Forums

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,311

Highwinter

Swiket wrote:

...there are gender differences, some more obvious than others (Unfezant and Frillish):
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/genderdifference.shtml

But you can change what sprite the Pokedex displays.

Those are the only two in Black & White. Very disappointed in that regard, it's not a huge deal, but I was hoping it would be something they expanded upon in these games. I liked how in the Stadium games on the N64 your Pokemon would appear in slightly different shades depending on their nickname. You could have a very dull orange Charizard or an almost deep red one.. It gave them a bit more personalisation, having random differences like this would really help your Pokemon feel a bit more unique, in my opinion.

I think the reason they dropped that idea was because of shiny Pokemon, but they could still exist as the super rare, more extreme differences.

Highwinter

LordJumpMad

EV and IV Training is much harder to do in Poke B/W
anyone know a good spot for Speed and Sp.Attack Training?

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

TeeJay

Ooh Ooh! This is going to take a lot of self-control, but I think I'm going to EV train my shiny Snivy once I get it. I'll only use it to catch a Patrat and a Lillipup and to train them until they can fight on their own, then store the Snivy until I reach an area where I can EV train it.
Of course, I'll have to count how many Patrats and Lillipups I defeat with the Snivy so I know how many attack EV's I need to cancel out with Kelpsy berries. I've done my research. :3

Now the only factor left is to hope to God for a decent nature.

Does the first battle with your friends count towards your EV's? I believe so, and if so, then I'll need the appropriate berries needed to negate 1 HP EV point and 1 Sp. Attack EV point.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LordJumpMad

Swiket wrote:

Celestial Tower for Special Attack. Litwick and Elgyem give +1 Special Attack EVs.

Route 3 has some water you can Surf on. Basculin gives +2 EVs in Speed.

I been Fighting Liepard for that +2 EVs in Speed, Basculin would be alot easy to fight.
And I guess that little Goth Pokemon dosen't give off Special Attack EVs.
Thanks alot, you been a great help

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

TeeJay

Swiket wrote:

Except that there are no EV-reducing berries in B/W. And you can't transfer items from Gen IV.

Realy? Are you sure? I find that hard to believe. A pokemon game without berries? Berries are too useful to leave out of a game. D:

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Swiket wrote:

Of course there are berries! But the EV-reducing berries are unobtainable.

You could get them when the Dream World goes up, but you can't grow them.

I never fully understood Dream World...you need a computer, right?

I'll just consult Serebii and Bulbapeida. Between the two of them I'm sure I'll come to understand.

LordJumpMad

Tj92 wrote:

Swiket wrote:

Except that there are no EV-reducing berries in B/W. And you can't transfer items from Gen IV.

Realy? Are you sure? I find that hard to believe. A pokemon game without berries? Berries are too useful to leave out of a game. D:

You think you feel bad,
I have every rare Berry and Battle items thier is.
Their harder to get then a blue Mew (I have six of them)
My Old team is needs those berries to stand a chance in battle, since I train only Poison types.

TeeJay

This is bad. I can access Nintendo Wifi from my room in my apartment, but I don't have a computer, and where there is a computer in my apartment complex, it's out of range of the Nintendo Wi-fi- compatible spot my room is in. No!! How will I be able to access Dream World??

Edited on by TeeJay

komicturtle

Swiket wrote:

Of course there are berries! But the EV-reducing berries are unobtainable.

You could get them when the Dream World goes up, but you can't grow them.

You can grow them in Dream World, actually.

komicturtle

LordJumpMad

Do you Guys know about these "Wings Power ups"
You find them at Bridgies
They may come in handy

SSBbrawler08

Holy dang, has anyone else realized how overpowered Excadrill is?? Seriously, mine is only lvl. 31 and it has 134 ATK and no i don't EV train. HOLY DANG!!

Photobucket | Backloggery
SSBB Friend Code: 0774 - 3945 - 4471
See you in anotha life, brotha.

bboy2970

Hi guys, I've got a question about shinies in relation to the Masuda Method. When you breed a Japanese and English Pokemon together and get an egg, is the shininess of the Pokemon in the egg determined when the egg is created or when the egg hatches? I ask because I have a bunch of Feebas eggs and I was thinking of just getting a group of them very close to hatching then just saving and resetting if none of the eggs hatch to reveal shinies.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

TeeJay

Swiket wrote:

It's determined when you pick up the Egg from the Day-Care Man.

How do people find out these things? I mean, I'm sure you found out from a site or word of mouth, but how do the sites find out about this stuff? o.O

zezhyrule

The coding I'd assume, unless the devs themselves told someone. But yeah, it's when you receive the egg, it's nature, stats, IVs and stuff is all determined.

Edit: It could also be if someone saved right before the egg hatched and then tried to reset for a nature or whatever and realized nothing about it changed.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

ELI-ASH

JumpMad wrote:

Do you Guys know about these "Wings Power ups"
You find them at Bridgies
They may come in handy

There similar to proteins. I don't use them do just sell them for extra cash 1500 per wing is awesome. I though you could only get 1 wing item and then they were gone but no they respawn.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

ELI-ASH

Don't expect a shiny right off the bat do. On my SS I been trying to hatch a shiny poliwag using the "Masuda Method" for awhile. Where talking 13 boxes and counting. Still no shiny.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Rensch

It's completely pointless to try to get a shiny Pokémon on purpose. In the Sinnoh games you can get them with long streaks using the Pokéradar. But using the Pokéradar was a form of self-torture in itself. In this game the rustling grass is just random but at least you're guaranteed something rare even though it may not be a shiny.

Just get them if you run into them, trying to get them on purpose is wasting precious time of your life. The Masuda method is only a technique that makes an infinitely low chance of it happening slightly less of an infinitely low chance of it happening.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Yasume

Rensch wrote:

It's completely pointless to try to get a shiny Pokémon on purpose. In the Sinnoh games you can get them with long streaks using the Pokéradar. But using the Pokéradar was a form of self-torture in itself.

It is rather easy when you know what to do and not to do. Always head for the farthest patch, don't switch from glittering to rustling patches and don't use the Radar in a corner. My first shiny always showed up within an hour and once you've chained 40 Pokémon, you can just reset the Radar over and over until you see another shiny patch. My record is 11 shiny Stantler and I remember some girl from the GameFaqs message boards who caught 133 shiny Eevee. It took her 2-3 days though.

Edited on by Yasume

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

Rensch

I really can't be bothered to do such a thing. Still, in Black/White, there's no PokéRadar to do it. My streaks of the same Pokémon never got much further than five. And even if you pick the furthest patch of grass, it's fairly rare to meet the rare PokéRadar exclusive pokémon. It's just to tedious for me to bother with all that stuff. I don't really care for shinies anyway. I capture them when I happen to come across one but it's not a priority to collect them.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

komicturtle

There's a video of a guy who's game had Prof. Juniper encounter a shiny Patrat lol

Too bad he can't trade her for it. That must suck though... It's like the game is laughing at your face.

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.