it really slow. I've spent the last 6 or so hours of playtime like so: Pokethlon, game corner, leveling up, and catching new pokes.

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

ganondwarf16

i'm almost at vermillion. I'm fighting Lance as I type this

ganondwarf has always been short

sonic_brawler95

Sorry I havn't posted in a while, can't stop playing HeartGold.

Anyway I gotta train because Jasmine's Steelex keeps whooping me. I also think I should stop sightseeing and start picking up the pace, because I have a playtime of almost 27 hours, and I only have 5 badges. 0.o (I blame the Pokeathlon for being too fun )

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

GamerZack87

@sonic_brawler95:

That's funny, because I HAVE A TOTAL PLAY TIME OF 0 HOURS AND 0 BADGES ON BOTH VERSIONS!! You keep beating us to the Mach Punch!! The US beats us every time! I thought we were PALs!

Oh, and BTW, odds are that I start with CYNDAQUIL or TOTODILE on my first playthrough, and that I add a MAREEP to my team before reaching Azalea Town.

I also noticed something regarding the starters...they evolve at different rates of growth! CYNDAQUIL's the fastest to reach Stage 1, evolving into QUILAVA at Lv. 14, followed by CHIKORITA at Lv. 16, then TOTODILE at Lv. 18. However, after Stage 1 the rate of growth is reversed! CROCONAW evolves into FERALIGATR at Lv. 30 - just 12 Lvs. difference! - followed by BAYLEEF into MEGANIUM at Lv. 32, then QUILAVA into TYPHLOSION at Lv. 36...that's a massive 22 Lvs. to get through just to reach Stage 2 of your starter's evolution...ten more Lvs. than CROCONAW! /end useless fact of the day

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

sonic_brawler95

NintendoPurist wrote:

@sonic_brawler95:

That's funny, because I HAVE A TOTAL PLAY TIME OF 0 HOURS AND 0 BADGES ON BOTH VERSIONS!! You keep beating us to the Mach Punch!! The US beats us every time! I thought we were PALs!

Oh, and BTW, odds are that I start with CYNDAQUIL or TOTODILE on my first playthrough, and that I add a MAREEP to my team before reaching Azalea Town.

I also noticed something regarding the starters...they evolve at different rates of growth! CYNDAQUIL's the fastest to reach Stage 1, evolving into QUILAVA at Lv. 14, followed by CHIKORITA at Lv. 16, then TOTODILE at Lv. 18. However, after Stage 1 the rate of growth is reversed! CROCONAW evolves into FERALIGATR at Lv. 30 - just 12 Lvs. difference! - followed by BAYLEEF into MEGANIUM at Lv. 32, then QUILAVA into TYPHLOSION at Lv. 36...that's a massive 22 Lvs. to get through just to reach Stage 2 of your starter's evolution...ten more Lvs. than CROCONAW! /end useless fact of the day

Lol, don't worry, you only have a couple of days left to wait.

Actually, I noticed that too, its taking forever to evolve my Quilva. Just a couple more levels.........

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

SSBbrawler08

My Quilava already evolved into a pwnage Typhlosion. It's at lvl. 42 and it knows: Flamethrower, Dig, Shadow Claw, and Brick Break. It kicks butt. Man, I love my Typhlosion! (completely random post)

Photobucket | Backloggery
SSBB Friend Code: 0774 - 3945 - 4471
See you in anotha life, brotha.

Rensch

SSBbrawler08 wrote:

My Quilava already evolved into a pwnage Typhlosion. It's at lvl. 42 and it knows: Flamethrower, Dig, Shadow Claw, and Brick Break. It kicks butt. Man, I love my Typhlosion! (completely random post)

Perhaps, but I can only agree with you. Typhlosion kicks ten kinds of but.

EDIT: Pokéwalker for lazy people! Discover the Phonograph trick!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoQiVUPT6mA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YORcnZEMJaU

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Adam

Gabe, I've got your Meowth. It's level 16. I'll raise it to level 20 in the mean time. Do you want it evolved? I don't know if it even evolves by then. I haven't named it anything, but I can if you'd like.

Come on, friends,

RandomWiiPlayer

Well, here is my kick@$$ Pokemanz team.

Dragonair Level 45
Slam
Agility
Aqua Tail
Dragon Rush
Typhlosion Level 51
Rollout
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Lava Plume
Snorlax Level 52
Hyper Beam
Giga Impact
Crunch
Rollout
Torterra Level 100
Leaf Storm
Giga Drain
Mega Drain
Absorb
Ho-Oh Level 53
Extrasensory
Fly
Fire Blast
Sacred Fire
Gyarados level 35 (HM slave)
Surf
Waterfall
Whirlpool
Hyper Beam

Anyone else find it stupid that you catch a wild Snorlax at a higher level than the legendary Pokemon?

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

BL_Donth

weirdadam wrote:

Thank you kindly, Sir Donth the Eighth. Who's the pretty lady in your avatar, by the way?

Oh sorry for the late reply Adam but it's Amy Sorel from SoulCalibur IV. Raphael's adopted kid.
@Min Sentrets aren't dumb.

I'm at BlackThorn City at the moment.

Edited on by BL_Donth

My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 5343-7674-1789 | Nintendo Network ID: Donth8

RandomWiiPlayer

lockd wrote:

I just got a King's Rock, Politoed or Slowking?

Where do you get that?

Also, does anyone know how to get Rock Climb?

The Game.

Toon_Link

Slowking, he was funny in the movie.

Toon_Link

Eel

NintendoPurist wrote:

funny, my totodile evolved into croconaw at lvl 41 and feraligart at level 43, thats only 2 levels!

oh, yeah, my current team is:
Toto, Feraligart, lvl 47
Abe, Crobat, lvl 37
Tochi, Togetic, lvl 32
Sity, Scyther, lvl 32
Bianco, Dratini, lvl 19
Hime, kangaskhan, lvl 8, HM slave

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

RandomWiiPlayer

Adam, what time and how are we gonna do the trade?

The Game.

Adam

Any time is fine. I have your Chikorita egg ready. As for how, you can send me Torterra if you don't have a Ditto. I'll breed an egg out of it and can send the Torterra back if you'd like (though you'd have to have some throw-away Pokemon you don't want to give in return). I'll be in chat most of the evening if you want to catch me there and finish this up. I'll check this thread, too.

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.