Forums

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,311

Rensch

ballkirby1 wrote:

I got a few questions for importers, because I was planning on doing the same.
1)How much English is in the game, or at least are all the attacks in English?
2)What website did you purchase it from? Was it play-asia.com or did you find a better deal elsewhere?
3)Can you use online functions outside of Japan.
4)How long is it compared to other Pokemon games and where would you rank it in the series?
I thank whomever gives me the answers to this. Mainly the English part. I don't want to be overloaded on Japanese.

1. There's no English in there.
2. I don't really know, I usually get my imports from gameshops that sell imported games.
3. Yes. Haven't tried it though.
4. It's a bit short. There is still lots of replay as usual, but if you are looking for something as lengthy as Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver, you'll find it's a little bit shorter. I wouldn't say it's not a good game, but compared to the other Pokémon games, it falls a bit short. But as always: if you're a fan of the series, buy this game!

And one more extremely important thing for any importers: This game is DSi enhanced. This means that it DOES NOT WORK ON WESTERN DSi's!!! ONLY DS OR DS LITE!!!

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

R-L-A-George

Rensch wrote:

ballkirby1 wrote:

I got a few questions for importers, because I was planning on doing the same.
1)How much English is in the game, or at least are all the attacks in English?
2)What website did you purchase it from? Was it play-asia.com or did you find a better deal elsewhere?
3)Can you use online functions outside of Japan.
4)How long is it compared to other Pokemon games and where would you rank it in the series?
I thank whomever gives me the answers to this. Mainly the English part. I don't want to be overloaded on Japanese.

1. There's no English in there.
2. I don't really know, I usually get my imports from gameshops that sell imported games.
3. Yes. Haven't tried it though.
4. It's a bit short. There is still lots of replay as usual, but if you are looking for something as lengthy as Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver, you'll find it's a little bit shorter. I wouldn't say it's not a good game, but compared to the other Pokémon games, it falls a bit short. But as always: if you're a fan of the series, buy this game!

And one more extremely important thing for any importers: This game is DSi enhanced. This means that it DOES NOT WORK ON WESTERN DSi's!!! ONLY DS OR DS LITE!!!

I really wonder why they made the DSi everywhere else so limited. Some importers have a Japanese DSi. I heard some of the good games are regionally locked, why regionally lock something if you can make money from customers that import.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

Rensch

In Dragon Spiral Tower. They're all over the place there. It's north of the town with the swamps, windmills and Ice Gym. You'll be forced to get through there anyway.

Knux

I figure that I should revive this topic since the North American release date for Pokemon Black and White was announced. I preordered Pokemon White at Gamestop yesterday and for some reason, I am looking forward to this game a lot despite my first negative reactions. It's being released during the same month as the 3DS, so I wonder if we will see any 3DS exclusive features or not?

Knux

Rensch

Don't count on it as they are probably not in the Japanese version, unless they are undiscovered because there's no 3DS yet.

The game could have been so much cooler if it had been a 3DS game though.

noblo601

@Rensch, don't worry I am sure that we won't have to wait too long before they bring out a grey version that is going to be enhanced for 3ds, or maybe even a full on new adventure which is in ways an expansion on black and white having those 8 gyms plus 8 new ones?

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

RabidPikachu

Jon Wahlgren wrote:

It's not like Pokemon has never been accused of racism before:

Untitled

The difference is that Jynx actually feeds in to old racial stereotypes in the US whereas Black and White are just shades. Nobody cared about Pokemon Red or Yellow having racist names either.

I agree the names could have been more creative, but I don't think it's remotely a racism issue.

In Japan when Jinx was created they created her not to look like a deformed black person, but a type of Japanese fasion style from back in the day where girls tanned alot and bleached their hair. There are tons of anime characters from this era that where made in this image such that one girl from Tenchi Muyo (in the anime shes just tanned but in the manga she is darkly shaded gray) that I can remember her name. Also note Julie from Bakugan whom also has bleached hair and dark skin.

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

Rensch

RabidPikachu wrote:

Jon+Wahlgren wrote:

Untitled

The difference is that Jynx actually feeds in to old racial stereotypes in the US whereas Black and White are just shades. Nobody cared about Pokemon Red or Yellow having racist names either.

I agree the names could have been more creative, but I don't think it's remotely a racism issue.

In Japan when Jinx was created they created her not to look like a deformed black person, but a type of Japanese fasion style from back in the day where girls tanned alot and bleached their hair. There are tons of anime characters from this era that where made in this image such that one girl from Tenchi Muyo (in the anime shes just tanned but in the manga she is darkly shaded gray) that I can remember her name. Also note Julie from Bakugan whom also has bleached hair and dark skin.

It's funny how Jynx is purple, much like it's unevolved form Smoochum in more recent Pokémon games and cartoons.

LordJumpMad

All I care about, are the battlies
I want to see the new Move sets, and play style.

I don't really care what the New Pokemon look like, but how well they can fight.
Thats the only time they look good to me

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Eel

Rensch wrote:

RabidPikachu wrote:

Jon+Wahlgren wrote:

Untitled

It's funny how Jynx is purple, much like it's unevolved form Smoochum in more recent Pokémon games and cartoons.

Jynx used to be completely black faced back in the day. Nintendo had to /recolor/ her in every kind media after the racism problem started.

Actually there are a few more theories about jynx appearance, none of the can be confirmed, though.
She may be a Ganguro girl, like you mentioned. However, the ganguro fad got famous in japan only one year before the games got released, so it is kind of unlikely that the producers would want to include something pointless like a fad being so near to release the games...

you can read more about jynx supposed origins here, it is quite interesting.
http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/bashing/racist_jynx_01.html

I think the mexican steriotyped pokemon are cute too

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Rensch

I still have the old Black Jynx picture in an old walkthrough for Red and Blue.

BTW, did you know some also considered Jynx to be a drag queen?

Edited on by Rensch

Eel

thankfully, with the release of gold and silver jynx was revealed to be, in fact, a female pokemon

... but wasnt this thread about pokemon black and white?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LEGEND_MARIOID

EU release date confirmed as 4TH MARCH. Two days before the U.S.? Source ONM

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

pikku

Rensch wrote:

LaytonAprentice wrote:

@Rensch So in your experience would you say its worth buying? Even though I don't like most of the new pokemon in this generation I still feel compelled to buy it.

When all is said and done, it still is a very solid and playable game. And after beating the main game, you can get the older ones anyway. I can still easily recommend it. I do hope they put in a little bit more effort next time, though. I'm curious what the 3DS will bring us for the Pokémon series.

BTW: Good news people, I have not noticed this myself yet, but I read that much like HM's, TM's can now be used over and over. That's a great addition. Now I can delete TM moves without the fear of ever regretting it.

that's awesome about the unlimited TM's, but now that they are both unlimited, what's the difference between them?

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Robo-goose

pikmaniac02 wrote:

Rensch wrote:

blah blah blah unlimited TM's blah

that's awesome about the unlimited TM's, but now that they are both unlimited, what's the difference between them?

You need the Move Deleter to get rid of HM's.

Edited on by Robo-goose

"I'm a heartbreaker...
My name... Charles." -The Greatest Man In Driftveil City

razor10000

Rensch wrote:

Yay! And even before the US. I remember I already had the US version months before we got it when Diamond and Pearl came out.

Source:
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=22550

EDIT: For our friends down under, 10 March has been confirmed.

Good. I'm from the country down under.

I'll kill you all with my CAP GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
GoldenEye 007: 2801-9617-6853

LzWinky

there is a setback to the TMs being unlimited use...the powerful Thunder, Fire Blast and Blizzard are now 70,000 each

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LordJumpMad

Rensch wrote:

blah blah blah unlimited TM's blah

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.