DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Showing 921 to 940 of 1,380

AuthorMessage

Pogocoop

921. Posted:

I just caught my first Shiny!!!! It was an Elgyem!

This makes up for that Shiny lairon Using Roar in Emerald!

Anyone wanna trade? Shiny for Shiny?

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

922. Posted:

@pogocoop: :O Curse you and everyone else who has found a shiny in Black or White!! I've only ever caught 2 shinies. A worthless Mr. Mime and a Roselia. I don't even like those Pokemon!! I just want a shiny of a Pokemon I actually like......I would give anything for a shiny Charizard......Anyway, my whining aside, congrats on your catch! :D

Edited on by bboy2970

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

923. Posted:

Well everyone, I finally was able to snatch a Japanese Ditto from the GTS this morning. I now begin my quest to breed up a shiny Charmander and get my long wanted shiny Charizard. Wish me luck all!

AuthorMessage

Yasume

924. Posted:

The Random Matchup feature just made me realize how much I suck at competitive battles.:P I played 4 matches in a row and lost all 4 of them and there was only 1 strong opponent in my opinion. One match in particular was really embarrassing, because I'm pretty sure that her Pokémon were not EV trained. She 1HKO my Zoroark with a Zangoose (with no items attached!) using Strength and her Salamence killed my Nidoking with Fly. I felt so stupid losing to that girl. >.< Especially because I couldn't knock out any of her Pokémon.

In another match with some guy I was probably better, but he managed to win with 2-0 in the end, because I had so much bad luck. If anyone wants to give me some advice, here's the video:

43 - 13911 - 26409

Here are the details of the Pokémon I used:

Zoroark
@Life Orb

IVs 28/x/1/29/27-28/31
Evs 252 SPD 252 SPA 4 HP
Nature: Timid
Ability: Illusion

Night Daze
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Nasty Plot

Azelf
@Rocky Helmet (original item is Life Orb, but I had to change it due to Item Clause)

IVs 21-22/x/20-21/28-29/22-23/23-24
EVs 252 SPD 252 SPA 4 HP
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate

Energy Ball
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Nasty Plot

Feraligatr
@Choice Band

IVs 23-25/21-23/24-26/x/25-27/28-30
EVs 252 ATK 252 SPDEF 4 HP
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Torrent

Dragon Claw
Crunch
Ice Punch
Waterfall

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage

SonicMaster

925. Posted:

Overall, I think it was really good. It did annoy me how you had to connect to Black to get more Pokes in White forest, though...

I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

926. Posted:

@Yasume
Badluck happens :P
I havn't try The Random battle in Poke B/W but,
if it anything like the online Battle Tower (I made it to rank10 online, and got a Ribbn for it)
Then my Magikarp will have no problem :3

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Yasume

927. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

@Yasume
if it anything like the online Battle Tower (I made it to rank10 online, and got a Ribbn for it)

I'm not familiar with the online Battle Tower, but what you basically do in random matchup is playing 3vs3 matches against another player. You get to see the Pokémon of your opponent before the battle and you get 150 sec(?) to choose your 3 Pokemon carefully. Chatot and 1/2 of the legends are banned and there is an item clause. All moves are allowed, so you can annoy your opponent by using Spore all the time or by spamming Double Team. I'm pretty sure that hacked Pokémon will be detected, which is a big plus.

Edit: You can also choose Double Battle, Triple Battle, Rotation Battle and Launcher Battle. Not sure what the latter is though.

Edited on by Yasume

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

928. Posted:

Yasume wrote:

JumpMad wrote:

@Yasume

I'm not familiar with the online Battle Tower, but what you basically do in random matchup is playing 3vs3 matches against another player. You get to see the Pokémon of your opponent before the battle and you get 150 sec(?) to choose your 3 Pokemon carefully. Chatot and 1/2 of the legends are banned and there is an item clause. All moves are allowed, so you can annoy your opponent by using Spore all the time or by spamming Double Team. I'm pretty sure that hacked Pokémon will be detected, which is a big plus.

Edit: You can also choose Double Battle, Triple Battle, Rotation Battle and Launcher Battle. Not sure what the latter is though.

Saw the match. Man, bad luck sucks...

As for Launcher, this allows you to use items. But to use them, you have to rack enough points to use certain items to make things balanced.

btw, Me wants to battle!

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Yasume

929. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

Yasume wrote:

JumpMad wrote:

@Yasume

Saw the match. Man, bad luck sucks...

As for Launcher, this allows you to use items. But to use them, you have to rack enough points to use certain items to make things balanced.

btw, Me wants to battle!

I see, that sounds too gimmicky imo, so I will stick to single battles.:)

I could battle you somewhere tomorrow if you like. How about a 6vs6 match?

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

930. Posted:

Dose anyone know, where to find some weight training in poke B/W?
Like Power Weight, and Power Lens, and so on.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

Mizore

931. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Dose anyone know, where to find some weight training in poke B/W?
Like Power Weight, and Power Lens, and so on.

I think they're all in the Battle Subway.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Rensch

932. Posted:

Yeah, you can buy them from the lady in the stand near the entrance to the trains.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

933. Posted:

SUCCESS!!!!! After over a week of searching the GTS for a Japaneses Ditto and then breeding it with my Charmeleon, I have hatched a shiny Charmander after about 70 un-successful eggs! I is happy :)

AuthorMessage

Rensch

934. Posted:

bboy2970 wrote:

SUCCESS!!!!! After over a week of searching the GTS for a Japaneses Ditto and then breeding it with my Charmeleon, I have hatched a shiny Charmander after about 70 un-successful eggs! I is happy :)

That's great. I am always surprised about the lengths people will go through to get shiny Pokémon. :P I guess if there's anybody looking for a Charmander, they now whom to turn to. :D

Edited on by Rensch

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

935. Posted:

I have a Shiny Japaneses Ditto
Can I get Shiny pokes out of it?

University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

936. Posted:

Yea but the fact that is shiny doesn't mean there a higher chance that a shiny might hatch. It is a foreign poke so yea you got a better chance than a regional one.

Animal Crossing NewLeaf Rulz!!
Town of Paradise Mayor:Eli_Ash
My Animal Crossing/Random Tumblr
PSN:ELI-ASH

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

937. Posted:

@JumpMad: Unfortunately breeding with a shiny Pokemon still gives the resulting Pokemon the same chance of being shiny. The only reason I specifically got a Japanese Ditto is that it can breed with any Pokemon and result in an egg for the first stage of said Pokemon, no need to worry about egg groups. As for the fact that it had to be Japanese, according to the Masuda method, breeding 2 Pokemon from different language games (in this case, English and Japanese) gives the resulting Pokemon a 4 times better chance of being shiny. So instead of having a 1 in 8,000-something chance of hatching a shiny, you now have a 1 in 2,000-something chance!

@Rensch: I just love the rarity of a shiny Pokemon. Sure the chances of getting one are extremely slim and unreasonable but that just makes one that much more special when you finally get it! Also, I am VERY overstocked with Charmanders. lol. Anyone want one? They're free! I guess I could just turn a couple of 'em into Charizards and use them as bargaining chips on the GTS :D

AuthorMessage

Rensch

938. Posted:

I almost feel sad I already have a Charmander now. :P Zorua's seem pretty exploitable on GTS too.

AuthorMessage

Yasume

939. Posted:

bboy2970 wrote:

gives the resulting Pokemon a 4 times better chance of being shiny. So instead of having a 1 in 8,000-something chance of hatching a shiny, you now have a 1 in 2,000-something chance!

They increased the odds of getting a shiny to 6/8192 in gen V in comparison to the 4/8192 in gen IV, so you actually have a chance of 1/1365. Even though this does make it a bit easier to obtain a shiny, you may still consider yourself extremely lucky when you hatch one.

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

940. Posted:

Another Pokemon that was exploitable in gen IV was Phione.

Oh and here are a couple of my VS. Record battles against some guys from nlife! No names though :P Check em out sometime :)

84-09867-43945
51-76534-10605

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!