Forums

Topic: Pokemon Black & White

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,311

Percentful

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I bet that nobody will agree with me, but I think that a Custom Robo-like battle system would be great for Pokemon. They still have their four moves and HP, EXP, but you control them completely. It would be a great twist for the series, anyway. It would be a day 1 purchase for me if they did that.

So, sort of like a fancy pokemon rumble? I might like that...
I think I'd like it even better if you could choose the battle system you wanted to use!

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Raylax

Loving the look of this. I wonder though... given that GameFreak have said previously that they have 3DS development kits, and given the lower angle and total 3D employment here (DPPt and HGSS used 2D when inside most buildings), could Black and White be a game to 'bridge the gap' between the two consoles? Like when Oracle Of Ages/Seasons came out, putting it in a GBA would open up a special GBA-only shop. So whilst this is marketed and released primarily on the DS, reckon we could see it in real 3D when plugged into the 3DS? That would be awesome.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

cheetahman91

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I bet that nobody will agree with me, but I think that a Custom Robo-like battle system would be great for Pokemon. They still have their four moves and HP, EXP, but you control them completely. It would be a great twist for the series, anyway. It would be a day 1 purchase for me if they did that.

I would probably end up buying one if it was like that.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Bass_X0

JustYourAverageBleh wrote:

I think they should change the Battle scene aside from just two pokemon standing face to face and unleashing particular moves to lower the HP of the opponent. let's see how they can improve this.

why should they? they're not going to change the basics of what makes pokemon pokemon. clearly they can't do 600 different pokemon in 3D.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Infernape1000

Woah, Dice! Those scans are pretty cool. I can't wait for these games!

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

Bassman_Q

I think this just may contribute to the world ending in 2012.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Eel

finally, there will be some way to know which unnamed NPC is talking to you.
looking very good!
i just hope they dont end up making a whole industrial region filled with cars, giant buildings and pollution...

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HolyMackerel

How I feel about Pokemon nowadays:
Untitled

HolyMackerel

TwilightV

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Using items might make that difficult though... closest thing we have is the Mystery Dungeon series, but it limits the movements to being turn-based during battles (and eliminates humans...).

TwilightV

UNC5052

Whoever has HG or SS go to Celadon condominiums in Celadon City and go to the roof. It is in complete 3D and is viewed from a lower angle. This is how I expect most of Black and White to be going by the screenshots.

PSN- UNC5052

armoredghor

TwilightV
They could probably pull it off because you could pause computers and I'm pretty sure items aren't allowed in multiplayer but switching pokemon would be difficult. Maybe use the touch screen as a menu and abxy as attacks

armoredghor

turtlelink

I feel the region is going to be technology advanced. Look at the screen shots! Buildings, building backgrounds during battle! This game may be change pokemon just like how GSC did.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Paperclip

Aviator wrote:

No I agree, parents, particularly in America, will hope on the racism boat or as I like to call it, the S.S. Racist.

Today in America, there are still thousands of signs of racism, and there is no way Nintendo will be able to get this out without outrage.

New Pokemon Caucasian and Native American!

Check out my classy comics.

KingMike

Anybody want to guess how many will exist after this generation?
I'd guess 647, it seems to average around 33 new species a year when I figured the number of additions in each game compared to development time.
My calculation above, though, was a simple average of 493 Pokemon in D/P, and assuming a 16-year history of the series (D/P was released in 2006, and I've read that Red/Green's development actually began in 1990.), resulting in a 30.81/year average.

KingMike

Toon_Link

Starcross64 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

No I agree, parents, particularly in America, will hope on the racism boat or as I like to call it, the S.S. Racist.

Today in America, there are still thousands of signs of racism, and there is no way Nintendo will be able to get this out without outrage.

New Pokemon Caucasian and Native American!

coughAfricanAmericancough

Toon_Link

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.