DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Showing 781 to 800 of 1,375

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

781. Posted:

Yasume wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Man chargestone cave is a pain. Random encounter every 2 steps I swear. Well at least I caught a tynano. I'm pretty behind on black.

Repels!

Where exactly in the cave did you catch that Tynamo? I can't find it. * _ *

In the Chargestone cave last floor.
Their not easy to run into, they are rare to find.
and if you need any help, I can just give you one.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

782. Posted:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

JumpMad wrote:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

...before I EV train this thing, what's the best HP type for Shelmet? I have, Ghost, Electric, and Dragon.

Electric sounds good, for getting rid of those flying types.

I've been thinking the same thing...but Ghost is ok too...I just hope the power is good.
...What exactly does it look for in IVs when determining HP's power?...

I'd look for "Can take hits" or something similar to that.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Yasume

783. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Yasume wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Man chargestone cave is a pain. Random encounter every 2 steps I swear. Well at least I caught a tynano. I'm pretty behind on black.

Repels!

Where exactly in the cave did you catch that Tynamo? I can't find it. * _ *

In the Chargestone cave last floor.
Their not easy to run into, they are rare to find.
and if you need any help, I can just give you one.

Sure, I'll take one. What do you want for it? I'm currently working on Zorua and I can give you a Timid male Zorua with 29/28/31 IVs in HP, Special Attack and Speed if you want. It might be good for competitive battles. I can also give you any starter or a Phione egg for it.

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TKOWL

784. Posted:

I was strollin' in the dark grass on Route 14, when, I went into a wild encounter with a Shuckle.
But this was no ordinary Shuckle, because it had a blue shell. I heard gaming's most-loved sound effect (the shining shwing), and I screamed OH MY GOD A SHINY SHUCKLE!
I Master Balled that s*** and that was that :)

My luck streak continued today. I caught Volcarona with only one Net Ball and beat Cynthia's Spiritomb without taking much damage.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

785. Posted:

Nice, dragoon!

/me has yet to catch a wild shiny...

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rensch

786. Posted:

I've not seen one since that green Bronzong I once caught in Platinum. (If you don count the Red Gyarados in HG/SS)

Incidentally, have you guys wondered how the hell you're supposed to evolve Feebas into the mighty Milotic without the Beauty thing being available in this game? While you could just bring over a feebas with maxed out beauty from Sinnoh games and level it up in Black or White, there actually is another, much more simple way to get Feebas to evolve into Milotic within these games. If you equip feebas with the Prism Scale and then trade it, it will evolve as well. Feebas is therefor the first and only pokémon with two evolution methods resulting in the same evolution form.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Yasume

787. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

I've not seen one since that green Bronzong I once caught in Platinum. (If you don count the Red Gyarados in HG/SS)

Incidentally, have you guys wondered how the hell you're supposed to evolve Feebas into the mighty Milotic without the Beauty thing being available in this game? While you could just bring over a feebas with maxed out beauty from Sinnoh games and level it up in Black or White, there actually is another, much more simple way to get Feebas to evolve into Milotic within these games. If you equip feebas with the Prism Scale and then trade it, it will evolve as well. Feebas is therefor the first and only pokémon with two evolution methods resulting in the same evolution form.

Well they needed to change it, because Milotic would have been the most rare Pokémon ever otherwise. Not only do not all gamers own Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald or a second DS, but a Feebas is also insanely difficult to catch in that generation.

About shinies, I used to be a shiny hunter in Pearl. I caught 38 shinies by using the PokéRadar. I wish they returned that feature, I loved doing it. I traded most of them away, but I still have a Machop, Flaaffy, Dunsparce, Bidoof (yeah, I chained Bidoof) and Stantler. Probably some more, but I have to check my Pearl game. I don't know what to do with them, so I could trade some of you a few. They are all untouched and some of them have decent natures.

Your best bet would be hatching eggs if you want to collect shinies in this generation. They actually made the Masuda Method (Foreign father/mother + random Pokémon) better by increasing the odds to 6/8192 or 1/1365 in comparison to the 4/8192 of Gen IV.

Edited on by Yasume

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

788. Posted:

Question from a Poke noob.

I have a firestone, waterstone, leafstone, shinystone, moonstone, and a sunstone. Which Generation V Pokemon can I use each on?

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Pastry

789. Posted:

Dragoon Trainer wrote:

I Master Balled that s*** and that was that :)

And then you saw a shiny Reshiram but it ran away... :(

Here is My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

790. Posted:

WhoKnew wrote:

Question from a Poke noob.

I have a firestone, waterstone, leafstone, shinystone, moonstone, and a sunstone. Which Generation V Pokemon can I use each on?

I don't have the game yet, but I do know that the Firestone, Waterstone, and the Leafstone can be used on the elemental monkeys.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ELI-ASH

791. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Yasume wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Man chargestone cave is a pain. Random encounter every 2 steps I swear. Well at least I caught a tynano. I'm pretty behind on black.

Repels!

