DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Showing 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,380

AuthorMessage

OverlordMao

1,261. Posted:

crazyj2312 wrote:

@OverlordMao I get what you mean. I slowed down my playing for a while but for somewhat of a different reason. The story was so much BETTER than the other games that when it was over, I felt some completion, unlike the other games where I felt I needed to get more done to make the game worthwhile (EV training, breeding etc). But with White, I was content with the way it ended. The latter half of the game is ok but I'm not as compelled to do much. There's also a huge emphasis on connection and I find it fun to battle with my friends, do random matchups, and the Dream World to get rare Pokemon. But seeing as most battles cap my pocket monsters at 50, I don't feel the need to train them beyond that point. (I can only assume they wanted the online to be as fair and balanced as possible, at the expensive of the more hardcore hoping for full on lvl 100 pwnage.)

Yes, I agree, but the problem with wrapping up the story at the end of the game was that I felt like it ended fully and I had no reason to go back to it, which is the complete opposite goal of pokemon games. I love having the game finally open itself up to me once I've completed the main goal of beating the Elite Four and saying "Go nuts :)" However, in Pokemon Black/White I feel as if the game becomes a closed book after defeating Team Plasma and leaves me with no desire to go after the extra events and legendary pokemon, unlike the other games.

What I'm basically saying is that it left a diferent after-taste for me than previous games, which led me to stop playing earlier.

P.S. Online matches are ridiculous IMO as EVERY SINGLE MATCH i've played (about 25) the opponent either Rage Quits when losing or uses the same 2-3 pokemon and beats me (which is fine, just annoying/repetitive) :(

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

AuthorMessage

Ernest_The_Crab

1,262. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

NintendoPurist wrote:

I see a pattern with the releases of Pokemon. So far, it's gone in order of:

Basic Colours, then Metals, then Gems, then Precious Materials, then Shades of Grey

They never fall short of ideas, do they? Of course, I sorta predicted 5th Gen would be Black Version and White Version.

@Rensch: I remember reading a while back that the Dark-type was the darker polar-opposite to Psychic-type, and that Psychic-type Pokemon were already classed as being "the Light-type, the good side to the Dark-type". Plus, the Dark- and Steel-types were only introduced as a means to bring the overpowered Psychic-type and underpowered Fighting- and Bug-types to a more balanced place within the Weakness-Strength field. Of course, there already is a secret "Sound-type" within the games, as certain Pokemon have resistances or immunities to sound-based moves like Sing, Growl, Screech, Uproar etc., so maybe it is time that Sound became an official type. And as for Light-type, I think that could be a real possibility. I think "Psychic-type is equal to Light-type" is too niche for me!

A agree, if Psychic and Light are the same thing than Water and Ice definitely are.

Well if you've watched the old episodes of Pokemon or manga the Psychic types are pretty sinister themselves. It doesn't make much sense for them to be the polar opposite of the Dark (at least in terms of personality). Also, shouldn't Light types, if they existed, be on the same playing field as the Dark types? When fighting against each other, maybe they should both be super effective against each other? Though that would be a first for Pokemon I think. Except for the poison vs bug scenario in the older games, which ended up being changed.

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

AuthorMessage

Infernapeking

1,263. Posted:

I have DW Vulpix to trade but you will need an epic Jolly Nature Chimchar with Iron Fist.

Imma Infernape FAN!!

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8393-6525 | Nintendo Network ID: DJK1NG

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

1,264. Posted:

First look,into the 3D PokeDex
Untitled

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

ColtTheNotsoEpicGamR

1,265. Posted:

Anyone else think AR pokemon battles would be a really cool idea

Edited on by ColtTheNotsoEpicGamR

-Colt

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,266. Posted:

Yea. Maybe it can be a minigame with the app. Though I doubt it if we're getting it for free.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

ColtTheNotsoEpicGamR

1,267. Posted:

sorta hoping that the pokedex app will sinc with black and white, although seeing tepig in full 3d kinda makes me wish black and white had been 3DS games.

-Colt

AuthorMessage

Robo-goose

1,268. Posted:

The way I see it, the 3DS Pokedex is pretty much letting us have a sneak peek at how the Gen 6 Pokemon will be shown.
So far, I'm really impressed. The future of Pokemon's aesthetics is looking good! (even though I'm really going to miss sprites.)

Edited on by Robo-goose

"I'm a heartbreaker...
My name... Charles." -The Greatest Man In Driftveil City

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

1,269. Posted:

I have a feeling these 3D graphics are going to be used for another Pokemon Stadium-type game.

If that's the case, I can't wait, because PBR is the only way I can battle people online (My DS' Wi-fi refuses to work).

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

Jack2901

1,270. Posted:

Anyone wanna trade codes? Mines 4083-5662-3271, tell me if you do.

Goldeneye FC: 2183-4444-0269 [NL] Jack
Goldeneye Chat: http://us3.chatzy.com/676123268096 (Non-flash chatroom)
3DS FC: 1289-8201-7714
www.nlnation.forumotions.com

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

1,271. Posted:

Which is better to use: A Blissey with leftovers or a Chansey with Eviolite?

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

1,272. Posted:

Dragoon wrote:

I have a feeling these 3D graphics are going to be used for another Pokemon Stadium-type game.

Or 3D Battles
Untitled

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

mariopaperthin

1,273. Posted:

what your pokemon team mine is

samurott
levanny
hydreigon
darmanitan
haxrous
gigalith

khalil lewis
3ds friend code 3394-3611-9704
name mariopthin

AuthorMessage

Lan

1,274. Posted:

i'm not sure yet, i'm liking my darminitan and golurk, they always pull through with their amazing attack stat, my e4 team was those two, serperior, zoroark, sawk, and seismitoad. sawk and zoroark ended up being to frail, serperior and seismitoad just aren't strong enough. luckily i have my pearl team to fall back on, which is garchomp, tyranitar, dragonite, salamence, and metagross

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

Robo-goose

1,275. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

Which is better to use: A Blissey with leftovers or a Chansey with Eviolite?

That's a great question. I would think that a Blissey with leftovers would be better at first, but a Chancey with eviolite gets a gigantic boost in sp def, one that puts it significantly higher than Blissey's sp def; it all comes down to the moveset of your Pokemon.

"I'm a heartbreaker...
My name... Charles." -The Greatest Man In Driftveil City

AuthorMessage

Vehemont

1,276. Posted:

mariopaperthin wrote:

what your pokemon team mine is

samurott
levanny
hydreigon
darmanitan
haxrous
gigalith

Im goin old school for mine right now...

Jolteon, Dragonite, Alakazam, Arcanine, Venusaur, and Lapras.

Vehemont

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

1,277. Posted:

Sorry, but I just had to share this battle:
50-16768-57488
That there is a Sweep in a Random Match Double Battle, by an Alomomola. Never underestimate the bulk of Alomomola. My opponent did and it led to her demise.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

SSBbrawler08

1,278. Posted:

hey guys, can someone explain how to ev train? i've looked around but haven't found a good site or video.. i would really like to learn because there's a local pokmeon tourney and i want to win haha

Photobucket | Backloggery
SSBB Friend Code: 0774 - 3945 - 4471
See you in anotha life, brotha.

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,279. Posted:

Question: If I get a Dreamworld Gligar and evolve it, will it have Poison Heal?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

1,280. Posted:

@turtlelink
Short answer: Yes.

@SSBbrawler08
This article taught me:
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49734/t1630198-pokemon-white-...
I can explain how to do it in simpler terms if you still are confused or have questions. Just remember, EV training takes hours and hours to do. I had access to all the power items and the Pokerus, and it still took me about 10 hours to complete. (That time includes trying to catch Pokemon with decent IVs and a good nature) Then if you want good items your gonna have to do the Battle Subway many times to get good items. Once you think about it, it is easy to see why people use Action Replay to make the training go by faster. (I got all my Power Items and Choice Items from a friend with Action Replay)

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs