DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Showing 141 to 160 of 1,380

AuthorMessage

Raylax

141. Posted:

Sneaker13 wrote:

HeelHeat wrote:

There's gonna be way too many pokemon come gen 5. I wish they would've added 50 good designs per generation instead of 100+ mostly so-so, including useless pokemon and retread pokemon (new Rattata, new Pidgey etc) and just plain ugly design pokemon. :(

Is there a new form of Rattata and Pidgey?

He's referring to the fact that every generation has an extremely common Normal and Normal/Flying type on the first couple of routes in the game - Ratatta and Pidgey in Gen 1, Sentret and Hoothoot in Gen 2, Zigzagoon and Taillow in Gen 3, Bidoof and Starly in Gen 4.

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

Toon_Link

142. Posted:

I think I'm gonna get Black, just cause I'm a white guy.

Toon_Link

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

143. Posted:

I'll probably get black.

I've always based my Poke purchases off what color sounds and looks cooler and black is better in both aspects.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

irken004

144. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

I've always based my Poke purchases off what color sounds and looks cooler and black is better in both aspects.

Agreed. Although my last Pokemon game purchase was Sapphire, which means I doubt I'll get this.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

145. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

JustYourAverageBleh wrote:

can anybody explain why Pokemon moves are limited to only Four? i think they should increase the quantity of moves of a single pokemon so the player will have a much wider range of options.

Strategy, basically. You've only got 4 slots, so make the most of them. If you could have as many moves as you wanted, all you would ever need is a single Starmie and pretty much nothing could stop you - Thunderbolt and Ice Beam together will hit absolutely everything for neutral damage except the Magnemite family and Volt Absorb Chinchou/Lanturn, and the rest of its movepool only serve to increase the number of types it can land Super Effective against. Twin that with a stellar SAtk stat and decent Speed... Starmie's already extremely strong on 4 moves.

Starmie is one of my favorite pokemon next to poliwhirl.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

146. Posted:

briunj04 wrote:

Rift wrote:

They really need to make serious gameplay changes. I'm tired of them recycling (practically) the same game over and over, just adding new pokemon, a new world, and a few new features.

Untitled Untitled Untitled
doing so obviously works well

Your point is only valid until someone mentions The Lost Levels. :P

Besides, I never thought the Pokemon gameplay system worked exceptionally well in the first place. The fun wears off way too quickly (generation-wise, not time-wise).

Edited on by Meta-Rift

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

147. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

I'll probably get black.

...For me its the same I guess, then again last time I've played a Pokemon game was back when Gold and Silver came out. Dunno why I chose Gold though...guess it was because I liked Ho-Oh more, don't remember. XD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

KingMike

148. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

JustYourAverageBleh wrote:

can anybody explain why Pokemon moves are limited to only Four? i think they should increase the quantity of moves of a single pokemon so the player will have a much wider range of options.

Strategy, basically. You've only got 4 slots, so make the most of them. If you could have as many moves as you wanted, all you would ever need is a single Starmie and pretty much nothing could stop you - Thunderbolt and Ice Beam together will hit absolutely everything for neutral damage except the Magnemite family and Volt Absorb Chinchou/Lanturn, and the rest of its movepool only serve to increase the number of types it can land Super Effective against. Twin that with a stellar SAtk stat and decent Speed... Starmie's already extremely strong on 4 moves.

What's wrong with being able to swap moves a Pokemon has already learned? I mean, say at a Pokemon Center or maybe make one special NPC in the game that can do that?

KingMike

AuthorMessage

HeelHeat

149. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

He's referring to the fact that every generation has an extremely common Normal and Normal/Flying type on the first couple of routes in the game - Ratatta and Pidgey in Gen 1, Sentret and Hoothoot in Gen 2, Zigzagoon and Taillow in Gen 3, Bidoof and Starly in Gen 4.

Yeah. I mean, Geodude and Zubat have been in every single game, but we need a new version of Pidgey, new version of Rattata every generation, plus once in awhile a new Magikarp, new Caterpie/Weedle etc.

I'm also more of a single player gamer than a multiplayer, so I'd like to see a lot more gyms or the ability to revisit more past regions or having to defend your Pokemon championship or something.

