DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Showing 441 to 460 of 1,380

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

441. Posted:

Wow, I just looked at the New Pokemon.
alot of them look well done, and others look like something I would eat.....
But My New Fav pokemon has to be Maggyo , it the New Dunsparce

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Ridley

442. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

We need a Bug/Psychic, Poison/Ice, and more Ice type.
and also Bird/??? type :P

Bah, I want Missingno made official as a Ghost/Electric type, "Pokédex Gremlin" species.

Ridley

AuthorMessage

Rensch

443. Posted:

More names from that leaked list on Pokébeach.com confirmed. It's safe to say that it is 99% likely to be accurate.

While I must agree that there's some weird stuff in there (a gear pokémon, seriously?) it still is a rather interesting batch of Pokémon and they've been a bit more creative than in Diamond/Pearl. Some of my personal favourites:

Eelektross
Electric-type
You'd think that this pokémon, being a fish, would be a Water/Electric type, but actually it is a pure Electric type. And this works to its advantage greatly, because it also has the Levitate ability, avoiding its only weakness: Ground. This means it has no weakness at all, unless you can use the Gravity move against it and then strike with something like Earthquake. This makes it one of the most useful Electric types.

Pidove
Normal/Flying-type
This game's Pidgey and main Normal/Flying-type Pokémon. This little pidgeon Pokémon is one of those that many are gonna use. It doesn't evolve into such a powerhouse as Staraptor, but the male version of its final form looks really cool.

Blitzle
Electric-type
You know Zebras are cool, and you also know they would make for cool Pokémon.

Darmanitan
Fire-type
This ape Pokémon resembles a Japanese dharma doll. In fact, you can find special Darmanitan in the Resort Desert, that disguise themselves as dharma dolls. Using their Dharma Mode ability, an ability that regular Darmanitan do not have, these Darmanitan transform into dharma dolls if their HP drops below 50%. When that happens, they will become Fire-Psychic-type. This can make fighting such a Darmanitan a totally new experience. And that determined look on this guy's face makes him look just awesome.

Seismitoad
Water/Ground-type
As many Pokémon fans know, as long as you keep a Water/Ground-type away from Grass-type moves, it is a reliable combo that avoids damage from Electric-type attacks. Despite being a big, ugly toad, this is a great amphibious Pokémon in the tradition of Pokémon such as Poliwrath and Mudkip.

Sandile
Ground/Dark-type
This crocodile Pokémon is the first ever to combine the Dark- and Ground-types. It can evolve further into even cooler and meaner-looking Pokémon. I don't know why, but somehow this guy just looks cool with those stripes on his back.

Cofagrigus
Ghost-type
While some may argue that a mummy Pokémon in a sarcophagus is rather far-fetched, but there is one thing that keeps me fascinated with this guy: those four ghostly arms creeping in and out of that Egyptain coffin. And then there's those creepy red eyes and that Gengar-ish grin hiding behind that mummy mask that just make him look nasty and mean.

Archen
Rock/Flying-type
If Aerodactyl is the ancestor of bird Pokémon than Archen is at least the first ACTUAL bird Pokémon. This archeopteryx Pokémon is one of the few Rock/Flying types. While that does give it a lot of weaknesses, it's also very fast and can hit hard, much like Aerodactyl. Much like that Pokémon you get it by reviving it from a fossil.

Tirtouga
Rock/Water-type
This sea turtle is revived from a fossil. Unlike it's Kanto-based cousin Squirtle, it has flippers instead of forelegs. To me, he look a bit more dignified, though. Just remember to keep this guy away from Grass-types.

Sewaddle
Bug/Grass-type
While Caterpie, Weedle and Wurmple evolved into their final forms quickly, they didn't end up becoming the most powerful Bug-types. Their Unova counterpart, Sewaddle, takes evolving to its third form a bit more slowly, but is also much more reliable. It will eventually be able to use great techniques such as Leaf Blade. That's something completely different than just String Shot, Poison Sting and Tackle, and it also looks much cooler and much cuter than the older caterpillars. Just keep it away from Flying-type and Fire-type attacks at all cost!

Zoroark
Dark-type
One of the first new Pokémon to be revealed last year. Its illusion ability makes for some interesting strategy because it allows Zoroark to disguise itself as another Pokémon at the start of a fight. Once it reveals itself, though, it looks cool and mean, kind of like a cross between a Sneasel and a Ninetales with lots of win. It's gonna be hard to get though, as it is one of those Pokémon only available via special events.

