Forums

Topic: Post your Rytmik compositions here!

Posts 141 to 160 of 196

Ecto-1

Nice song, edhe. I really like the drum beat; it gives the piece an overall tense feeling that sounds fitting for your application.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

edhe

@Jahir

Look at your youtube url. It should read something like http;//www,youtube,com/watch?v=###########&feature=player_embedded, where '#' is one of the 11 characters of the youtube video ID (sometimes youtube videos urls are shorter, but the ID always follows "watch?v="). Copy those 11 characters, then paste them as (youtube:###########). Replace the round brackets with square brackets.

Use the "quote post" button to see the code in action in any post on these forums with a video attached.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Martin_Linda

Dec 22th 2011 is release date of Rytmik Retrobits for US. Happy XMAS!

Martin_Linda

TrumpeterBuizel

Here are my two Rytmik compositions so far. The first one is based on the Doppler effect:
[youtube:M1dRnJB4Z-o]
And the second one is created with Rock edition, based on a wind ensemble piece titled "A Movement for Rosa" by Mark Camphouse (link to original in video description).
[youtube:NiRbJnwzrEA]
I actually didn't realize that either of them were so long before I recorded them onto the computer, but anyway... I appreciate any feedback on these two songs, as they were more or less experimenting and I have a third song almost ready.
@Jahir - (on Sample 1) Nice song so far! I really like your combination of harmonies and melodies. To improve it, you might want to consider adding some variety into the drum part to make it more interesting. Like a fill every now and then.

Edited on by TrumpeterBuizel

Scoo-ratch-o, HEY!
3DS FC: 3093-7089-6247

Freeon-Leon

Hey, thanks @TrumpeterBuizel, I was thinking about improving the drum part but I'm just too freaking lazy, I guess I'll do it soon. I have another 2 song I'd like to show you all. (I want to go pro someday)

What can I say? I see what you did there, you could try with different pitchs on certain instruments so you can change the body of the songs (when it's needed), sometimes you do have a strong base, but you got to find the right sound in order to transmit the right feeling. I don't know, that's just what I'd do, also that's a good way to find some unique sounds. You can play with the length of the notes too; by completely muting some of the notes next to them..

And btw... I don't like the Sample 2 anymore so I removed it.

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Freeon-Leon

I'll leave you another song, in this one I tried to make a calm atmosphere and... you better use earphones - you can taste all the sounds with your earphones -. I don't have my cable right now so this is a version I recorded like a month ago and some instruments are a little low - like the flute, and it's supposed to be the lead -. Also I still have to fihish it, but I want your opinion

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Freeon-Leon

@zezhyrule: No!! Your songs aren't noobish, actually I like them D:!! You found the way to make them sound like the original ones. I really liked your tunes u.u Keep up the good work

EDIT: ... and you made a good cover of the Song of Storms

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Freeon-Leon

Another idea I had (I should start finishing my songs), it's kinda lo-fi with a lot of bass, I edited the song in VirtualDJ so it's not 100% Rytmik, Welly well, hope you like it.

(All sounds were made in Rytmik).

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Ecto-1

@JahirBGood
Your tracks sound great man! They all have really interesting sounds and are very unique.

@zezhyrule
Your Zelda cover is amazing (the other ones good too, I'm just not familiar with the PW games or their music)! You may have just convinced me to download Retrobits.

@TrumpeterBuizel
Your Doppler song is really cool. I love seeing people try strange and off the wall things with programs like Rytmik.

As for myself, I've been busy and in a bit of a rut as far as creativity goes, so I'm going to post one of the songs I added to my Youtube channel some time ago, but never added here. Hopefully, I'll get my artistic juices flowing again soon and create something new that sounds good.

This is called Sunset March. It has a kind of cowboys riding off into the sunset kind of feel to it. This song makes me wish that Rytmik: Rock Edition had included some samples of acoustic guitar, as I think that would have made this one better. The clean bits I went with sound alright, but at the same time they just don't sound quite right to me. Anyway, thanks for listening, and, as always, any comments or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

TrumpeterBuizel

Third song is done! It's about the feelings associated with winter: suspense, mystery, discovery, etc. This is definitely better than my first two in my opinion. I might have overcompensated for the volume for being too soft last time, though--it's quite loud.
[youtube:tiOScBZGxbI]
@Jahir: Really liking the two tracks you posted! I could probably use a bit of your influence in my work.
@Ecto: You seem to do quite a few off the wall things yourself. I like your combination of sounds in this song.

Scoo-ratch-o, HEY!
3DS FC: 3093-7089-6247

Ecto-1

@TrumpeterBuizel
Thanks! I really like your new song. Its incredibly peaceful and calming. Exactly the emotions I attribute to snow and to winter in general. Actually, your song inspired the song that follows. I call it Snow Falls at Dusk. I'm not sure if I'm done with it yet, but I like it so far.

This next song is the first full song I ever created. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

LordTendoboy

How do you upload these Rytmik songs onto Youtube? Are the song files saved to the SD card, and you just copy them to a video editing program?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Ecto-1

Rytmik can't save songs to the SD card, unfortunately. I hooked my DSi up to my laptop using a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable from the DSi's headphone jack to my PC's microphone jack. The I used Audacity to record the audio and used Windows Movie Maker to make the video. By the way, by default Audacity records in mono; to get your songs recorded in stereo you have to enable an option. I want to say it called it "dual channel" but I'm not sure. I'll check as soon as I have the chance.

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

Freeon-Leon

@TrumpeterBuizel: You're getting better! The only thing I could complain about is the beginning, it feels a little slow, maybe you could make it a little bit shorter. However, it's such a good song.

@Ecto-1: I get the feeling with the Sunset March man And yeah, the guitar samples of Rytmik: RE may not be the best IMO, but something I like is when someone takes those samples and makes something great and natural -that's what I try at least-. On Snow Falls at Dusk and The Fortune's Teller Madness you could check those harmonies, the piano feels wierd sometimes, but the ideas are good.

Now, this is kind of an experiment because I wanted to try different harmonies. Maybe this is not the best song I've posted -I feel like it needs a voice or another instrument- but I want to share it with you.

BTW I will fix some things in Muestra 03, and I'll download Rytmik: Retrobits, so more tunes are coming

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Ecto-1

@JahirBGood
Thanks for your feed back! I am definitely hearing some dissonance in some of the keyboard notes in Snow Falls at Dusk. I didn't really notice it when I played it on my DSi, but it does sound really pronounced here. When I get the chance, I'll certainly try to get that fixed. As for the Fortune Teller song, it was my first ever attempt at making music with Rytmik. It has some issues, but I like to use it as a benchmark for measuring my improvement.

Your new song sounds really good. It kind of reminds me of the kind of music you might hear in a game like MarioKart. Really nice! Looking forward to what you can do with Retrobits. If I can come up with the extra I might pick it up myself.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.