DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Showing 821 to 840 of 1,380

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

821. Posted:

Highwinter wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Any good places to level grind before the Elite Four? My team is too strong for wild Pokemon in Victory Road to make a difference, but not strong enough to beat the Elite Four. Where can I go?

Oh, and is Zoroark considered a legendary? I don't like to use legends, and I have been using him since the start. I don't want to train a new Pokemon, but if he is I will have to.

If your Pokemon are in their mid-40's, you should be good to go. The Elite Four in this game is very easy the first time round and really shouldn't give you any trouble. If you somehow aren't a high enough level, the best option would be to just fight them anyway and take the experience you get from losing.

And no, Zoroark isn't a legendary.

komicturtle92 wrote:

JafriYakin wrote:

I was wondering......are there shiny Pokemon in this game?
I want to know

Si.
It's just they only appear when grass are rustling. You will know it's shiny if the grass sparkles.

Oh, and I'm not entirely sure if it's ONLY when grass rustle and shine when they appear.

It's completely random, the grass doesn't sparkle or anything like that. I got a shiny Scraggy from a normal patch of grass.
Breeding one of your Pokemon with one you've traded for from a foreign country is the only way to increase the chances of finding one.

I've seen a video of it and it's even confirmed in game by a lady in Nimbasa City. Guess it's not ONLY when the grass rustles and glows.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

822. Posted:

Yasume wrote:

JumpMad wrote:

Yasume wrote:

JumpMad wrote:

Yasume wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Man chargestone cave is a pain. Random encounter every 2 steps I swear. Well at least I caught a tynano. I'm pretty behind on black.

Repels!

Where exactly in the cave did you catch that Tynamo? I can't find it. * _ *

In the Chargestone cave last floor.
Their not easy to run into, they are rare to find.
and if you need any help, I can just give you one.

Sure, I'll take one. What do you want for it? I'm currently working on Zorua and I can give you a Timid male Zorua with 29/28/31 IVs in HP, Special Attack and Speed if you want. It might be good for competitive battles. I can also give you any starter or a Phione egg for it.

The Zorua sound great.
I have a freshy hatch Tynamo, my FC is down their.

Allright, I can make a trade around 9 in the evening, which will be 3PM for you if you are American.

FC: 5243 - 1101 - 9318

That's good with me, I'll be home at 2PM
and if you have any more request, just let me know.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Ark

823. Posted:

I had a very touching experience today. I went on the GTS attempting to get a Japanese Ditto, since it increases the likelihood of obtaining a shiny Pokemon through breeding. The guy was offering a Ditto for a Ditto, so I jumped on board right away (you don't find deals like that easily on the GTS, it's all Zekrom level 9 and under). Attached to the Ditto was mail. I opened it up and here's what it said:
Untitled
My heart sank for a moment, but now I realize that I too can be a "HERO" and lend a "HELPING HAND".to Japan.

Edited on by Ark

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

824. Posted:

@Scypher
That's truly is thouching.
I did what I can to help as well, this Story should be posted in more blogs.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

qsdsd

825. Posted:

any one want to battle?

qsdsd

AuthorMessage

Rensch

826. Posted:

Wow Scypher, that is truly amazing!

BTW: I've caught all pokémon in the Unova Pokédex!!! Took me less than two weeks. Kneel before me puny poké-mortals, KNEEL!

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

827. Posted:

That is so sad :'(

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

828. Posted:

When I get Pokemon Black, I'm going to get myself a shiny Snivy! Think I can do it before the Victini event ends?

Spiritloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

Yasume

829. Posted:

@Scypher: Touching indeed. You better hold on to that mail.

Tj92 wrote:

When I get Pokemon Black, I'm going to get myself a shiny Snivy! Think I can do it before the Victini event ends?

You shouldn't do that, because it might never happen. The odds will always be 1/8192 when you soft reset and that is a very small chance.

@Jumpmad: I can trade between now and 2 hours or so.

Edited on by Yasume

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage

Swiket

830. Posted:

Scypher wrote:

I had a very touching experience today. I went on the GTS attempting to get a Japanese Ditto, since it increases the likelihood of obtaining a shiny Pokemon through breeding. The guy was offering a Ditto for a Ditto, so I jumped on board right away (you don't find deals like that easily on the GTS, it's all Zekrom level 9 and under). Attached to the Ditto was mail. I opened it up and here's what it said:
Untitled
My heart sank for a moment, but now I realize that I too can be a "HERO" and lend a "HELPING HAND".to Japan.

I saw that on /vp/.

Untitled

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

831. Posted:

The Trolls on 4Chan are the last people you call for help :|
your better off posting it on /b/

Edited on by LordJumpMad

University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

832. Posted:

Tj92 wrote:

If you want to do that, you can go ahead and download the Liberty Pass. I did before I started and had to reset several times to get a desireable nature and description for my Oshawott. After that, I just picked the LP up from the deliveryman.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

833. Posted:

TwilightV wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

If you want to do that, you can go ahead and download the Liberty Pass. I did before I started and had to reset several times to get a desireable nature and description for my Oshawott. After that, I just picked the LP up from the deliveryman.

Wait, so if I download the liberty pass, it will stay in my game no matter how many times I reset, as long as I have the wonder card?

Yasume wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

You shouldn't do that, because it might never happen. The odds will always be 1/8192 when you soft reset and that is a very small chance.

Or it could happen after my first few tries! :o
But seriously, lots of people have done it before, why can't I give it a shot?

Edited on by TeeJay

Spiritloggery

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

834. Posted:

Tj92 wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

Wait, so if I download the liberty pass, it will stay in my game no matter how many times I reset, as long as I have the wonder card?

Yasume wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

Yes, but I think you can only pick it up once. I would advise you not experiment with that, just to be safe. :3

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

835. Posted:

TwilightV wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

Yasume wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

Yes, but I think you can only pick it up once. I would advise you not experiment with that, just to be safe. :3

I understand what you're saying. It will always be there in the game ready to be picked up as long as I have the wonder card, but I can only pick it up once.

In that case, I'll download the liberty pass, then come back to pick it up once I get my shiny Snivy.

Am I correct?

Spiritloggery

AuthorMessage

Yasume

836. Posted:

Tj92 wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

Yasume wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

I'm not saying you can't, but you just need to keep it in mind. You will feel very satisfied if you succeed though.;)

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

837. Posted:

Yush. :3

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

838. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

JafriYakin wrote:

I was wondering......are there shiny Pokemon in this game?
I want to know

Si.
It's just they only appear when grass are rustling. You will know it's shiny if the grass sparkles.

Oh, and I'm not entirely sure if it's ONLY when grass rustle and shine when they appear.

It's not only when the grass rustles. I got my Shiny Shuckle from a regular dark patch of grass.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

Swiket

839. Posted:

There is no sparkling grass in B/W. That was only in Sinnoh, and that was just if you were using the PokeRader.

Rustling grass usually means there's an Audino.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

840. Posted:

I'm glad there are no visual gender differences in B/W. I really didn't like it when my Diamond Pokedex displayed female Pikachu...

TwilightV