DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Showing 481 to 500 of 1,380

AuthorMessage

Issun

481. Posted:

And less than 3 for us :p
Maybe my store will release it in advance, I hope :)

Waffle !

AuthorMessage

Rensch

482. Posted:

They only had the Japanese version in my local game store so it's not there yet.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

Issun

483. Posted:

Woohoo got it ! Played an hour and so far so good, it's really awesome ! And already got 4 killer pokemon. Goodbye social life !

Waffle !

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

484. Posted:

...So, lemme ask this...what exactly do you do once you defeat the E4 and all that?...I've heard you can't re-battle Gym Leaders, and there's no Frontier...(WTF?!)
And fighting he E4 all the time would get tiresome...

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Rob_mc_1

485. Posted:

Untitled

I guess this means the only correct answer is to get both or neither.

♠♦♣

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

486. Posted:

Wow. You just can't win. Unless you're mixed like me! Then you can pick any! :)

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

Highwinter

487. Posted:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

...So, lemme ask this...what exactly do you do once you defeat the E4 and all that?...I've heard you can't re-battle Gym Leaders, and there's no Frontier...(WTF?!)

Was the battle frontier ever fun? Until Nintendo can make some A.I. that can be challenging without just blatantly cheating, I don't see the point of the BF.

I'm not too far into the game yet, but I'm really enjoying it so far. It's the fresh take on the series that Ruby & Sapphire half-heartedly attempted to be and it's much more well paced than Diamond & Pearl were. Some of the new Pokemon designs are.. odd, but I've felt the same about most of the previous games and I'm sure I'll warm up to them. At the very least, there seems to be a much wider variety available right from the start, unlike D&P, which seem to throw the same 4-5 Pokemon at you for most of the game.

Highwinter

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

488. Posted:

Highwinter wrote:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Was the battle frontier ever fun? Until Nintendo can make some A.I. that can be challenging without just blatantly cheating, I don't see the point of the BF.

I'm not too far into the game yet, but I'm really enjoying it so far. It's the fresh take on the series that Ruby & Sapphire half-heartedly attempted to be and it's much more well paced than Diamond & Pearl were. Some of the new Pokemon designs are.. odd, but I've felt the same about most of the previous games and I'm sure I'll warm up to them. At the very least, there seems to be a much wider variety available right from the start, unlike D&P, which seem to throw the same 4-5 Pokemon at you for most of the game.

They could fix that though...I like it for the most part but they do start cheating like, after you defeat the Brain.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

Knux

489. Posted:

Only a few more days until I get Pokemon White. I can't wait! :D

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Issun

490. Posted:

Played it for 4 hours, 2 badges. I can already say it's a really good episode. The difficulty has ramped up quite significantly, which is fine by me, because playing with SoulSilver at the same time, I'm breezing through it. In white, the battles are much longer and more intense (the animations + the music make it awesome). All the 14 first Pokemon I met were gorgeous, but now I found a few that are quite odd, even ugly (but that's just me). There is absolutely no need to hesitate, you can dive right in, you'll be satisfied.

Waffle !

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

491. Posted:

Issun wrote:

Played it for 4 hours, 2 badges. I can already say it's a really good episode. The difficulty has ramped up quite significantly, which is fine by me, because playing with SoulSilver at the same time, I'm breezing through it. In white, the battles are much longer and more intense (the animations + the music make it awesome). All the 14 first Pokemon I met were gorgeous, but now I found a few that are quite odd, even ugly (but that's just me). There is absolutely no need to hesitate, you can dive right in, you'll be satisfied.

....Harder? lol
Ah well, I like challenge...maybe its just because the game makes you work with the new Pokes in the beginning, dunno...

AuthorMessage

Issun

492. Posted:

I think it's mostly due to the ennemy being a bit overpowered, but at least you really have to use a bit more strategy to win (unlike soulSilver, where you just use the ultimate attack that one-shots the ennemy).
SPOILERS!
I just arrived to the town : Stars in ma eyes ! I can't believe how going there felt actually epic !

Waffle !

AuthorMessage

Highwinter

493. Posted:

Well, I don't think I'm far enough in to really judge the difficulty (just got my 3rd badge) but I actually think this one is considerably easier than the past few games. Before you fight the first gym leader, an NPC gives you one of the monkeys, which is super effective against them. Similarly, before the second, you're told you should get a fighting Pokemon and where they can very easily be captured. (The third gym leader uses bugs and puts up almost no fight at all)

But like I said, it does seem to be trying to be more accessible for newcomers, so perhaps things will ramp up a bit as you progress.. They do seem to be a using a bit more strategy, so perhaps the only problem is with them throwing type advantages at you.

I definitely agree about the epic feeling of everything, the over all production feels much higher quality than the previous games and I like that all the gym leaders play some part in the story, it makes fighting them a bit more meaningful.

Highwinter

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

494. Posted:

I really hope they spice up the strategy,
Sometimes, having the Type advantages , may not always win you the fight.

That what I like about in The Battle Tower, you'll learn alot of strategy that way.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

BlueC

495. Posted:

I got Pokemon Black in the mail earlier today (3. March)! So far it´s my second favorite pokemon game, after Emerald.

Edited on by BlueC

Hallo :)

AuthorMessage

Rensch

496. Posted:

It's finally here people! And our american friends can expect it the coming week as well. Surely a lot better than in Japanese. I finally understand just what is going on.

AuthorMessage

Issun

497. Posted:

Victini is now available for us to capture, and man is he getting on my nerves ! Even with 1 HP left and sleeping, the HyperBall doesn't even nod, he's already out. Anybody got a hold of him yet ?

Waffle !

AuthorMessage

Rensch

498. Posted:

Victini is rather hard to capture. I'm gonna refrain from capturing him until i get access to the Ultra Ball for that very reason. Several video game and electronics chains troughout Europe are also giving it away this weekend for download. If you live near one of those, you might wanna get it there instead.

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

499. Posted:

You guys, already got it?

It won't be in the USA untill The 6th

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

500. Posted:

Hey guys, when you get into it, let me know how it is to explore the city. I find that interesting.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~