DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Showing 381 to 400 of 1,375

AuthorMessage
Avatar

R-L-A-George

381. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

There's absolutely no new evolutions or pre-evolutions, I can assure you. All Pokémon in the Isshu Pokédex are new. I haven't even found a wild Pikachu yet. If Pokémon remind you of older ones, it's usually because of Nintendo's lack of creativity or the exact opposite.

I must admit that I first met that strange-looking flying thing near an ancient ruin in a desert. It's a Flying/Psychic Pokémon that doesn't evolve. You can find that crocodile dude in those ruins BTW.

Untitled Can't wait to get my own. Untitled Have one, so cute Untitled Untitled Still itching for these two cuties Untitled Already have one.

Pokemon Black: 2150 8208 3279 Soul Silver: 3094 9507 1275 Platinum: 0044 9189 6528

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter: R_L_A_G67252

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheBaconator

382. Posted:

I got a few questions for importers, because I was planning on doing the same.
1)How much English is in the game, or at least are all the attacks in English?
2)What website did you purchase it from? Was it play-asia.com or did you find a better deal elsewhere?
3)Can you use online functions outside of Japan.
4)How long is it compared to other Pokemon games and where would you rank it in the series?
I thank whomever gives me the answers to this. Mainly the English part. I don't want to be overloaded on Japanese.

Edited on by TheBaconator

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

R-L-A-George

383. Posted:

I have not gotten the japanese but when I did a search I only found this -> http://goo.gl/N1x3

Pokemon Black: 2150 8208 3279 Soul Silver: 3094 9507 1275 Platinum: 0044 9189 6528

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter: R_L_A_G67252

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rensch

384. Posted:

ballkirby1 wrote:

I got a few questions for importers, because I was planning on doing the same.
1)How much English is in the game, or at least are all the attacks in English?
2)What website did you purchase it from? Was it play-asia.com or did you find a better deal elsewhere?
3)Can you use online functions outside of Japan.
4)How long is it compared to other Pokemon games and where would you rank it in the series?
I thank whomever gives me the answers to this. Mainly the English part. I don't want to be overloaded on Japanese.

1. There's no English in there.
2. I don't really know, I usually get my imports from gameshops that sell imported games.
3. Yes. Haven't tried it though.
4. It's a bit short. There is still lots of replay as usual, but if you are looking for something as lengthy as Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver, you'll find it's a little bit shorter. I wouldn't say it's not a good game, but compared to the other Pokémon games, it falls a bit short. But as always: if you're a fan of the series, buy this game!

And one more extremely important thing for any importers: This game is DSi enhanced. This means that it DOES NOT WORK ON WESTERN DSi's!!! ONLY DS OR DS LITE!!!

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
Avatar

R-L-A-George

385. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

ballkirby1 wrote:

I got a few questions for importers, because I was planning on doing the same.
1)How much English is in the game, or at least are all the attacks in English?
2)What website did you purchase it from? Was it play-asia.com or did you find a better deal elsewhere?
3)Can you use online functions outside of Japan.
4)How long is it compared to other Pokemon games and where would you rank it in the series?
I thank whomever gives me the answers to this. Mainly the English part. I don't want to be overloaded on Japanese.

1. There's no English in there.
2. I don't really know, I usually get my imports from gameshops that sell imported games.
3. Yes. Haven't tried it though.
4. It's a bit short. There is still lots of replay as usual, but if you are looking for something as lengthy as Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver, you'll find it's a little bit shorter. I wouldn't say it's not a good game, but compared to the other Pokémon games, it falls a bit short. But as always: if you're a fan of the series, buy this game!

And one more extremely important thing for any importers: This game is DSi enhanced. This means that it DOES NOT WORK ON WESTERN DSi's!!! ONLY DS OR DS LITE!!!

I really wonder why they made the DSi everywhere else so limited. Some importers have a Japanese DSi. I heard some of the good games are regionally locked, why regionally lock something if you can make money from customers that import.

Pokemon Black: 2150 8208 3279 Soul Silver: 3094 9507 1275 Platinum: 0044 9189 6528

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter: R_L_A_G67252

AuthorMessage
Avatar

lockd

386. Posted:

Just beat the Sekka City Gym. So far the Electric type gym was the hardest.. To anyone else who has this game, do you know where to catch that Ground/Ghost Golem? Apparently it can learn fly so I want it :p

Love and Tolerance
Pokemon White FC: 4813 7276 6192
3DS FC: 4854 6468 0712
deviantART

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rensch

387. Posted:

In Dragon Spiral Tower. They're all over the place there. It's north of the town with the swamps, windmills and Ice Gym. You'll be forced to get through there anyway.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

388. Posted:

I figure that I should revive this topic since the North American release date for Pokemon Black and White was announced. I preordered Pokemon White at Gamestop yesterday and for some reason, I am looking forward to this game a lot despite my first negative reactions. It's being released during the same month as the 3DS, so I wonder if we will see any 3DS exclusive features or not?

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rensch

389. Posted:

Don't count on it as they are probably not in the Japanese version, unless they are undiscovered because there's no 3DS yet.

The game could have been so much cooler if it had been a 3DS game though.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
Avatar

noblo601

390. Posted:

@Rensch, don't worry I am sure that we won't have to wait too long before they bring out a grey version that is going to be enhanced for 3ds, or maybe even a full on new adventure which is in ways an expansion on black and white having those 8 gyms plus 8 new ones?

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RabidPikachu

391. Posted:

Jon Wahlgren wrote:

It's not like Pokemon has never been accused of racism before:

Untitled

The difference is that Jynx actually feeds in to old racial stereotypes in the US whereas Black and White are just shades. Nobody cared about Pokemon Red or Yellow having racist names either.

I agree the names could have been more creative, but I don't think it's remotely a racism issue.

In Japan when Jinx was created they created her not to look like a deformed black person, but a type of Japanese fasion style from back in the day where girls tanned alot and bleached their hair. There are tons of anime characters from this era that where made in this image such that one girl from Tenchi Muyo (in the anime shes just tanned but in the manga she is darkly shaded gray) that I can remember her name. Also note Julie from Bakugan whom also has bleached hair and dark skin.

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TKOWL

392. Posted:

I'm so stoked for this game. I don't care if it should've been on 3DS; the gameplay and graphic refinements look so well already.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rensch

393. Posted:

RabidPikachu wrote:

Jon+Wahlgren wrote:

It's not like Pokemon has never been accused of racism before:

Untitled

The difference is that Jynx actually feeds in to old racial stereotypes in the US whereas Black and White are just shades. Nobody cared about Pokemon Red or Yellow having racist names either.

I agree the names could have been more creative, but I don't think it's remotely a racism issue.

In Japan when Jinx was created they created her not to look like a deformed black person, but a type of Japanese fasion style from back in the day where girls tanned alot and bleached their hair. There are tons of anime characters from this era that where made in this image such that one girl from Tenchi Muyo (in the anime shes just tanned but in the manga she is darkly shaded gray) that I can remember her name. Also note Julie from Bakugan whom also has bleached hair and dark skin.

It's funny how Jynx is purple, much like it's unevolved form Smoochum in more recent Pokémon games and cartoons. :)

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

394. Posted:

All I care about, are the battlies
I want to see the new Move sets, and play style.

I don't really care what the New Pokemon look like, but how well they can fight.
Thats the only time they look good to me

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

395. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

RabidPikachu wrote:

Jon+Wahlgren wrote:

It's not like Pokemon has never been accused of racism before:

Untitled

The difference is that Jynx actually feeds in to old racial stereotypes in the US whereas Black and White are just shades. Nobody cared about Pokemon Red or Yellow having racist names either.

I agree the names could have been more creative, but I don't think it's remotely a racism issue.

In Japan when Jinx was created they created her not to look like a deformed black person, but a type of Japanese fasion style from back in the day where girls tanned alot and bleached their hair. There are tons of anime characters from this era that where made in this image such that one girl from Tenchi Muyo (in the anime shes just tanned but in the manga she is darkly shaded gray) that I can remember her name. Also note Julie from Bakugan whom also has bleached hair and dark skin.

It's funny how Jynx is purple, much like it's unevolved form Smoochum in more recent Pokémon games and cartoons. :)

Jynx used to be completely black faced back in the day. Nintendo had to /recolor/ her in every kind media after the racism problem started.

Actually there are a few more theories about jynx appearance, none of the can be confirmed, though.
She may be a Ganguro girl, like you mentioned. However, the ganguro fad got famous in japan only one year before the games got released, so it is kind of unlikely that the producers would want to include something pointless like a fad being so near to release the games...

you can read more about jynx supposed origins here, it is quite interesting.
http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/bashing/racist_jynx_01.html

I think the mexican steriotyped pokemon are cute too

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rensch

396. Posted:

I still have the old Black Jynx picture in an old walkthrough for Red and Blue.

BTW, did you know some also considered Jynx to be a drag queen?

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

397. Posted:

thankfully, with the release of gold and silver jynx was revealed to be, in fact, a female pokemon :P

... but wasnt this thread about pokemon black and white?

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LEGEND_MARIOID

398. Posted:

EU release date confirmed as 4TH MARCH. Two days before the U.S.? Source ONM :-)

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rensch

399. Posted:

Yay! And even before the US. I remember I already had the US version months before we got it when Diamond and Pearl came out.

Source:
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=22550

EDIT: For our friends down under, 10 March has been confirmed.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pikku

400. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

LaytonAprentice wrote:

@Rensch So in your experience would you say its worth buying? Even though I don't like most of the new pokemon in this generation I still feel compelled to buy it.

When all is said and done, it still is a very solid and playable game. And after beating the main game, you can get the older ones anyway. I can still easily recommend it. I do hope they put in a little bit more effort next time, though. I'm curious what the 3DS will bring us for the Pokémon series.

BTW: Good news people, I have not noticed this myself yet, but I read that much like HM's, TM's can now be used over and over. That's a great addition. Now I can delete TM moves without the fear of ever regretting it.

that's awesome about the unlimited TM's, but now that they are both unlimited, what's the difference between them? :P

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac