Forums

Topic: Replayability

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

TKOWL

This could apply to most games I've played also.

Today I just realized: I've played more Pokemon White than any friggen game in my collection. 300+ hours and I'm still not getting bored of it.

It also made me think: why does no other game have replay value of this magnitude? I played and beat Mario Kart 7 and tried to get into it, but I realized how horribly flawed this whole game is: you are bombarded with car-stopping items, and Wi-fi is the biggest load of crap: players literally WARP to the end of the track. The more I play it, the more I hate it. Pokemon, on the other hand, has the potential of raising over 640 Pokemon, and I feel the potential to train them all to their best potential. And then I feel like training multiple ones of each for different teams, and the Pokemon themselves become inspirations for me and my artwork, and help me with character development/form/size, etc. This game has also helped me make some very good friends. Thanks to this game, I really can't enjoy any other game anymore. My standards on games have also changed too: often ask myself if I'm really going to be playing this game for years on end. I can only apply to that to, like 10 of the 200+ games I own.

I don't know how I'm coming to this today, I just feel like I'm not enjoying games that much: the bonus content just doesn't seem engaging to me anymore.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Colors

Dragoon wrote:

This could apply to most games I've played also.

Today I just realized: I've played more Pokemon White than any friggen game in my collection. 300+ hours and I'm still not getting bored of it.

It also made me think: why does no other game have replay value of this magnitude?

Play Skyrim and get back to me. 100+ hours in, and I just beat the main quest. Only beat about half the dungeons and a fraction of the sidequests.

Edited on by Colors

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

Link245

When discussing replay value, I have 3 words for you: Ocarina of Time

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

LordJumpMad

How is that?
Pokemon B/W is just a 5hr game, and its a poorly made RPG

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Syrup

LordJumpMad wrote:

How is that?

This is sort of true. I mean the game is just 10 hours (maybe more.), Story is bland (Young kid embarks on a journey to become a Pokemon master, must collect Pokemon data along the way, fights rival, foils the plan of a evil crime syndicate that was planning on using a legendary Pokemon to rule the world, Kid becomes Pokemon Master. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.), the turn-based battles get boring really fast (the whole game is based around a complex paper, scissor, rock mechanic.) You only really need to level up your main 6 Pokemon (Seriously.), you only need at least 3 Pokemon (one that knows how to surf, fly, use cut, can break boulders, use rockclimb, can cross whirlpools, can go up waterfalls, etc., etc.. You can teach these moves to one of your starters, and all you need to do is capture a flying type.), you don't need the legendary Pokemon (They are banned in any Pokemon event, they are pointless, basically trophies.), the most recent designs are really uninspired (no comment), once you beat the game twice, there's really not much to do.

Nintendo should really step it's game up. Pokemon Black/White was the game that made me realize how tedious and boring Pokemon games are starting to get.

Edited on by Syrup

theblackdragon

Dragoon wrote:

I played and beat Mario Kart 7 and tried to get into it, but I realized how horribly flawed this whole game is: you are bombarded with car-stopping items, and Wi-fi is the biggest load of crap: players literally WARP to the end of the track. The more I play it, the more I hate it.

it's one track with the warping glitch (and it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo were able to fix it somehow). you can easily avoid it by playing in trusted communities, with friends, or by making sure to not pick Maka Wuhu while playing Worldwide (as opposed to randomizing). if it still comes up, you can either play it through (it's a great track) or force a d/c by going the wrong way; whichever floats your boat. Also, idk what MK games you've been playing, but Mario Kart has always been about bombarding other players with car-stopping items. learning to avoid them takes practice. if you prefer Pokemon to Mario Kart, that's fine, but don't blame the game for your own hangups.

the good news for you is that MK7 will probably trade in for a fat chunk of store credit if you want to go that route, or you can probably eBay it for full retail price if you prefer. Pokemon games, not so much :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

TeeJay

Monster Hunter has a ton of replayability, what with slaying monsters for carves to get better armor.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Colors

Dark_TeeJay wrote:

Monster Hunter has a ton of replayability, what with slaying monsters for carves to get better armor.

I agree that it has tons of replayability (especially online) but killing the same monsters over and over and praying for the right rewards gets tedious pretty fast.

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

zezhyrule

ColorsOfSonic wrote:

Dark_TeeJay wrote:

I agree that it has tons of replayability (especially online) but killing the same monsters over and over and praying for the right rewards gets tedious pretty fast.

No it doesn't. You're doing it wrong. Leave now.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

kkslider5552000

Dragoon wrote:

the Pokemon themselves become inspirations for me

this is the best unintentionally hilarious, out of context quote

Caterpie inspires me to be hard working and someday I might evolve into a Butterfree! (throws up from cheesineess)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LzWinky

LordJumpMad wrote:

How is that?

You're doing it all wrong fool

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

lz20XX wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

How is that?

You're doing it all wrong fool

rather a trolling fool than a foolish troll

...wait

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

AutumnShantel

Everyone has their own thing... To me, I like Pokemon, but it didn't ruin other games for me. Just because I have 400+ hours in some Pokemon games doesn't mean I abandoned all my other games. I have to be in certain moods to play certain games...

AutumnShantel

Kagamine

i like challenging games. games that i can restart on and have just as much fun it even if i remember every detail of the storyline. Pokemon, not challenging. Dragon Quest IX, somewhat challenging. Portal 2 OMFG I LOVE YOU.

While portal 2 was a great game and technically shouldn't have much replay value if you remember the puzzles, i love replaying it because the story is loose enough. There is more focus on the game play than the story. I can't tell if im explaining this right, maybe im just a babbling buffoon.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

reborn

If you like Pokémon, why don't you try Dragon Quest Monsters (1 or 2)? It's Pokémon mixed with Dragon Quest and it has tons of replayability If you like RPG's try to get Final Fantasy Tactics A2: it's a great game which is very lengthy too.

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.