Forums

Topic: Pokemon Conquest Reviewed at Destructoid

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

Wheels2050

Just thought people might like to know that Pokemon Conquest got a review over at Destructoid.

Jim Sterling (I know, I know) reviewed it quite favourably. I'll wait for a few more reviews, but sounds like it might be worthwhile.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

RevolverLink

People hate on Jim Sterling a lot (and he doesn't exactly go out of his way to avoid controversy) and he's not my favorite editor they have, but I enjoy reading what he has to say and even when I disagree with his opinions, I think he does a good job of explaining his position most of the time.

Anyway, I might get Pokemon Conquest if it continues to get good press, but I'm not sure I can justify getting another SRPG when Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Shining Force and Devil Survivor are all sitting barely played on my real and digital shelves.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Bread-Not-Toast

Still no UK release date

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Drawdler

I heard good stuff from a friend with the Japanese version. I want this, it looks like a more deep-system game. It's too bad there's no release data in PAL.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

paburrows

So how much is this like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance? I love FFTA and want more games like it.

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

edhe

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Somehow I suspect Jim Sterling isn't exactly a big fan of strategy games.

And therefore he's probably not the best person to review this game. Someone needs to get Tom Chick to sit down and play this game. The results would be funny.

He likes Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Heroes and he appreciates "cutesy" Nintendo games like Kirby Epic Yarn, so I think he would have been a good a person as any to review it.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Koos

This might be my first ever pokemon game...

Koos

RevolverLink

Koos wrote:

You really should give HeartGold/SoulSilver or Black/White a chance. They're quite good.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

V8_Ninja

Umm...not to crush anyone's feelings, but is this thread really necessary? Isn't there a more general Pokemon Conquest thread that has still got momentum and is worth chatting about over there?

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Koos

RevolverLink wrote:

Koos wrote:

You really should give HeartGold/SoulSilver or Black/White a chance. They're quite good.

I know nothing about the generations and all the collecting... will I still enjoy it? I enjoy Pokedex just for the 3D effect and seeing them move

Koos

Wheels2050

V8_Ninja wrote:

Umm...not to crush anyone's feelings, but is this thread really necessary? Isn't there a more general Pokemon Conquest thread that has still got momentum and is worth chatting about over there?

I did a search of the site and couldn't find a thread on it, so I started this one.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

theblackdragon

V8_Ninja wrote:

It kinda petered out into waltzy talking about how crappy it was for the hardcore SRPG fan, but you're welcome to revive it. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.