DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Showing 861 to 880 of 1,375

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

861. Posted:

Hi guys, I've got a question about shinies in relation to the Masuda Method. When you breed a Japanese and English Pokemon together and get an egg, is the shininess of the Pokemon in the egg determined when the egg is created or when the egg hatches? I ask because I have a bunch of Feebas eggs and I was thinking of just getting a group of them very close to hatching then just saving and resetting if none of the eggs hatch to reveal shinies.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

Swiket

862. Posted:

It's determined when you pick up the Egg from the Day-Care Man.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

863. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

How do people find out these things? I mean, I'm sure you found out from a site or word of mouth, but how do the sites find out about this stuff? o.O

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

864. Posted:

The coding I'd assume, unless the devs themselves told someone. But yeah, it's when you receive the egg, it's nature, stats, IVs and stuff is all determined.

Edit: It could also be if someone saved right before the egg hatched and then tried to reset for a nature or whatever and realized nothing about it changed.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

865. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Do you Guys know about these "Wings Power ups"
You find them at Bridgies
They may come in handy

There similar to proteins. I don't use them do just sell them for extra cash 1500 per wing is awesome. I though you could only get 1 wing item and then they were gone but no they respawn.

My youtube channel
current lets play "Torneco's mystery dungeon"
PSN:ELI-ASH
Just got a WiiU if you added me on 3ds feel free to add me on this too.

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

AuthorMessage

lockd

866. Posted:

Tj92 wrote:

Swiket wrote:

How do people find out these things? I mean, I'm sure you found out from a site or word of mouth, but how do the sites find out about this stuff? o.O

A member of Gamefreak, Junichi Musada or something, revealed it, hence the name 'Musada Method'.

Love and Tolerance
Pokemon White FC: 4813 7276 6192
3DS FC: 4854 6468 0712
deviantART

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

867. Posted:

Don't expect a shiny right off the bat do. On my SS I been trying to hatch a shiny poliwag using the "Masuda Method" for awhile. Where talking 13 boxes and counting. Still no shiny.

My youtube channel

AuthorMessage

Swiket

868. Posted:

The chances of getting a shiny using the Masuda method are actually higher in B/W than in the 4th gen games.

Edited on by Swiket

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

Rensch

869. Posted:

It's completely pointless to try to get a shiny Pokémon on purpose. In the Sinnoh games you can get them with long streaks using the Pokéradar. But using the Pokéradar was a form of self-torture in itself. In this game the rustling grass is just random but at least you're guaranteed something rare even though it may not be a shiny.

Just get them if you run into them, trying to get them on purpose is wasting precious time of your life. The Masuda method is only a technique that makes an infinitely low chance of it happening slightly less of an infinitely low chance of it happening.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

Yasume

870. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

It's completely pointless to try to get a shiny Pokémon on purpose. In the Sinnoh games you can get them with long streaks using the Pokéradar. But using the Pokéradar was a form of self-torture in itself.

It is rather easy when you know what to do and not to do. Always head for the farthest patch, don't switch from glittering to rustling patches and don't use the Radar in a corner. My first shiny always showed up within an hour and once you've chained 40 Pokémon, you can just reset the Radar over and over until you see another shiny patch. My record is 11 shiny Stantler and I remember some girl from the GameFaqs message boards who caught 133 shiny Eevee. It took her 2-3 days though.

Edited on by Yasume

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage

Rensch

871. Posted:

I really can't be bothered to do such a thing. Still, in Black/White, there's no PokéRadar to do it. My streaks of the same Pokémon never got much further than five. And even if you pick the furthest patch of grass, it's fairly rare to meet the rare PokéRadar exclusive pokémon. It's just to tedious for me to bother with all that stuff. I don't really care for shinies anyway. I capture them when I happen to come across one but it's not a priority to collect them.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

872. Posted:

There's a video of a guy who's game had Prof. Juniper encounter a shiny Patrat lol

Too bad he can't trade her for it. That must suck though... It's like the game is laughing at your face.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Rensch

873. Posted:

Is that possible. Many people hack the Pokémon games you know. But it'd be funny if it happened.

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

874. Posted:

It's possible just like that Hoenn trainer in RS that you help catch a Ralts.If your lucky(or unlucky?) enough the Ralts can be a shiny.

Edited on by ELI-ASH

My youtube channel

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

875. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

Is that possible. Many people hack the Pokémon games you know. But it'd be funny if it happened.

Hack pokemon can't be traded or be put in the New GTS.
You also can go online with it.
So in other words, cheaters never win, be happy with the Pokemons you have now.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Raylax

876. Posted:

The Wings aren't much like Vitamins - they only add a single EV (as opposed to the 10 a Vitamin gives you), but they can be used all the way up to the full 255 EVs (Vitamins stop working once you've reached 100 EVs in a single stat)

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

877. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

The Wings aren't much like Vitamins - they only add a single EV (as opposed to the 10 a Vitamin gives you), but they can be used all the way up to the full 255 EVs (Vitamins stop working once you've reached 100 EVs in a single stat)

The Wings are good for selling, you get alot of money out of them.
and I already max out my pokemon EV, hopefuly it will work out right.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Rensch

878. Posted:

Those feathers are a fantastic addition since they're so easy to get.

AuthorMessage

Yasume

879. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Rensch wrote:

Hack pokemon can't be traded or be put in the New GTS.
You also can go online with it.
So in other words, cheaters never win, be happy with the Pokemons you have now.

Not so sure about that. I read a thread last week about a guy that received a shiny Zorua w/ Lucky Egg by the use of the GTS. I doubt that someone will give a shiny like that to a random person. I believe that cheaters/hackers can still PokeSav a Pokemon in a way that it looks legit.

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage

Rensch

880. Posted:

I've seen a few very suspicious shinies on the GTS.

What they really should fix, though, is the possibility of requesting things like a Lv. 5 Zekrom. This is impossible without hacking. They should make restrictions for certain non-breedable Pokémon. This could reduce hacks as well. Why are there restrictions on gender for Pokémon like Jynx or Mr. Mime, which are only obtainable in one gender, but not on levels. You can't legally get a Zekrom at lv. 5 so why allow the player to ask for it. If you get one like that, it's hacked.