DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Showing 301 to 320 of 1,380

AuthorMessage

Aviator

301. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

I hereby declare Pokémon Black & White to have the ugliest new Pokémon in the series by far.

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Rensch

302. Posted:

There are now 156 new pokémon bringing the total up to 649. I wonder if it will be possible to collect them all until the sixth generation comes around. I haven't even gotten all of them on the current generation yet.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

Lurch

303. Posted:

I like the new pokemon, tbh.
and about some of them being unoriginal, well it's the 5th generation, so yeah. it had to happen somewhen and personally i dont care

Lurch

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

304. Posted:

The new pokemon are really "meh" to me.

I'll like them better when I can see what they can do in a battle

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

305. Posted:

God most of them are terrible. I think Pokabu is for me this generation what Bulbasaur was the first generation. A Pokémon I don't even wanna see evolved. But if I get this game, I probably choose Mijumaru, at least he looks good evolved. But damn they look bad. Thankfully, as far as I can tell, there are new evolutions of Pokémon of the previews generations.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

http://www.backloggery.com/sneaker

AuthorMessage

Rensch

306. Posted:

I don't think there are new evolutions. Game freak said you can't get any old pokémon until you beat the champion and pick up the national Pokédex. They aim for making the series feel like a fresh new start. I don't see how adding pokémon that evolve from or into older ones fits with that philosophy.

That pink fish looks a lot like Luvdisc, though.

Edited on by Rensch

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

307. Posted:

Sorry, meant "no new evolutions". If you see what they have done to Rhydon, I'm glad they didn't.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

http://www.backloggery.com/sneaker

AuthorMessage

Rensch

308. Posted:

It was also pretty weird that they gave Rhydon, which was already a pretty solid Pokémon, an evolution while the ones that would really benefit from it, such as Farfetch'd or Luvdisc, were neglected.

AuthorMessage

sonic_brawler95

309. Posted:

I kinda like some of the new Pokemon. Agreed, not the best bunch, but if your a real big Pokemon fan, you would just be happy that you have more critters to collect. :)

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

AuthorMessage

Ricardo91

310. Posted:

A chandalier, an ice cream cone, and a snot-nosed polar bear. Yep, Game Freak has finally lost it.

It's not only that the designs are bad, but they also have very unnecessary evolutions as well. A lot of the 3-stage evos could've easily have been 2-stage or single forms. And what in sam's hell is #569 supposed to be? A pile of puke?

And yet, I'll probably wind up buying it anyway. :P

Rensch wrote:

It was also pretty weird that they gave Rhydon, which was already a pretty solid Pokémon, an evolution while the ones that would really benefit from it, such as Farfetch'd or Luvdisc, were neglected.

Even weirder is that the only improved stats Rhyperior got were in it's defense and attack, two stats that Rhydon already excelled at, as opposed to improving the stats that actually needed improving, like spec. defense or speed. In fact, alot of the evolutions in Diamond/Pearl seemed pretty pointless (did we seriously need Megmar/ Electabuzz evolutions?). I guess Game Freak got so nuts with the evolutions that forgot to give some to the Pokemon who actually needed them (like Shuckle and the 2 you mentioned.).

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

311. Posted:

I don't get it. Why is the white Legendary on the cover of Black and vice versa?

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

312. Posted:

I wonder if the region will be shaped like NY...

What's with the dog? I mean I like dogs and all, but 3 evolutions? And the gear thing? And all of those palette swaped pokes? Had to reach a goal so they decided to just give the same pokemon a different color and call it a new pokemon?

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

313. Posted:

They have some pretty weird types going on. A fire-bug type, and a ground-ghost are pretty strange. And what is with that Polar Bear, that sprite is kind of disturbing. Most of them are pretty sweet, but then you got one that is just a plain old hermit crab with nothing special about it.

Edited on by TheBaconator

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

314. Posted:

ballkirby1 wrote:

They have some pretty weird types going on. A fire-bug type, and a ground-ghost are pretty strange. And what is with that Polar Bear, that sprite is kind of disturbing. Most of them are pretty sweet, but then you got one that is just a plain old hermit crab with nothing special about it.

