Forums

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,311

LordJumpMad

Yasume wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Man chargestone cave is a pain. Random encounter every 2 steps I swear. Well at least I caught a tynano. I'm pretty behind on black.

Repels!

Where exactly in the cave did you catch that Tynamo? I can't find it. * _ *

In the Chargestone cave last floor.
Their not easy to run into, they are rare to find.
and if you need any help, I can just give you one.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

turtlelink

BellGoRiiing wrote:

JumpMad wrote:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

...before I EV train this thing, what's the best HP type for Shelmet? I have, Ghost, Electric, and Dragon.

Electric sounds good, for getting rid of those flying types.

I've been thinking the same thing...but Ghost is ok too...I just hope the power is good.
...What exactly does it look for in IVs when determining HP's power?...

I'd look for "Can take hits" or something similar to that.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Yasume

JumpMad wrote:

Yasume wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Man chargestone cave is a pain. Random encounter every 2 steps I swear. Well at least I caught a tynano. I'm pretty behind on black.

Repels!

Sure, I'll take one. What do you want for it? I'm currently working on Zorua and I can give you a Timid male Zorua with 29/28/31 IVs in HP, Special Attack and Speed if you want. It might be good for competitive battles. I can also give you any starter or a Phione egg for it.

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

TKOWL

I was strollin' in the dark grass on Route 14, when, I went into a wild encounter with a Shuckle.
But this was no ordinary Shuckle, because it had a blue shell. I heard gaming's most-loved sound effect (the shining shwing), and I screamed OH MY GOD A SHINY SHUCKLE!
I Master Balled that s*** and that was that

My luck streak continued today. I caught Volcarona with only one Net Ball and beat Cynthia's Spiritomb without taking much damage.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Rensch

I've not seen one since that green Bronzong I once caught in Platinum. (If you don count the Red Gyarados in HG/SS)

Incidentally, have you guys wondered how the hell you're supposed to evolve Feebas into the mighty Milotic without the Beauty thing being available in this game? While you could just bring over a feebas with maxed out beauty from Sinnoh games and level it up in Black or White, there actually is another, much more simple way to get Feebas to evolve into Milotic within these games. If you equip feebas with the Prism Scale and then trade it, it will evolve as well. Feebas is therefor the first and only pokémon with two evolution methods resulting in the same evolution form.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Yasume

Rensch wrote:

I've not seen one since that green Bronzong I once caught in Platinum. (If you don count the Red Gyarados in HG/SS)

Incidentally, have you guys wondered how the hell you're supposed to evolve Feebas into the mighty Milotic without the Beauty thing being available in this game? While you could just bring over a feebas with maxed out beauty from Sinnoh games and level it up in Black or White, there actually is another, much more simple way to get Feebas to evolve into Milotic within these games. If you equip feebas with the Prism Scale and then trade it, it will evolve as well. Feebas is therefor the first and only pokémon with two evolution methods resulting in the same evolution form.

Well they needed to change it, because Milotic would have been the most rare Pokémon ever otherwise. Not only do not all gamers own Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald or a second DS, but a Feebas is also insanely difficult to catch in that generation.

About shinies, I used to be a shiny hunter in Pearl. I caught 38 shinies by using the PokéRadar. I wish they returned that feature, I loved doing it. I traded most of them away, but I still have a Machop, Flaaffy, Dunsparce, Bidoof (yeah, I chained Bidoof) and Stantler. Probably some more, but I have to check my Pearl game. I don't know what to do with them, so I could trade some of you a few. They are all untouched and some of them have decent natures.

Your best bet would be hatching eggs if you want to collect shinies in this generation. They actually made the Masuda Method (Foreign father/mother + random Pokémon) better by increasing the odds to 6/8192 or 1/1365 in comparison to the 4/8192 of Gen IV.

Edited on by Yasume

TeeJay

WhoKnew wrote:

Question from a Poke noob.

I have a firestone, waterstone, leafstone, shinystone, moonstone, and a sunstone. Which Generation V Pokemon can I use each on?

I don't have the game yet, but I do know that the Firestone, Waterstone, and the Leafstone can be used on the elemental monkeys.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

ELI-ASH

JumpMad wrote:

Yasume wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Repels!

I came across 5 of them. They were quite common for me maybe its a version thing??

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Yasume

WhoKnew wrote:

I have a firestone, waterstone, leafstone, shinystone, moonstone, and a sunstone. Which Generation V Pokemon can I use each on?

Shiny Stone works on Minccino, Moon Stone on Munna and Sun Stone on Petilil and Cottonee. I might be forgetting a few.

LordJumpMad

Yasume wrote:

JumpMad wrote:

Yasume wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Repels!

Sure, I'll take one. What do you want for it? I'm currently working on Zorua and I can give you a Timid male Zorua with 29/28/31 IVs in HP, Special Attack and Speed if you want. It might be good for competitive battles. I can also give you any starter or a Phione egg for it.

The Zorua sound great.
I have a freshy hatch Tynamo, my FC is down their.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

turtlelink

Yasume wrote:

WhoKnew wrote:

Shiny Stone works on Minccino, Moon Stone on Munna and Sun Stone on Petilil and Cottonee. I might be forgetting a few.

I wonder what Minccino evolves into!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

IAmNotWill

Yasume wrote:

WhoKnew wrote:

Thanks! I used a shinystone on a Minccino already and I found another. Do you know another Pokemon?

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

Joeynator3000

turtlelink wrote:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

JumpMad wrote:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

...before I EV train this thing, what's the best HP type for Shelmet? I have, Ghost, Electric, and Dragon.

Electric sounds good, for getting rid of those flying types.

I've been thinking the same thing...but Ghost is ok too...I just hope the power is good.
...What exactly does it look for in IVs when determining HP's power?...

I'd look for "Can take hits" or something similar to that.

...Don't think I have any of those...but according to GameFaqs, that's for defense, so...yeah...guess Defense determines it then...ah well. I'll just stick with Electric for now, wish I could see the stats at 100.... sighs

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LordJumpMad

[quote=turtlelink][quote=BellGoRiiing][quote=JumpMad][quote=BellGoRiiing]

BellGoRiiing wrote:

...Don't think I have any of those...but according to GameFaqs, that's for defense, so...yeah...guess Defense determines it then...ah well. I'll just stick with Electric for now, wish I could see the stats at 100.... sighs

Hidden Power is base on a Pokemon's Defense?

My Cofagrigus has a Defense of 203, and his Hidden Power (Water) is pretty weak.
Sometimes I'm better off using his Sadow Ball on Fire types, then his Water Hidden Power.

Joeynator3000

[quote=BellGoRiiing][quote=JumpMad][quote=BellGoRiiing][quote=BellGoRiiing]

JumpMad wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Hidden Power is base on a Pokemon's Defense?

My Cofagrigus has a Defense of 203, and his Hidden Power (Water) is pretty weak.
Sometimes I'm better off using his Sadow Ball on Fire types, then his Water Hidden Power.

Talking about IVs here , actually. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

RandomWiiPlayer

Any good places to level grind before the Elite Four? My team is too strong for wild Pokemon in Victory Road to make a difference, but not strong enough to beat the Elite Four. Where can I go?

Oh, and is Zoroark considered a legendary? I don't like to use legends, and I have been using him since the start. I don't want to train a new Pokemon, but if he is I will have to.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

TKOWL

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Any good places to level grind before the Elite Four? My team is too strong for wild Pokemon in Victory Road to make a difference, but not strong enough to beat the Elite Four. Where can I go?

Oh, and is Zoroark considered a legendary? I don't like to use legends, and I have been using him since the start. I don't want to train a new Pokemon, but if he is I will have to.

1. The only real place to train now is Victory Road, unfourtunatelly. Apply a Lucky Egg to a teammate helps with gaining EXP, though.
2. Zoroark is not legendary, he's basically the Lucario of this game. They're very strong, but not quite legendary.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.