Forums

Topic: Solatorobo

Posts 181 to 198 of 198

JohnDoe123

Finally got my copy and it was worth the wait! Such a great game. I hope we get a sequel, I'd like to see the world in 3D or 1080p.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

Red-acteur

Personally, I'm in the "don't make a sequel" camp : as you will see in the future, the Downloadable quests are a real epilogue that nicely tie-in all the loose ends (and one or two are REALLY gonna make you flip out ♪).

I just want them if they continue the Little Tail series to make another whole game (Strelka Stories was supposed to be it, but disappeared in the ether... until I interviewed the producer a Japan Expo and told me its fate depends on Sola's performance) in another country and make the Sola cast appear at times ^^

Red-acteur

SonicMaster

Red-acteur wrote:

Personally, I'm in the "don't make a sequel" camp : as you will see in the future, the Downloadable quests are a real epilogue that nicely tie-in all the loose ends (and one or two are REALLY gonna make you flip out ♪).

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but weren't the wifi quests excluded from the US release? If so, then the rest of us over here don't get that "epilogue," therefore making us want a sequel.

SonicMaster

shingi_70

SegaSquirtle wrote:

Red-acteur wrote:

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but weren't the wifi quests excluded from the US release? If so, then the rest of us over here don't get that "epilogue," therefore making us want a sequel.

The epilouge quests come on the American kart.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

JohnDoe123

I've never been impressed with 3D DS games. The resolution is too low to display nice textures. I also don't like 2D sprites in 3D games much, so that might be part of the problem. But this is a decent game anyways.

JohnDoe123

Red-acteur

Destructoid, or rather one of its writers destroyed the game and gave it a 4/10. Well I can say it is quite harsh, but I won't rage about it, because I can totally see where his problems were, as it really is a divisive game. The game really has problems, macho voice activated but it was for me like with a woman I like, I loved it for the game overall and got past its faults.

And I finished all of the Downloadable quests today and the really last one (that requires a 100% mission completion) is a reeeeeeaaaaally good one and quite emotionnal T_T But be warned : it is 98% reading for nearly half an hour and it really pays off.
That was one of the best point in the game for me anyway : the quality of the dialogue ! It really feels natural and believable (well except for some of the plot dialogue and the cliché romance dialogue at times) and I love stuff like that ^^

Red-acteur

JohnDoe123

That Destructoid review was harsh, but just. I can agree with many of its points.

JohnDoe123

kkslider5552000

I dunno, the review seemed to be Destructoid's continue attempts to transform completely into a troll site. Regardless of the accuracy, the person who wrote it is still clearly desperate for attention.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JohnDoe123

Does anyone have any tips for the quests, "Boss Battles Part Pne" or "The Untamed Wilds?" Those are the only available quests I can take at the moment, but I am having trouble with both of them. Thanks.

JohnDoe123

Knux

Who cares what Destructoid thinks? This game is awesome!

Knux

CinnamonRobin

EmpireIndustries wrote:

Does anyone have any tips for the quests, "Boss Battles Part Pne" or "The Untamed Wilds?" Those are the only available quests I can take at the moment, but I am having trouble with both of them. Thanks.

For Boss Battles Part One (and Part 2 which is unlocked when you complete it) buy as many Revive parts as possible. When you die the one you have equipped will disappear but if you have more left over you can immediately replace it with another one, meaning you can keep going as long as you have spare Revive parts.

For The Untamed Wilds get your robot's speed as high as possible, and change robot type if that helps. Then its really just a case of practice and repeating the course until you get it right.

Hope that helps!

CinnamonRobin

JohnDoe123

NFreak007 wrote:

EmpireIndustries wrote:

For Boss Battles Part One (and Part 2 which is unlocked when you complete it) buy as many Revive parts as possible. When you die the one you have equipped will disappear but if you have more left over you can immediately replace it with another one, meaning you can keep going as long as you have spare Revive parts.

For The Untamed Wilds get your robot's speed as high as possible, and change robot type if that helps. Then its really just a case of practice and repeating the course until you get it right.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! These seem to be helping a lot.

JohnDoe123

theblackdragon

i'm in Part 2, Chapter 4, and... i gotta admit i'm still not feeling it. Believe me, i want to flat-out love this game, but all you really do is advance the story, do quests/collect stuff, customize the Dahak... repeat ad nauseum. it's adorable, the game looks beautiful for sure, but it's getting harder for me to want to push myself to keep doing the quests to earn rings because they're all the same boring activities — find this thing, talk to these people who have nothing to do with the main story, move these boxes around, beat these guys, destroy this crap, mash A in between taps of B... etc. and so forth.

and those air race sequences can eff right the hell off. coming into this game straight from SF643D, just... no. I keep wondering if it's sad that the most fun I'm having with this game is customizing the Dahak. i think that's my love of Tetris and puzzle solving talking, though :/

that said, the plot is interesting, and the only reason i'm pushing to get through this game is to figure out what the hell is going on — that was quite the plot twist, lol. that transformation sequence is the most ridiculous thing i've seen in a long time, though — it's hard to take Red seriously when he looks like he's in his boxers or swim trunks, if that makes any sense. D:

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

JayArr

Second story is the game gets legit IMO. You get custom frames for Dahak and the story gets a lot more interesting. The gameplay was alright it does get a bit repetative but I thought the boss battles and arena challenges switched it up enough to keep me from getting annoyed with it. Absolutely loved how much character they packed into each seperate world. The areas of the game were beautiful and refreshing.

My biggest gripe was the game was way way way too easy. I went from start to finish without adding any stats to defense or attack (just to add challenge).

In the end I was glad I picked it up. It was definitely one of the more unique RPGs I've played in awhile.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

theblackdragon

lol, maybe that's my problem then, JR — i keep going back and reworking the dahak to make it more awesome. i guess that has the unfortunate side-effect of making an already easy game that much easier :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Red-acteur

It really is one of those "love it or hate it" games unfortunately, and there really is no real in-between. That said, I too despite my overflowing love for the game, had a lot of difficulty finishing it a second time (this time 100% because I made the mistake to restart right after completing the game...). It really still is my game of the year with Ghost Trick though and the only competitors right now are Kirby Mass Attack and Layton 4 for best DS game. Next week will be a whole different beast with 2 games to review ^^

Red-acteur

Wheels2050

SegaSquirtle wrote:

As Shingi already said, XSeed made all of the 'downloadable' quests available from the get-go, which is certainly convenient!

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

xxx_Kirby_xxx

I still love it, but, yeah, it is rather repetitive, unfortunately, but clearly, a lot of time was put into it visually, because it's gorgeous! I was pretty surprised to find out Elh was a girl.

Anime Lovers Unite!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.