Don't forget the Fire-psychic, grass-steel, electric-ground and water-ghost combinations. Normal-grass is new too.
The 3 fighting legendaries types are also different. And wow, finally a fire/dragon type. Who'da thunk it?

Here are the badges: Untitled

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Rensch

315. Posted:

Let's not forget that there is a PURE Flying-type.

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

316. Posted:

Dragoon wrote:

I don't get it. Why is the white Legendary on the cover of Black and vice versa?

Because you need to contrast background and foreground colours or you won't be able to see anything on the cover. :P

ballkirby1 wrote:

Most of them are pretty sweet, but then you got one that is just a plain old hermit crab with nothing special about it.

You know, that is weird. Even for the "boring" types, they've had interesting twists on their designs. Like Paras/Parasect had a parasitic mushroom growing out of it.

...Except Bidoof. And a bunch of needless "baby" pre-evolutions, actu.... (The use of the word "exhume" in the first post is one of the worst cases of malapropism I've ever seen lol.)

Rensch wrote:

Let's not forget that there is a PURE Flying-type.

They had better do something really special with that one, because that's unheard-of.

Oh, it looks like a... goat-tentacle-genie (#641 Torunerosu). I guess that's special... o_o

Oh look! He has numerous palette swaps! #642 Borutorosu (electric/flying), #645 Randorosu (ground/flying). Yep, special.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

Rensch

317. Posted:

1. 569 Dasotudaso is definitely the ugliest Pokémon I have ever seen. It's like Muk or Swalot's even more unhygienic cousin.

But holy creeps! This game has some great music. The Gym theme is even better than in Gold/Silver/Crystal:

Edited on by Rensch

AuthorMessage

NintendoCoDGamer

318. Posted:

I think I'm gonna get White version just because of that legendary. Yep. It is one of the most epic things I have ever seen.

It reminds me of a shadow palkia on steroids.

Looking forward to The Conduit 2 and CoD: Black Ops for DS
For really cool avatars for a forum, go here! http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns/Emblems

NO ITEMS FOX ONLY FINAL DESTINATION

AuthorMessage

Rensch

319. Posted:

Some interesting tidbits. If you don't want too many spoilers please don't read on:

• It is confirmed that no evolutions or unevolved forms of older Pokémon are added this time. All 154 new Pokémon have no evolutionairy ties with Pokémon from older games. A sharp departure from the last generation where many of them were related to familiar faces.
  • You can now choose to fight the Elite Four in different orders.
  • Instead of the champion you fight the main bad guy and Reshiram/Zekrom after beating the Elite Four the first time through. This guy is called N and is sympathetic to the goals of Team Plasma. From what I understand the champion can still be fought later on, however.
  • The first Gym is a multitype Gym which has three Gym Leaders. The one you face will depend on your starter. The first Pokémon is always a Yooterii but the second Pokémon will be one out of three monkey Pokémon depending on which Leader you face. Yanappu is Grass-type, Boappu is Fire and Hiyappu is Water. It will always be the one that is strong against your starter but you can get the monkey that is strong against the Leader's nearby.
  • The final Gym has a male Leader in Black but a female Leader in White.
  • There are over a dozen new legendary Pokémon.
  • The Elite Four use the Ghost, Dark, Psychic and Fighting types respectively.
  • The Gym Leaders use the following types respectively: Multitype, Normal, Bug, Electric, Ground, Flying, Ice, Dragon.
  • Cynthia, the champion from Diamond, Pearl and Platinum can also be fought in Black/White after beating the main quest. It seems this is in a similar manner as with Red in Gold, Silver and Crystal or Steven in Emerald.
  • The VS. Seeker is back after an utterly annoying absence in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Edited on by Rensch

AuthorMessage

Mysterious_Nobody

320. Posted:

I'm just going to put this here:
http://www.true-gaming.net/tgupload/images2/1%28375x338%29.jpg

and here are the sprites:
http://pokejungle.net/bw-pages/sprites-494-649/

Edited on by Mysterious_Nobody

Mysterious_Nobody