Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Showing 401 to 420 of 1,375

AuthorMessage

Robo-goose

401. Posted:

pikmaniac02 wrote:

Rensch wrote:

blah blah blah unlimited TM's blah

that's awesome about the unlimited TM's, but now that they are both unlimited, what's the difference between them? :P

You need the Move Deleter to get rid of HM's.

Edited on by Robo-goose

"I'm a heartbreaker...
My name... Charles." -The Greatest Man In Driftveil City

AuthorMessage

razor10000

402. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

Yay! And even before the US. I remember I already had the US version months before we got it when Diamond and Pearl came out.

Source:
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=22550

EDIT: For our friends down under, 10 March has been confirmed.

Good. I'm from the country down under.

I'll kill you all with my CAP GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
GoldenEye 007: 2801-9617-6853

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

403. Posted:

there is a setback to the TMs being unlimited use...the powerful Thunder, Fire Blast and Blizzard are now 70,000 each

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

404. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

blah blah blah unlimited TM's blah

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

mnoah

405. Posted:

I am depresed i cant get black or white until its released in canada (a.k.a march 6th 2011)
boo hoo boo hoo boo hoo

Hi,i like:
pokemon games
fossil fighters
pop island paper field
I'm glad to meet you:):P;)

AuthorMessage

Robo-goose

406. Posted:

Whoa, a new face. Welcome to NLife mnoah.

lz20XX wrote:

there is a setback to the TMs being unlimited use...the powerful Thunder, Fire Blast and Blizzard are now 70,000 each

Yeah, now we actually have to spend some of the 999,999 money points we've hoarded.

Edited on by Robo-goose

"I'm a heartbreaker...

AuthorMessage

Rensch

407. Posted:

pikmaniac02 wrote:

Rensch wrote:

LaytonAprentice wrote:

@Rensch So in your experience would you say its worth buying? Even though I don't like most of the new pokemon in this generation I still feel compelled to buy it.

When all is said and done, it still is a very solid and playable game. And after beating the main game, you can get the older ones anyway. I can still easily recommend it. I do hope they put in a little bit more effort next time, though. I'm curious what the 3DS will bring us for the Pokémon series.

BTW: Good news people, I have not noticed this myself yet, but I read that much like HM's, TM's can now be used over and over. That's a great addition. Now I can delete TM moves without the fear of ever regretting it.

that's awesome about the unlimited TM's, but now that they are both unlimited, what's the difference between them? :P

HM's are still the moves required to finish the main quest of the game, save for Dive, which is only used in a specific side-quest near the area where you can get it. That's kinda weird since Flash is still TM70 like in Diamond/Pearl and is also needed for a certain side-quest but is not an HM move.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

Rensch

408. Posted:

Legendary Dogs event via Wi-Fi in Europe next month. Transfer this shiny Raikou, Entei or Suicune from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver to Black/White to unlock Zoroark, a rare Dark-type Pokémon. Also coming to Europe: Celebi!

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

AuthorMessage

Pastry

409. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

Legendary Dogs event via Wi-Fi in Europe next month. Transfer this shiny Raikou, Entei or Suicune from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver to Black/White to unlock Zoroark, a rare Dark-type Pokémon. Also coming to Europe: Celebi!

I'm excited about Zoroark, but I'm wondering if you can breed them with a Ditto. My buddy missed out on one of the Gamestop Pokemon and I want to give him a Zoroark.

Edited on by Pastry

Here is My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

410. Posted:

pie4prez wrote:

Rensch wrote:

I'm excited about Zoroark, but I'm wondering if you can breed them with a Ditto. My buddy missed out on one of the Gamestop Pokemon and I want to give him a Zoroark.

Zoroark and Zoroa are not legendary pokemon, they're just rare pokemon you can get from events. They can breed with no problem.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

decision

411. Posted:

I am really going back and forth when it comes to if I should buy black/white or not. Many of the designs are pretty good, but when they give us designs such as an ice cone, mushroom with pokeball design, and a red/blue man with karate clothes on - then I am starting to look negatively on the 5. gen.

however, improved graphics, and still the same game overall. they should really just shape up when it comes to the designs, and remove the HM's and I would actually consider them nearly perfect games. I am actually glad they don't change the game drastically, as many other game designing companies do. Such as the new paper mario, which sucks compared to paper mario 64 and TYD. you know, be careful what you wish for =)

decision

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

412. Posted:

Still going to use my same old Pokes :)

But I'm always looking for something Stronger.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

413. Posted:

well, i heard some american helped designing some of the pokemon, to help the "american feeling" the game goes for, so if you think the new pokemon look bad, blame americans :D

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Rensch

414. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Still going to use my same old Pokes :)

Are you aware that none of the older Pokémon appear until you beat the main quest and get the National Pokédex? While some of the newer pokémon look kinda weird, I personally really like how Black/White puts the focus on the new ones this way. Off course you can always transfer your old Sinnoh and Johto teams over to Black/White if you really want to, but you will need to beat the main quest to do so as well.

AuthorMessage

Yasume

415. Posted:

To all people in Holland here (which probably aren't much), you can (and should) pre-order Black/White at ToysXL. They are going for only 37 euros, which will give you an 8 euros discount.

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

416. Posted:

I just wait for the price to drop heavy. The new Pokémon just don't do it for me.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

http://www.backloggery.com/sneaker

AuthorMessage

Rensch

417. Posted:

Yasume wrote:

To all people in Holland here (which probably aren't much), you can (and should) pre-order Black/White at ToysXL. They are going for only 37 euros, which will give you an 8 euros discount.

Really? Then I'll get it there.

In other news, we sum up the English names revealed over the past few months/weeks:

The grass snake starter, Tsutarja, is Snivy
The fire pig starter, Pokabu, is Tepig
The sea otter starter, Mijumaru, is Oshawott
The white dragon legendary is still called Reshiram
The black dragon legendary is still called Zekrom
The dream eater Pokémon retains its name; Munna
As does its evolved form; Musharna
The grass-type monkey, Yanappu, is Pansage
The fire-type monkey, Baoppu, is Pansear
The water-type monkey, Hiyappu, is Panpour
The rodent pokémon, Minezumi, is Patrat
The pigeon pokémon, Mamepato, is Pidove
The zebra pokémon, Shimama, is Blitzle
The rock-type, Gigaiath, is Gigalith
The bat pokémon, Koromori, is Woobat
The mole pokémon, Moguryu, is Drilbur
The crocodile pokémon, Meguroko, is Sandile
The gorilla pokémon, Hihidaruma, is Darmanitan
The sarcophagus pokémon, Desukan, is Cofagrigus
The fox pokémon retains its name; Zorua
As does its evolved form; Zoroark
The chinchilla pokémon, Chillarmy, is Minccino
The gothic pokémon, Gochiruzeru, is Gothitelle
The green gelly-looking pokémon, Rankurusu, is Reuniclus
The gear pokémon, Gear, is Klink
The dragon pokémon with the large tusks, Kibago, is Axew
The eagle pokémon, Wooguru, is Braviary

AuthorMessage

Yasume

418. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

Yasume wrote:

Really? Then I'll get it there.

Yep, but it could be temporary though, so you should probably not wait too long.

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage

Rensch

419. Posted:

More names officially revealed:

The fish pokémon; Mamanbou, is now Alomomola
The caterpillar pokémon; Kurumiru, is now Sewaddle
The mole pokémon and evolved form of Drilbur; Doryuuzu, is now Excadril

This pretty much confirms this list leaked a few days ago as it complies with all the names revealed in chunks in the days after it. It's not 100% confirmed but expect these to be the names of all the new Pokémon barring the event ones. We'll probably find those out around launch day; March 4th. Link:

http://pokebeach.com/

Edited on by Rensch

AuthorMessage

Robo-goose

420. Posted:

When the first few batches of GenV Pokemon were announced, I was very surprised to see that the heart-fish wasn't an evolution of luvdisc.
However, I wasn't surprised to see how worthless it is.

Edited on by Robo-goose

"I'm a heartbreaker...