Where exactly in the cave did you catch that Tynamo? I can't find it. * _ *

In the Chargestone cave last floor.
Their not easy to run into, they are rare to find.
and if you need any help, I can just give you one.

I came across 5 of them. They were quite common for me maybe its a version thing??

Animal Crossing NewLeaf Rulz!!
Town of Paradise Mayor:Eli_Ash
My youtube channel
current lets play "Torneco's mystery dungeon"
PSN:ELI-ASH

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Yasume

792. Posted:

WhoKnew wrote:

Question from a Poke noob.

I have a firestone, waterstone, leafstone, shinystone, moonstone, and a sunstone. Which Generation V Pokemon can I use each on?

Shiny Stone works on Minccino, Moon Stone on Munna and Sun Stone on Petilil and Cottonee. I might be forgetting a few.

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

793. Posted:

Yasume wrote:

JumpMad wrote:

Yasume wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Man chargestone cave is a pain. Random encounter every 2 steps I swear. Well at least I caught a tynano. I'm pretty behind on black.

Repels!

Where exactly in the cave did you catch that Tynamo? I can't find it. * _ *

In the Chargestone cave last floor.
Their not easy to run into, they are rare to find.
and if you need any help, I can just give you one.

Sure, I'll take one. What do you want for it? I'm currently working on Zorua and I can give you a Timid male Zorua with 29/28/31 IVs in HP, Special Attack and Speed if you want. It might be good for competitive battles. I can also give you any starter or a Phione egg for it.

The Zorua sound great.
I have a freshy hatch Tynamo, my FC is down their.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

794. Posted:

Yasume wrote:

WhoKnew wrote:

Question from a Poke noob.

I have a firestone, waterstone, leafstone, shinystone, moonstone, and a sunstone. Which Generation V Pokemon can I use each on?

Shiny Stone works on Minccino, Moon Stone on Munna and Sun Stone on Petilil and Cottonee. I might be forgetting a few.

I wonder what Minccino evolves into! :o

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

795. Posted:

Yasume wrote:

WhoKnew wrote:

Question from a Poke noob.

I have a firestone, waterstone, leafstone, shinystone, moonstone, and a sunstone. Which Generation V Pokemon can I use each on?

Shiny Stone works on Minccino, Moon Stone on Munna and Sun Stone on Petilil and Cottonee. I might be forgetting a few.

Thanks! I used a shinystone on a Minccino already and I found another. Do you know another Pokemon?

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

796. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

JumpMad wrote:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

...before I EV train this thing, what's the best HP type for Shelmet? I have, Ghost, Electric, and Dragon.

Electric sounds good, for getting rid of those flying types.

I've been thinking the same thing...but Ghost is ok too...I just hope the power is good.
...What exactly does it look for in IVs when determining HP's power?...

I'd look for "Can take hits" or something similar to that.

...Don't think I have any of those...but according to GameFaqs, that's for defense, so...yeah...guess Defense determines it then...ah well. I'll just stick with Electric for now, wish I could see the stats at 100.... sighs

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

797. Posted:

[quote=turtlelink][quote=BellGoRiiing][quote=JumpMad][quote=BellGoRiiing]

BellGoRiiing wrote:

...Don't think I have any of those...but according to GameFaqs, that's for defense, so...yeah...guess Defense determines it then...ah well. I'll just stick with Electric for now, wish I could see the stats at 100.... sighs

Hidden Power is base on a Pokemon's Defense?

My Cofagrigus has a Defense of 203, and his Hidden Power (Water) is pretty weak.
Sometimes I'm better off using his Sadow Ball on Fire types, then his Water Hidden Power.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

798. Posted:

[quote=BellGoRiiing][quote=JumpMad][quote=BellGoRiiing][quote=BellGoRiiing]

JumpMad wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

...Don't think I have any of those...but according to GameFaqs, that's for defense, so...yeah...guess Defense determines it then...ah well. I'll just stick with Electric for now, wish I could see the stats at 100.... sighs

Hidden Power is base on a Pokemon's Defense?

My Cofagrigus has a Defense of 203, and his Hidden Power (Water) is pretty weak.
Sometimes I'm better off using his Sadow Ball on Fire types, then his Water Hidden Power.

Talking about IVs here , actually. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

799. Posted:

Any good places to level grind before the Elite Four? My team is too strong for wild Pokemon in Victory Road to make a difference, but not strong enough to beat the Elite Four. Where can I go?

Oh, and is Zoroark considered a legendary? I don't like to use legends, and I have been using him since the start. I don't want to train a new Pokemon, but if he is I will have to.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TKOWL

800. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Any good places to level grind before the Elite Four? My team is too strong for wild Pokemon in Victory Road to make a difference, but not strong enough to beat the Elite Four. Where can I go?

Oh, and is Zoroark considered a legendary? I don't like to use legends, and I have been using him since the start. I don't want to train a new Pokemon, but if he is I will have to.

1. The only real place to train now is Victory Road, unfourtunatelly. Apply a Lucky Egg to a teammate helps with gaining EXP, though.
2. Zoroark is not legendary, he's basically the Lucario of this game. They're very strong, but not quite legendary.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL