Forums

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,311

TeeJay

Eh, I already got it in Heart Gold in that cave....with a pokeball no less! I just want get it just because I can.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TKOWL

Dark_TeeJay wrote:

Eh, I already got it in Heart Gold in that cave....with a pokeball no less! I just want get it just because I can.

But it has Psystrike 30 levels early.
Psssyyyyssssttriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikeeeeeeee

In other news, a Lv. 100 Arceus is now available on Global Link. Pick it up while you can!

Edited on by TKOWL

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Tasuki

Just picked up the free Mewtwo for my copies of both black and white. How long does the free Mewtwo gift last?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

@Shadow100: Whoops yeah I was talking about the event. So if I were to erase my game and start over I will be able to get Mewtwo again?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RevolverLink

When I finally get back to playing White, I'm going to make it a priority to build a team entirely of Dewotts.

I don't care if I don't technically "win" any competitive battles, I'll have a TEAM FULL OF DEWOTTS! I'll be the superior trainer in every battle by default.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

CureM

I've beaten the game but I'm still playing trying to get the Pokedex filled and finding everything I missed in my first run, one such thing is EV training, I have no EV trained pokemon but I'm willing to do it, I have many questions though but I'll try to keep them to one or two at a time

• why is EV training interesting? I mean when I battle online all pokemon are set to lvl. 50 why would it matter having them EV trained?
  • if I catch a wild pokemon at lvl. 30, would his EV stats be all 0? ( caught Axew and will get him trained in Attack/Speed).

"War, war never changes"
3DS FC: 1504-5794-1640

CosmoXY

CureM wrote:

I've beaten the game but I'm still playing trying to get the Pokedex filled and finding everything I missed in my first run, one such thing is EV training, I have no EV trained pokemon but I'm willing to do it, I have many questions though but I'll try to keep them to one or two at a time

• why is EV training interesting? I mean when I battle online all pokemon are set to lvl. 50 why would it matter having them EV trained?
  • if I catch a wild pokemon at lvl. 30, would his EV stats be all 0? ( caught Axew and will get him trained in Attack/Speed).

EV training is how you get the most out of any given pokemon. It can give you an edge in competitive battling, but even then, EVs are just the tip of the iceberg.

Yes, a wild pokemon, regardless of level, has 0 EVs.

But for the best explanation of EVs, you should read this: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

turtlelink

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Huh...so that's EV training...
At first I was a bit intimidated, but it really doesn't seem that hard. I may try this next Pokemon game.

I recommend doing it after you beat the main story.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Imperfect

if you really want to get inot competive battilign just go to http://www.smogon.com/ and click the pokedex. They have movesets for pretty much every pokemon in the game, as well as corresponding to diffrent tiers and stuff. Keep in mind though that the sets are based off perfect IVs so that when it says Gengar with 72 defense evs can survive bullet punch, you may actually need a few more for that to be valid.

3DS FC:2535-3655-5551

Simon_Deku

DictatorJumpMad wrote:

Can anyone hlep me with a Thundurus I can borrow?
I would gladly help with a pokemon you need now, and give back your Thundurus .

Sure, I can help you. I just need a Groudon. I will give it back, I just need it registered in my pokedex. You'll be suprised what people will give me for a zorua. One girl even gave me her Zekrom for one!

Minecraft is almighty!

LordJumpMad

Simon_Deku wrote:

DictatorJumpMad wrote:

Can anyone hlep me with a Thundurus I can borrow?
I would gladly help with a pokemon you need now, and give back your Thundurus .

Sure, I can help you. I just need a Groudon. I will give it back, I just need it registered in my pokedex. You'll be suprised what people will give me for a zorua. One girl even gave me her Zekrom for one!

That post is about a year ago dude, I have about 3 Thundurus, and one of them shiny
I already got them all~

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

LaCru79

Hi!
I´m thinking about buying Pokemon black or white. The thing that is stopping me is that I have a DSLite and a 3DS witch means I won´t be able to use the online features. The DSLite does not work with my wifi and the 3DS can´t play DS games using the 3DS wifi setting.
Now for my question, is it worth playing Pokemon Black or White without beeing able to go online or trade with other players (I don´t know anyone who owns this game)? What I am looking for is a light-hearted RPG in the Pokemon univers.

My FC is: 0473-8793-3927
My Mii nickname is: LaCru79

Jamouse

Three4Flinching wrote:

3DS can´t play DS games using the 3DS wifi setting.

Sorry if i misunderstood that statement, but i'm fairly sure it can. I play Pokemon white online all the time with my 3DS.

Edited on by Jamouse

Jamouse

LaCru79

Jamouse wrote:

Three4Flinching wrote:

Sorry if i misunderstood that statement, but i'm fairly sure it can. I play Pokemon white online all the time with my 3DS.

Yes, that was a poorly worded sentence. What I meant was that on my 3DS I can´t seem to get DS games to play online. I can play 3DS games without any problem but DS games online does not work.

My FC is: 0473-8793-3927
My Mii nickname is: LaCru79

RYBlast

Guys, I have a problem. My Pokemon takes forever getting tucked in. Literally. It never ends except with a communication error. Any advice?

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

Ecto-1

Three4Flinching wrote:

Jamouse wrote:

Three4Flinching wrote:

Yes, that was a poorly worded sentence. What I meant was that on my 3DS I can´t seem to get DS games to play online. I can play 3DS games without any problem but DS games online does not work.

You have to configure a wireless configuration specifically for DS games. Under "Settings," go to "Internet Settings," then to "Nintendo DS Connections." From there, configure a wireless setup to be used by DS games. This was done because the 3DS is supports more advanced security features than the DS, thus separate settings are required for DS games to be played online.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

CosmoXY

Reshiram and Zekrom wifi distribution begins today.

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

Ecto-1

Duney wrote:

Reshiram and Zekrom wifi distribution begins today.

These Zekroms and Reshirams apparantly also do special things in the Global Link. Apparently, tucking them in will allow you to visit a "special home" where you can get a Victini doll thing for you home and a special Zekrom/Reshiram skin for your C-Gear.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.