Forums

Topic: Recently purchased DS games

Posts 181 to 194 of 194

iKhan

Just bought The World Ends with You. Any advice before I start? No spoilers please

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

KingMike

Could've sworn I bought Advance Wars Dual Strike before. But I guess I didn't.
Now that I think about it, I was probably only thinking about it. Didn't want to drive all the way out to a faraway GameStop to find out if they wanted me to pay CIB price for a loose card.

KingMike

Gamecubed

Went and cherry picked the bargain bins at EB Games the other day. Picked up these DS games, along with some other stuff.

Hotel Dusk ($10)
Spectrobes ($3)
Metroid Prime Pinball ($5)

Haven't played any of them yet.

Edited on by Gamecubed

Gamecubed

nacho_chicken

iKhan wrote:

Just bought The World Ends with You. Any advice before I start? No spoilers please

Alternating your focus on both screens is important. Whenever you attack with one character, there's a green ball that grows and goes to the other screen. As you combo and it gets bigger, you start getting a huge damage multiplier. After I figured that part out, the entire battle system clicked together.

I just got Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for cheap. Pretty good game. Has a lot of what made the first game great.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

gcunit

Just taken a punt on a used copy of Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies. Saw an auction about to end and knew nothing of the game (or any previous Dragon Quests), so dashed over to metacritic, saw it had a decent rep and went for it.

Another rpg. **** knows when I'll get round to playing it. Is it well thought of in these parts?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

CanisWolfred

I found Custom Robo Arena and Big Bang Mini for super ultra cheap and decided to grab them. They're cart only, too, so into the Tin they go.

gcunit wrote:

Just taken a punt on a used copy of Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies. Saw an auction about to end and knew nothing of the game (or any previous Dragon Quests), so dashed over to metacritic, saw it had a decent rep and went for it.

Another rpg. **** knows when I'll get round to playing it. Is it well thought of in these parts?

People here have only been gushing about it since it came out in 2010. Yes, believe me, most who have played it (which is a lot of people, certainly more than any other DQ game) loved the heck out it. Myself included (though I felt the side quests could be grindy at times). You made a good decision.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

BearHunger

I bought Chibi-Robo!: Park Patrol at CeX for $2.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

FX29

Recently got Disgaea DS and Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.

FX29

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7203-6983

andreoni79

Just saw in a bookshop a box full of shovelware, but digging I found The Last Story for Wii (€ 7.50!!!) and Valkyrie Profile Covenants of the Plume, Ghost Trick, Castlevania Portrait of Ruin and Dragon Quest VI each for € 5.00. I bought The Last Story and Valkyrie Profile because they were the only games I knew, but I'll surely give the others a chance.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Mk_II

Brain Training
Inazuma Eleven
Art Academy
Hotel Giant DS
DS Browser + MemPak
(they were all very cheap so i could not resist)

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.