Forums

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,311

RandomWiiPlayer

Dragoon Trainer wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Any good places to level grind before the Elite Four? My team is too strong for wild Pokemon in Victory Road to make a difference, but not strong enough to beat the Elite Four. Where can I go?

Oh, and is Zoroark considered a legendary? I don't like to use legends, and I have been using him since the start. I don't want to train a new Pokemon, but if he is I will have to.

1. The only real place to train now is Victory Road, unfourtunatelly. Apply a Lucky Egg to a teammate helps with gaining EXP, though.
2. Zoroark is not legendary, he's basically the Lucario of this game. They're very strong, but not quite legendary.

Thanks. I didn't think he was a legend, but just wanted to be sure. I have been using the lucky egg since I got it, and it has been helping a lot.
My team:
Druddigon lvl 48
Darmanitan lvl 51
Samurott lvl 47
Zebstrika lvl 44
Zoroark lvl 43
Rufflet lvl 39.

It's obvious I have a lot of training to do. I'm considering holding off the Elite Four to train replacements for Samurott and Zebstrika. Samurott is pretty good but has a crap moveset, and Zebstrika is just bad all around. I will definitely need Zoroark for the Elite Four, since there are both Psychic and Ghost members.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

LordJumpMad

Do you guys think this is real?
Untitled

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

jaffa

I was wondering......are there shiny Pokemon in this game?
I want to know

jaffa

komicturtle

JafriYakin wrote:

I want to know

Si.
It's just they only appear when grass are rustling. You will know it's shiny if the grass sparkles.

Oh, and I'm not entirely sure if it's ONLY when grass rustle and shine when they appear.

komicturtle

TeeJay

Every pokemon game has a shiny for every pokemon. That shouldn't even be a question. o_O

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Digiki

Tj92 wrote:

Every pokemon game has a shiny for every pokemon. That shouldn't even be a question. o_O

Wrongo! For most people who don't spend their time looking into all things Pokemon, they wouldn't know of shiny Pokemon since they are so rare...
Also there were not any shiny Pokemon before the second generation, sorry but your pride has caused you to stumble!

TeeJay

Digiki wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

Wrongo! For most people who don't spend their time looking into all things Pokemon, they wouldn't know of shiny Pokemon since they are so rare...
Also there were not any shiny Pokemon before the second generation, sorry but your pride has caused you to stumble!

Blah.

I should have been more specific. I meant it's common knowledge that if there were shinies in the last few pokemon games, there will be shinies in this one.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

zezhyrule

Well they did take some things out of B/W they had in previous games. Also, of course shinies were introduced in G/S, so they weren't in R/B/Y.

And any random encounter has a 1/8000 something chance everytime to be a shiny right? unless they changed something. It's just the whole chain thing increases the chance.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

komicturtle

zezhyrule wrote:

Well they did take some things out of B/W they had in previous games. Also, of course shinies were introduced in G/S, so they weren't in R/B/Y.

And any random encounter has a 1/8000 something chance everytime to be a shiny right? unless they changed something. It's just the whole chain thing increases the chance.

There is a glitch where you can get a shiny Pokemon from Red/Blue version. It had something to do with Ditto. You could not tell if it was shiny or not until you traded over to GSC. Red Gyrados was also involved...

komicturtle

Rensch

WhoKnew wrote:

Question from a Poke noob.

I have a firestone, waterstone, leafstone, shinystone, moonstone, and a sunstone. Which Generation V Pokemon can I use each on?

Fire Stone evolves Pansear
Leaf Stone evolves Pansage
Water Stone evolves Panpour
Dusk Stone evolves Lampent
Shiny Stone evolves Minccinno
Thunder Stone evolves Eelektrik
Sun Stone evolves Petilil and Cottonee
Moon Stone evolves Munna
Dawn Stone is the only one that isn't used on any new Pokémon

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Yasume

JumpMad wrote:

Yasume wrote:

JumpMad wrote:

Yasume wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Man chargestone cave is a pain. Random encounter every 2 steps I swear. Well at least I caught a tynano. I'm pretty behind on black.

Repels!

Where exactly in the cave did you catch that Tynamo? I can't find it. * _ *

In the Chargestone cave last floor.
Their not easy to run into, they are rare to find.
and if you need any help, I can just give you one.

Sure, I'll take one. What do you want for it? I'm currently working on Zorua and I can give you a Timid male Zorua with 29/28/31 IVs in HP, Special Attack and Speed if you want. It might be good for competitive battles. I can also give you any starter or a Phione egg for it.

The Zorua sound great.
I have a freshy hatch Tynamo, my FC is down their.

Allright, I can make a trade around 9 in the evening, which will be 3PM for you if you are American.

FC: 5243 - 1101 - 9318

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

Highwinter

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Any good places to level grind before the Elite Four? My team is too strong for wild Pokemon in Victory Road to make a difference, but not strong enough to beat the Elite Four. Where can I go?

Oh, and is Zoroark considered a legendary? I don't like to use legends, and I have been using him since the start. I don't want to train a new Pokemon, but if he is I will have to.

If your Pokemon are in their mid-40's, you should be good to go. The Elite Four in this game is very easy the first time round and really shouldn't give you any trouble. If you somehow aren't a high enough level, the best option would be to just fight them anyway and take the experience you get from losing.

And no, Zoroark isn't a legendary.

komicturtle92 wrote:

JafriYakin wrote:

I want to know

Si.
It's just they only appear when grass are rustling. You will know it's shiny if the grass sparkles.

Oh, and I'm not entirely sure if it's ONLY when grass rustle and shine when they appear.

It's completely random, the grass doesn't sparkle or anything like that. I got a shiny Scraggy from a normal patch of grass.
Breeding one of your Pokemon with one you've traded for from a foreign country is the only way to increase the chances of finding one.

Edited on by Highwinter

Highwinter

SquirtleizGOD

The first time i walked into the forest in the original Gold Version i saw a Golden Oddish. 0_o

SquirtleizGOD

komicturtle

Highwinter wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

If your Pokemon are in their mid-40's, you should be good to go. The Elite Four in this game is very easy the first time round and really shouldn't give you any trouble. If you somehow aren't a high enough level, the best option would be to just fight them anyway and take the experience you get from losing.

And no, Zoroark isn't a legendary.

komicturtle92 wrote:

JafriYakin wrote:

I want to know

Si.

It's completely random, the grass doesn't sparkle or anything like that. I got a shiny Scraggy from a normal patch of grass.
Breeding one of your Pokemon with one you've traded for from a foreign country is the only way to increase the chances of finding one.

I've seen a video of it and it's even confirmed in game by a lady in Nimbasa City. Guess it's not ONLY when the grass rustles and glows.

komicturtle

LordJumpMad

Yasume wrote:

JumpMad wrote:

Yasume wrote:

JumpMad wrote:

Yasume wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Man chargestone cave is a pain. Random encounter every 2 steps I swear. Well at least I caught a tynano. I'm pretty behind on black.

Repels!

Where exactly in the cave did you catch that Tynamo? I can't find it. * _ *

In the Chargestone cave last floor.
Their not easy to run into, they are rare to find.
and if you need any help, I can just give you one.

Sure, I'll take one. What do you want for it? I'm currently working on Zorua and I can give you a Timid male Zorua with 29/28/31 IVs in HP, Special Attack and Speed if you want. It might be good for competitive battles. I can also give you any starter or a Phione egg for it.

The Zorua sound great.
I have a freshy hatch Tynamo, my FC is down their.

Allright, I can make a trade around 9 in the evening, which will be 3PM for you if you are American.

FC: 5243 - 1101 - 9318

That's good with me, I'll be home at 2PM
and if you have any more request, just let me know.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Ark

I had a very touching experience today. I went on the GTS attempting to get a Japanese Ditto, since it increases the likelihood of obtaining a shiny Pokemon through breeding. The guy was offering a Ditto for a Ditto, so I jumped on board right away (you don't find deals like that easily on the GTS, it's all Zekrom level 9 and under). Attached to the Ditto was mail. I opened it up and here's what it said:
Untitled
My heart sank for a moment, but now I realize that I too can be a "HERO" and lend a "HELPING HAND".to Japan.

Edited on by Ark

LordJumpMad

@Scypher
That's truly is thouching.
I did what I can to help as well, this Story should be posted in more blogs.

qsdsd

any one want to battle?

qsdsd

Rensch

Wow Scypher, that is truly amazing!

BTW: I've caught all pokémon in the Unova Pokédex!!! Took me less than two weeks. Kneel before me puny poké-mortals, KNEEL!

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.