DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Showing 841 to 860 of 1,380

AuthorMessage

Swiket

841. Posted:

...there are gender differences, some more obvious than others (Unfezant and Frillish):
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/genderdifference.shtml

But you can change what sprite the Pokedex displays.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

Mizore

842. Posted:

TwilightV wrote:

I'm glad there are no visual gender differences in B/W. I really didn't like it when my Diamond Pokedex displayed female Pikachu...

...Not really sure what you're talking about...and I like the female Pikachu and ts heart-like tail, lol.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

843. Posted:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

I'm glad there are no visual gender differences in B/W. I really didn't like it when my Diamond Pokedex displayed female Pikachu...

...Not really sure what you're talking about...and I like the female Pikachu and ts heart-like tail, lol.

A Pokedex entry's main picture (the one you see while scrolling through entries) is determined by the gender of the PKMN you first encounter. I like it too, but I really wanted the male displayed... XP

Edit: And this was the first time I realized this (also after I had saved lol).

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

844. Posted:

Any of you guys planning some kind of challenge run for your second play of the game on the other version?? Like for example not running away from any battle or not using fly as a shortcut.

Speaking of HMs i received a pokemon with Surf and I can use it right away. Can all Hms be used right away or is Surf Hm requirement an early gym badge.

Animal Crossing NewLeaf Rulz!!
Town of Paradise Mayor:Eli_Ash
My Animal Crossing/Random Tumblr
PSN:ELI-ASH

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

845. Posted:

All HMs can be used upon receiving them this time around. Badges only determine the LVL trade PKMN can get before becoming unruly.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

Swiket

846. Posted:

You can use Surf as soon as you get the 5th gym badge.

When you head towards Twist Mountain, Alder gives you the actual HM.

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

847. Posted:

Got some bad news
Untitled
That Notch Ear Pichu, can't not come to Poke B/W.
I'm guessing, that Sprite in not in the game.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

848. Posted:

Well thats a strange way to break the game. HMs are not as mandatory as the other versions so its not that a big deal.The Fly one been the exception.

@JumpMad Yea notch ear pichu is HG/SS only, is it true a shiny notch ear pichu doesn't exist either??

Edited on by ELI-ASH

Animal Crossing NewLeaf Rulz!!
Town of Paradise Mayor:Eli_Ash
My Animal Crossing/Random Tumblr
PSN:ELI-ASH

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

849. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Got some bad news
Untitled
That Notch Ear Pichu, can't not come to Poke B/W.
I'm guessing, that Sprite in not in the game.

What?! Why not?! I understand not letting it into the Union Room because earlier DS games don't have that sprite, but in future games like Black and White there should be no excuse.

Edited on by TeeJay

Spiritloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

Ark

850. Posted:

@Swiket >mfw you browse /vp/ too :3 The guys there are actually talking about making a sort of charity thing, so there can't be too many trolls there. :P

Has anyone completed the National Dex yet? I've seen many people complete the Unova dex but I've yet to hear of anyone having that much time on their hands to get all 649. I currently have around 230-250 and Unova completed, but there's still tons more to go.

AuthorMessage

Yasume

851. Posted:

Scypher wrote:

Has anyone completed the National Dex yet? I've seen many people complete the Unova dex but I've yet to hear of anyone having that much time on their hands to get all 649. I currently have around 230-250 and Unova completed, but there's still tons more to go.

Wifi trading makes it a lot easier than the previous games. So far I've seen 442 and obtained 328. This is mainly because I transferred the unobtainable Pokémon from my Pearl file to Black.

I can't wait for the DreamWorld to launch. It seems that you can obtain some Pokémon that way too, but I'm more excited about the exclusive moves and abilities.

Edited on by Yasume

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage

Highwinter

852. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

...there are gender differences, some more obvious than others (Unfezant and Frillish):
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/genderdifference.shtml

But you can change what sprite the Pokedex displays.

Those are the only two in Black & White. Very disappointed in that regard, it's not a huge deal, but I was hoping it would be something they expanded upon in these games. I liked how in the Stadium games on the N64 your Pokemon would appear in slightly different shades depending on their nickname. You could have a very dull orange Charizard or an almost deep red one.. It gave them a bit more personalisation, having random differences like this would really help your Pokemon feel a bit more unique, in my opinion.

I think the reason they dropped that idea was because of shiny Pokemon, but they could still exist as the super rare, more extreme differences.

Highwinter

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

853. Posted:

EV and IV Training is much harder to do in Poke B/W
anyone know a good spot for Speed and Sp.Attack Training?

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

Swiket

854. Posted:

Celestial Tower for Special Attack. Litwick and Elgyem give +1 Special Attack EVs.

Route 3 has some water you can Surf on. Basculin gives +2 EVs in Speed.

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

855. Posted:

Ooh Ooh! This is going to take a lot of self-control, but I think I'm going to EV train my shiny Snivy once I get it. I'll only use it to catch a Patrat and a Lillipup and to train them until they can fight on their own, then store the Snivy until I reach an area where I can EV train it.
Of course, I'll have to count how many Patrats and Lillipups I defeat with the Snivy so I know how many attack EV's I need to cancel out with Kelpsy berries. I've done my research. :3

Now the only factor left is to hope to God for a decent nature.

Does the first battle with your friends count towards your EV's? I believe so, and if so, then I'll need the appropriate berries needed to negate 1 HP EV point and 1 Sp. Attack EV point.

Edited on by TeeJay

Spiritloggery

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

856. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

Celestial Tower for Special Attack. Litwick and Elgyem give +1 Special Attack EVs.

Route 3 has some water you can Surf on. Basculin gives +2 EVs in Speed.

I been Fighting Liepard for that +2 EVs in Speed, Basculin would be alot easy to fight.
And I guess that little Goth Pokemon dosen't give off Special Attack EVs.
Thanks alot, you been a great help :)

University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

Swiket

857. Posted:

Except that there are no EV-reducing berries in B/W. And you can't transfer items from Gen IV.

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

858. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

Except that there are no EV-reducing berries in B/W. And you can't transfer items from Gen IV.

Realy? Are you sure? I find that hard to believe. A pokemon game without berries? Berries are too useful to leave out of a game. D:

Spiritloggery

AuthorMessage

Swiket

859. Posted:

Of course there are berries! But the EV-reducing berries are unobtainable.

You could get them when the Dream World goes up, but you can't grow them.

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

860. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

Of course there are berries! But the EV-reducing berries are unobtainable.

You could get them when the Dream World goes up, but you can't grow them.

I never fully understood Dream World...you need a computer, right?

I'll just consult Serebii and Bulbapeida. Between the two of them I'm sure I'll come to understand.

Spiritloggery