DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Showing 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,380

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,101. Posted:

ballkirby1 wrote:

I really don't understand what EV training is, nor do I care. I just Level up random Pokemon to level 50, choose a random 6, go online, and get my butt handed to me, but I don't care. It makes me feel even better when I win that way.

Finally,someone that feels the same way I do! I haven't won online yet though. 0-5 right now I think.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

1,102. Posted:

Tj92 wrote:

I was sitting in the cafeteria at my school today when I noticed my C-Gear was detecting another trainer. I used the Entralink and entered "April's World". I first chose a mission where I have to give her an item. That went well, and I soon noticed who the user was in the cafeteria, though she hadn't noticed me yet.

I also saw someone named April in my C-Gear today.
I don't think it could be the same one.
but, it was also called April's world

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

1,103. Posted:

@Retro
I think I'm 3-8 in Rotation battles. I like those the best because I'm pretty decent at predicting which Pokemon the opponent is going to change to. My most common team consists of Muk, Metagross, and Slowking (Mainly because I like them the best). The other 3 I just pick out randomly. Right now I'm training a Joltik and I'm going to see if that works out for me.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,104. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

I was sitting in the cafeteria at my school today when I noticed my C-Gear was detecting another trainer. I used the Entralink and entered "April's World". I first chose a mission where I have to give her an item. That went well, and I soon noticed who the user was in the cafeteria, though she hadn't noticed me yet.

@Ballkirby, EV training is just making a Pokemon excel at a certain stat rather then a random one. For example, you can be training a Pokemon with an Adamant nature ( Adamant = a boost in Attack and a decrease in Special Attack) when its a Pokemon that has a very weak Attack stat but a great Special Attack stat. If you get the right nature of a Pokemon and use Pokemon drugs and feathers you find on the bridges effectively, you can see a certain stat you want that pokemon to excel at go up by 5 or 6 points when you level up! Hope that gave you the general idea of what EVs and EV training is.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,105. Posted:

Oh cool. I never tried a rotation battle online. Only a normal battle. Maybe I'll have better luck in those. I've yet to try out the triple battle too so who knows. I might rank up a win like that. I wouldn't mind having a battle against you either. When you're done with that joltik you can try it out in a battle against me if you like.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

1,106. Posted:

@Ball&Retro
To tell the truth,
EV training is not all that great, it only useful for pokemon that really need it, and sometimes, it has it flaws.
With EV training, you can make a Dragonite super fast, and super strong but, at the cost of it's defense.

I didn't start EV training untill this poke gen but, I never had any problems with my old un-EV train Team, and I still kick butt online.
All you really need is a good strategy.

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

1,107. Posted:

The only strategy I have is the ol' Slowking Trick Room with a Shuckle Power Trick/Rock Slide combo in double battles. It worked until every other trainer on Pokemon Revolution started pulling out Wailords. I haven't tried it this generation yet...I'll go do that.

Edited on by TheBaconator

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,108. Posted:

Only strategy I got right now is the use curse till your speed won't go down more and then gyro ball.Still training a Pokemon for that one so haven't tried it out yet.I'm still trying to improve my team over all really.Not complaining though. This game is great. :D

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

1,109. Posted:

Well...I just figured out my strategy is useless thanks to everyone using a Hydreigon and Whismicott knocking out my Slowking before I can use Trick Room...Back to the drawing boards!

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

1,110. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

First another Jumpmad, now another April...
I think we live in parallel worlds. O_O

Spiritloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

1,111. Posted:

I just played another battle. The guy had a Salamance with Rock Slide. I attempted the Shuckle Trick Room thing, but when I used Power Trick, my Slwking Flinched and couldn't use Trick Room. So that was the end for those two. So I sent out my other 2 Pokemon and they flinched every time... Now I'm playing a battle where my Slowking just got parylized and was unable to use Trick Room...This sucks...
And I was just about to win for once using the Trick Room/ Power Trick and my fantastic internet lost connection...I was not meant to win apparently.

Edited on by TheBaconator

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

1,112. Posted:

Found two female Lickitungs in the DW today (but went with the Poochyena I found since I like to get males first). Got a Dream Pal & visited a few people's areas. The forest was acting buggy today (even encountered some Japanese text).

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

Raylax

1,113. Posted:

Source: Bulbapedia
TOYS "R" US EVENT - NORTH AMERICA
You lucky, lucky America types can rush down to Toys "R" Us and get a 'Mystery Egg' for Pokémon Black & White. What does it contain? An Axew, a Pansage or a Pidove. Yep, that's right. Cancel everything folks, one of those is almost rare... ish. Sort of. Do they come with super-special moves? ...No. And, being in eggs, no hold items, no ribbons, and no other defining characteristics to say "I'M 36 YEARS OLD AND I WENT TO TOYS "R" US TO DOWNLOAD A WORTHLESS DIGITAL MONSTER TO MY HANDHELD TOY."

But hey, it's Pidove.
Untitled
F'ing yessssssss.

You Americans get all the awesome things. NoE hates us. Etc.

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,114. Posted:

Nuh- Uh. You guys get all teh good stuff with stuff coming out a day earlier then us and stuff.
Eff yea, Pidove

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

1,115. Posted:

Too bad I don't live anywhere near a Toys R' Us. Yes, apparently it's possible

Spiritloggery

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

1,116. Posted:

I hate Toys R' Us
I'm not wasting gas money to go there :P

@Tj
I think we "do" live in parallel worlds. O.o
I didn't see anyone close to your name, other then Tri-something, it started with a T

University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

1,117. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

I hate Toys R' Us
I'm not wasting gas money to go there :P

@Tj
I think we "do" live in parallel worlds. O.o
I didn't see anyone close to your name, other then Tri-something, it started with a T

My name is Tristen. It starts in "Tri"...o_______o

Spiritloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,118. Posted:

My lord,this easily beats the Toys R' Us Arceus event!
****in' Pidove,so awesomesauce!

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,119. Posted:

Like I said, you both live in Florida...

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

1,120. Posted:

The Toys R' US Arceus event was awesome! Although the actual Arceus was a bit unrewarding...

Spiritloggery