Deerling
Normal/Grass-type
This is like Bambi turned into a Pokémon. Make sure you check it out during different times of the year. Each season gives it a different appearance. Also, Normal/Grass is something we've not seen before.

Snivy
Grass-type
Despite being a slightly traditional, reptilious Grass-type starter, this little snake dude had a look on its face that quickly earned it its fanmade nickname; "Smugleaf". Able to evolve into some pretty rad Pokémon, your main concern would be picking the right moves for it so it can compensate for the Grass-type's many weaknesses.

Tepig
Fire-type
This happy-looking pig is just lovable. It is the Fire-type starter and it will eventually evolve in something that can probably best be described as a flaming version of Ganon from Zelda. If you don't know what to think about that, trust me, it looks neat.

Oshawott
Water-type
This little otter is the Water-type starter. It looks rather depressed but it can learn a variety of very solid Water-type moves. A signature move is a Water-type attack whereby Oshawott throws the shell he always carries around like a ninja star to slice into its opponents.

Emolga
Electric/Flying-type
Emolga is a flying squirrel and thus has a typing that negates the Ground-type's advantage over the Electric-type. Instead, try Rock- or Fire-type moves. Imagine a Pikachu with wings and you know that this is one of the cutest and most awesome-looking new creatures in Black/White.

Klink
Steel-type
When you first see Klink you're like.......WTF?!?!? A gear Pokémon. Or actually two gears spinning against each other. And are those dots supposed to be its eyes? I'm not sure. At least with Magnemite you could see what and where his eye was. Still, Klink intrigues me so much I have to put him on this list. It's Gear Saucer move is actually pretty solid and it can evolve into bigger, more complex........contraptions????

Stoutland
Normal-type
A solid canine Pokémon. That moustache just demands respect! Stoutland is great against one of the later bosses in the game who uses Ghost-types. Ghost-type moves don't damage Normal-types and Stoutland can learn the Dark-type move Crunch, which is great against ghosts.

Litwick
Ghost/Fire-type
A living candle makes for a Ghost/Fire-type Pokémon. That may sound weird but it will become a very strong Pokémon as it evolves further.

Braviary
Normal/Flying-type
This majestic eagle Pokémon is probably the most awesome-looking bird Pokémon ever. I haven't caught it yet, so I can't confirm if it is as powerful as Staraptor or Togekiss. Appears in White.

Mandibuzz
Dark/Flying-type
This Vulture Pokémon has a cool sort of tribal vibe to it, with that bone on its head. Appears in Black.

Volcarona
Bug/Fire-type
A powerful moth Pokémon with a cool type combo that you can only find in the wild after solving a certain dungeon puzzle. You could also try to evolve it's larval form. However, this takes lots of levelling that will perhaps not be worth the effort, unless you intent to get the perfect Volcarona for multiplayer battles with friends. Something tells me this will be a popular Pokémon in the multiplayer scene.

Reshiram
Dragon/Fire-type
The legendary mascot of Black. Its tail generates heat that will allow for a very powerful Fire-type attack. You will have to capture this guy near the end of Black.

Zekrom
Dragon/Electric-type
This is Reshiram's opponent and the legendary Pokémon you find in White. Zekrom generates electricity with the generator in its tail to execute truly powerful Electric-type moves.

Pansage, Pansear and Panpour
Grass-type, Fire-type and Water-type
These are the three elemental monkeys. They play an important role in the first Gym. The one strong against your starter will be the one you will face in the Gym Leader's team. Perhaps trying to get your hands on the one out of these three that is strong against the one the Gym Leader has, is not such a bad idea.....

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

444. Posted:

As long I can still use my Magikarp, it all good.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

Z_Bone

445. Posted:

I went all this time not caring about this game in the slightest. Now in the last week, I MUST HAVE IT! March 6 can't come soon enough. These Pokemon look a lot better than the last generation.

Edited on by Z_Bone

Do the Mario!

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

446. Posted:

According to the Cartoon Network site's ad for the Black and White anime, Iris will keep her name. Dento, however, has been renamed Cilan.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

Robo-goose

447. Posted:

Out of all the new Pokemon from Gen V, none of them scare me more than Dasutodasu does. Seriously, that trash monster is what makes kids afraid of the dark.

Edited on by Robo-goose

"I'm a heartbreaker...
My name... Charles." -The Greatest Man In Driftveil City

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

448. Posted:

Once you get used to the new Pokemon, you start to take a liking to them.
Anyways, I think I've made my desicion on which game to get: White. It has Reuniclus, Braviarlly, plus White Forest, which contains a bunch of awesome Pokemon.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

Z_Bone

449. Posted:

I guess I'm in the minority here in wanting Black. I do think White has the superior exclusive Pokemon and White Forest sounds cool, but Black City could also be cool. You can probably get exclusive Items there. Mainly I just like Reshiram a lot more than Zekrom. Hopefully I can get one of my friends to get White version, because Braviary is awesome, but as long as I get Oshawott and Sandile, I'm happy.

Do the Mario!

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

450. Posted:

Z.Bone wrote:

You can probably get exclusive Items there.

I'm sure they would try to keep the game balanced as much as possible - they're not going to put some rare exclusive items in only one of the games.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Rensch

451. Posted:

Z.Bone wrote:

I guess I'm in the minority here in wanting Black. I do think White has the superior exclusive Pokemon and White Forest sounds cool, but Black City could also be cool. You can probably get exclusive Items there. Mainly I just like Reshiram a lot more than Zekrom. Hopefully I can get one of my friends to get White version, because Braviary is awesome, but as long as I get Oshawott and Sandile, I'm happy.

Indeed, Black City has lots of rare items you can't get so easily in White, whereas White Forest allows you to have a lot more Pokémon available in one game card than in Black without trading. I'm going with White because of that. And I like Zekrom and Braviary a lot.

zezhyrule wrote:

I'm sure they would try to keep the game balanced as much as possible - they're not going to put some rare exclusive items in only one of the games.

Actually they do. Black city for exclusive items and White Forest fot exclusive Pokémon. The Unova Pokédex is still balanced out, though.

Edited on by Rensch

AuthorMessage

Oscarsome

452. Posted:

So, have most of you reserved your guys' copy?

I am not sure if I should reserve it or not. I'm gonna most likely be getting it on day one. But then again, I'm not even sure which version I want more. Doesn't Black City have more trainers just there for you to battle daily? If so, I have always needed some extra strong trainers to battle after I beat the main game to level up my Pokemon.

Is this a signature?

Nintendo Network ID: Oscarsome

AuthorMessage

Rensch

453. Posted:

Black City has some strong trainers indeed. I don't know about White Forest.

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

454. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

So Black City,and White Forest are not in one game?

Hard to choose, do you want Rare items or More Pokemon? or is there more to them?

University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

Rensch

455. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Rensch wrote:

So Black City,and White Forest are not in one game?

Hard to choose, do you want Rare items or More Pokemon? or is there more to them?

That's basically the idea, yes.

Besides this, there is also a town that has a different appearance in each version. In Black, the buildings looks modern and futuristic while in White, they look old and picturesque. There's also a different Gym Leader in that town. The Gym and used Pokémon are identical in both versions, though.

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

456. Posted:

Man, I can't wait for B&W to come out!
I already know which monsters I want on my team.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

mowmi

457. Posted:

Is it possible to transfer pokemon from Pokemon Diamon to Pokemon White with only 1 DSi or do you need 2?

mowmi

AuthorMessage

Mizore

458. Posted:

mowmi wrote:

Is it possible to transfer pokemon from Pokemon Diamon to Pokemon White with only 1 DSi or do you need 2?

You need 2....unless you can find a friend or some person on the internet you can trust, lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Rensch

459. Posted:

Unfortunately, you need two DS systems. With the DS and DS Lite you had two slots, one for DS and one for GBA, allowing for compatability with older games. In Black/White you have a similar feature of sending your Pokémon from 4th generation games to 5th generation games. Since both generations are DS cards, however, you need two DS systems.

Technically, you can bring over Pokémon from games as early as Ruby and Sapphire. By sending over Pokémon form your 3rd generation game to your 4th generation game and then from your 4th generation game to your 5th generation game, you can still keep playing with Pokémon you might have caught years ago.

AuthorMessage

Mizore

460. Posted:

Wish they had some...online storage thing, I dunno, lol.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".