Forums

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,311

zezhyrule

Wow, the opening video to these games are epic... The actual games should have more story.
You don't have to keep it simple. It's not like you can really play these games [well] without the ability to read anyway, so might as well add some story.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

turtlelink

zezhyrule wrote:

@Kaiser: Yeah it is, that's why I'm getting white. Everyone else in my town gets the first version(Red, Gold etc.) but I always get the second or third.

Maybe it will be Brown?

Opposite for me. Everyone always picks the second version (SoulSilver, Pearl) where i live

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Rensch

zezhyrule wrote:

Wow, the opening video to these games are epic... The actual games should have more story.
You don't have to keep it simple. It's not like you can really play these games [well] without the ability to read anyway, so might as well add some story.

It's a bit more story-based. While the story is very similar to older games it seems much better worked out now. I don't understand very much of it but that's because it is Japanese. Curious about the western release.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

LordJumpMad

KaiserGX wrote:

I don't know if I should buy Black or wait for the third version! Agh! What if the third version adds Pokemon that follows you and animated Trainer sprites...

The third version, may come out in a year or two,
But i'm only getting this pokemon game, if The Online play is better.
Since I only like to Battles.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Rensch

I've beaten the main quest now. Completing the main story is easier this time around. The Gym Leaders are mostly pushovers and the Elite Four are all equally tough because you can now choose the order in which you fight them. All of their Pokémon are in the level 40-45 range and to make things even easier, they have four instead of five Pokémon.

Another interesting change to the storyline is the fact that instead of facing the champion at the end, you fight the main bad guy (the mandatory evil Team leader) as the final boss. The actual champion can't be challenged until beating the main story first and doing a rematch against the Pokémon League. I haven't tried that yet, but I heard it's brutal. Most of the real challenge seems to come after the main quest.

One thing I truly hate with all my heart about this game, though, is the fact that they didn't seem to feel the need to include a freaking Safari Zone this time around! Why Game Freak, why! I also don't like how little Triple Battles there are in the single player mode.

I have to admit I don't really see that much improvement from the previous generation so I'm a bit underwhelmed by Black/White. I was much more impressed with HeartGold and SoulSilver even though they were just remakes.

Chrono_Cross

I think I'm going to feel racist if I buy black over white or vice versa.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

HolyMackerel

Chrono Cross wrote:

I think I'm going to feel racist if I buy black over white or vice versa.

Not this again! Go back to the first page you Slowpoke.

HolyMackerel

TheBaconator

This one looks like a Robot Master from Mega Man
Untitled
and it looks like the Starship Enterprise is getting a Pokemon
Untitled

But here are my favorites
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by TheBaconator

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Rensch

The frog dude is pretty solid. I always liked the Ground/Water combos. Just keep it out of the fights against the Grass-type.

Joeynator3000

Are you sure there's no new evolutions for the older Pokemons?...I mean, I just saw this...what should I call it...Omega Unown? lol
Untitled

And this guy crosses his arms here, he's automatically awesome. xD
Untitled

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Rensch

There's absolutely no new evolutions or pre-evolutions, I can assure you. All Pokémon in the Isshu Pokédex are new. I haven't even found a wild Pikachu yet. If Pokémon remind you of older ones, it's usually because of Nintendo's lack of creativity or the exact opposite.

I must admit that I first met that strange-looking flying thing near an ancient ruin in a desert. It's a Flying/Psychic Pokémon that doesn't evolve. You can find that crocodile dude in those ruins BTW.

Edited on by Rensch

Joeynator3000

Like others have said, I don't really care if most of them are ugly (they're monsters anyway)...the more the merrier. I don't "catch them all" anyways. >_>

But yeah, when I saw that freaky flying thing, its head looked like an Unown. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Rensch

LaytonAprentice wrote:

@Rensch So in your experience would you say its worth buying? Even though I don't like most of the new pokemon in this generation I still feel compelled to buy it.

When all is said and done, it still is a very solid and playable game. And after beating the main game, you can get the older ones anyway. I can still easily recommend it. I do hope they put in a little bit more effort next time, though. I'm curious what the 3DS will bring us for the Pokémon series.

BTW: Good news people, I have not noticed this myself yet, but I read that much like HM's, TM's can now be used over and over. That's a great addition. Now I can delete TM moves without the fear of ever regretting it.

Edited on by Rensch

R-L-A-George

Rensch wrote:

There's absolutely no new evolutions or pre-evolutions, I can assure you. All Pokémon in the Isshu Pokédex are new. I haven't even found a wild Pikachu yet. If Pokémon remind you of older ones, it's usually because of Nintendo's lack of creativity or the exact opposite.

I must admit that I first met that strange-looking flying thing near an ancient ruin in a desert. It's a Flying/Psychic Pokémon that doesn't evolve. You can find that crocodile dude in those ruins BTW.

Untitled Can't wait to get my own. Untitled Have one, so cute Untitled Untitled Still itching for these two cuties Untitled Already have one.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

TheBaconator

I got a few questions for importers, because I was planning on doing the same.
1)How much English is in the game, or at least are all the attacks in English?
2)What website did you purchase it from? Was it play-asia.com or did you find a better deal elsewhere?
3)Can you use online functions outside of Japan.
4)How long is it compared to other Pokemon games and where would you rank it in the series?
I thank whomever gives me the answers to this. Mainly the English part. I don't want to be overloaded on Japanese.

Edited on by TheBaconator

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.