Forums

Topic: Recently purchased DS games

Posts 141 to 160 of 194

unrandomsam

I bought Retro Game Challenge for £20. (Still rather have got it as an eshop download on the 3DS) but the normal price is double that. (From a scalper).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Jazzer94

Brought Golden Sun Dark Dawn played the first two on GBA ages ago but never got round to this one but at £7.50 new I had to.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

KingMike

Spectrobes Target version for about $5 new on amazon. Surprised it's cheaper than the standard version. Did the game just non-sell at Target more than other stores?

KingMike

KingMike

Pokemon Black 1.
Already have White 2, but I figure I might as well get the first. Don't plan to play right now, but the Pokemon games seem to hold their value so I'm sure in a few years I'd be glad I paid now while I can still get a new copy for a reasonable price, than pay the same price later to get just a used card. (I don't know why that is, you'd think with millions of copies out there, they'd be cheap.)

KingMike

Filth_Element

Just got Bangai-O Spirits, only played through some of the tutorial but in love already!

oh and just a quick note Amazon is selling Aliens: Infestation for less than £4 squid, that's pretty good for a decent game!

Some of Mario Odyssey is seriously giving heart palpitations.... that plumber is trying to kill me!

KingMike

I also ordered both Blue Dragon DS games. The first one is quite cheap, the second is not.
And Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings. I hear the Japanese version is easier than the English version but I think being able to read it properly first might be a bit more important. (why no difficulty option? )

KingMike

Mr-X9000

i recently purchased super mario 64 DS for 24 dollars. 10 year old mario games are expensive where i live...

3DS friend code: 1805-2417-4668
nintendo network ID: Mr.X9000
playstation network ID: dooghound

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2417-4668 | Nintendo Network ID: Mr.X9000 | Twitter:

KingMike

Disgaea. Never played the game, I hear the DS version isn't that bad for a port.
From the remaining RPGs not in my collection...
I got Luminous Arc 2 years ago, but it looks like first is a much less common game?
Same case with Izuna, it seems (though I hear the second was a much better game anyways).
I suppose I should pass up Rhapsody. I have the PS version and I hear it had some pretty awful bugs they didn't even bother to fix for the EU version, despite it being released later.

KingMike

SubBronze

I picked up Pokemon Typing Adventure today for 9 pounds, mainly for the Bluetooth keyboard that comes with it but I did play the game a bit as well and it was fun. I'm actually using the keyboard now, but the one thing I have found wrong with it so far is that on other devices there is no way to put in the 'pound' symbol (turns into a hash key '#"), so that's kinda annoying since I live in the UK.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Dezzy

Just got New Super Mario Bros. Don't really see what all the fuss was about though. I'd say it's probably the worst in the 'new' series.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

KingMike

People might have been more excited then because it was the first "new" 2D Mario in over a decade. (though Super Princess Peach was out a few months earlier most people ignored it because while people might play as Peach they apparently don't want her to be the main character )

KingMike

Filth_Element

I'm playing Super Princess Peach on and off at the moment It's OK...

Just not lovin it at the moment.

But yeah it was a big game as it was a return to The Plumbers 2D roots so it was pretty exciting! Think the last one was like 1995 (from memory might be wrong).

Some of Mario Odyssey is seriously giving heart palpitations.... that plumber is trying to kill me!

unrandomsam

Dezzy wrote:

Just got New Super Mario Bros. Don't really see what all the fuss was about though. I'd say it's probably the worst in the 'new' series.

It actually has a reasonable amount of difficulty in it. It works properly for the hardware. (Not like the 30fps 3DS iteration).

It actually uses wall jumps. (Which are always great fun). All the Coins are not hidden to the point where you cannot play the game properly in order to find them.

Platfomers have always been about speed and perfection. (The good ones anyway). The DS one is the closet when it comes that. (Won't know about the Wii U iteration for another week).

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

KingMike

After I bought Ni no Kuni for PS3, I figured I might as well pick up a new copy of the DS game (listed on amazon as new and authentic) while I still can, especially if comes with a giant book that is supposedly needed to (try) to play the game.
And Pokemon Ex-Dee for GameCube. So I hear that's sort of a console RPG?

I'm surprised to see the price of Sonic Chronicles go up. I thought that was a game nobody wanted, so I should've got it when it was like $5 new.
(the same with Sonic. 06 (07?) for PS3. Though I'd pick it up but GameStop wants like $20 used for it, and the Internet doesn't look that much better.)

KingMike

Banker-Style

I got that Pokemon typing game with the wireless bluetooth keyboard thing for £7 from Argos last week.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

DS-GIRL

Nintendogs Dalmatian, which I had to bring back because it was broken, Nintendogs Labrador and Cooking Mama 2.

DS-GIRL

Andyv01

Picked up "Cooking Guide - Can't decide what to eat?" on DS from a Charity shop for £3.... actually really useful, have cooked okonomiyaki and some funky Russian soup ... now if only it came with a free fire blanket...

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

Ketchupcat

The most recent DS game I got was Super Star Ultra last year, which I love SO MUCH! But recently I've realized there are a lot of DS games I missed. Like Canvas Curse, Mass Attack, WarioWare: Touched!, and Rhythm Heaven.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

KingMike

Never played a Phoenix Wright game so I bought the original on amazon, as well as 999 Doors for free shipping.
I notice Okamiden is cheap again, so it must've got reprinted recently (like I've heard the Mega Man ZX games were, right after I bought them used card only from GameStop). I don't need to buy because I bought it before the spike.

KingMike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.