HeelHeat

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

150. Posted:

Yeah....think I've heard something that this one will contain 16 badges...Maybe I'm just getting it mixed up with the Gold/Silver remakes, whatever...I'm hoping for a longer adventure as well.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

lockd

151. Posted:

I think they should not make Ruby/Sapphire remakes, and instead, the ability to travel to Hoenn by plane (new method of travel?) in Black & White. You can still get all the Hoenn Badges and maybe even fight Steven Stone. But I know alot of you disagree with me...

Love and Tolerance
Pokemon White FC: 4813 7276 6192
3DS FC: 4854 6468 0712
deviantART

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

152. Posted:

That reminds me...I miss that boat cruise part of the game...can't remember if it was from the 1st Gen or the 2nd...I hope they bring something like that back, like lockd said...a part ing the game where you travel by boat/train/airplane. Would be awesome.

AuthorMessage

lockd

153. Posted:

Yeah, say for example in one of the City's in B/W, which I will call 'Dingo City' has an Airport, called like, Dingo Airport. Than you can take the Plane to a newly built Airport in like, Mauville City in Hoenn. An Airplane would be an awesome feature.
Edit: Also, the screenshot of the Bridge looks alot like the Hoenn Cycling Road. I know it probably isn't.
Edit 2: The Ruby/Sapphire remakes would be called 'Radical Ruby and Stellar Sapphire :p

Edited on by lockd

Love and Tolerance
Pokemon White FC: 4813 7276 6192
3DS FC: 4854 6468 0712
deviantART

AuthorMessage

Token_Girl

154. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

Loving the look of this. I wonder though... given that GameFreak have said previously that they have 3DS development kits, and given the lower angle and total 3D employment here (DPPt and HGSS used 2D when inside most buildings), could Black and White be a game to 'bridge the gap' between the two consoles? Like when Oracle Of Ages/Seasons came out, putting it in a GBA would open up a special GBA-only shop. So whilst this is marketed and released primarily on the DS, reckon we could see it in real 3D when plugged into the 3DS? That would be awesome.

This is what I thought when I saw the screenshots too. Either way, I never buy the original games. I always wait for the special 3rd editions. That'll give me plenty of time to play and enjoy Gen IV, and wait on reviews to see if there's enough new content to justify a purchase.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

155. Posted:

HeelHeat wrote:

There's gonna be way too many pokemon come gen 5. I wish they would've added 50 good designs per generation instead of 100+ mostly so-so, including useless pokemon and retread pokemon (new Rattata, new Pidgey etc) and just plain ugly design pokemon. :(

This. Bulbasaur was great. BUT WHAT THE HECK IS CHIKORITA ANYWAY. Green blob-thing with a leaf on its head.

@Sneaker13 Starly is Pidgey 1.1 for sure. New Rattata... well there are loads of new Normal-type rodent creatures who are pretty boring. like Sentret, A fair number of the new Pokemon are retreading old ground.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

Rensch

156. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

HeelHeat wrote:

This. Bulbasaur was great. BUT WHAT THE HECK IS CHIKORITA ANYWAY. Green blob-thing with a leaf on its head.

@Sneaker13 Starly is Pidgey 1.1 for sure. New Rattata... well there are loads of new Normal-type rodent creatures who are pretty boring. like Sentret, A fair number of the new Pokemon are retreading old ground.

Such as the only known 5th gen Pokémon, Zorua and Zoroark, are basically Dark-type Vulpix and Ninetales.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

157. Posted:

Yeah, it's really getting out of hand. Remember the time that you could sings along with the credits of the cartoons. That rap with all the Pokémon in it. It's a shame that after the second generation, it got way out of hand. I still prefer the first generation, no contest. I love Soul Silver which I'm playing now. But I think I will get Leaf Green someday. I can't stand playing a Pokémon for such a long time without Bulbasaur ;).

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

http://www.backloggery.com/sneaker

AuthorMessage

Outrunner

158. Posted:

off-topic:
@Rench in regard to your sig: You absolutely sure about that? :p

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

AuthorMessage

Percentful

159. Posted:

lockd wrote:

I think they should not make Ruby/Sapphire remakes, and instead, the ability to travel to Hoenn by plane (new method of travel?) in Black & White. You can still get all the Hoenn Badges and maybe even fight Steven Stone. But I know alot of you disagree with me...

Why would we disagree with you? We get 2 awesome games for the price of 11, basically! :D

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

160. Posted:

...IGN said something on their site about a magazine (some comic or whatever) showing off some screens of the game. But didn't see it there...so, yeah...anybody know where I can see the screens they're talking about?
http://ds.ign.com/articles/108/1083093p1.html