Forums

Topic: Petit Computer QR Code Sharing Thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,621

boot

I can

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

Pixelrobin

NJimmaculate wrote:

Hey every body! I am here because I need help with a game I'm trying to make... I am trying to make a remake of sonic the hedgehog 1
I need help though I have very low programming skills
I need someone to teach me

Welcome and we are all here at your disposa[cough cough] service Ask away!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

bigdog00

Techydavid wrote:

anyone tryed my program? hope you like it.

Can I use this to vocalize text in CincOS?

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

IAmSpike

A remake of Sonic 1? That might be good. But it would take alotta programming skill.

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

Techydavid

bigdog00 wrote:

Techydavid wrote:

anyone tryed my program? hope you like it.

Can I use this to vocalize text in CincOS?

Vocalize? wrong program. its just a launcher. i don't even know HOW to vocalize.

Techydavid

randomous

Patrickwins wrote:

I'm trying to make my program recall the data it makes you enter. I've try using PRINT "N$", "N$;", ";N$", ";N$;", etc., and none of them work. They all just display a blank space ( ). What do I enter? ---8Program8---
PRINT "Name?"
INPUT N$
CLS
Your name is "N$".
CLS
Please Help!!

Try this:
INPUT "Name"; N$
CLS
PRINT "Your name is " N$

Don't clear the screen (CLS) after printing, as it will erase anything you've output. The INPUT in the beginning will print "Name?" on top of reading input into the variable N$. The question mark is auto generated by INPUT. Notice the semicolon ; is required if you're combining a print and an input like we've done. Print doesn't necessarily require things like commas for printing multiple things (like a quoted string followed by a variable). Try it out!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

randomous

Patrickwins wrote:

I just typed what I did for the program part, but my actual game doesn't look like that. It is a long text-based adventure game that recalls your name many times. Can I ever use CLS even once after INPUT "Name"; N$ ? And I noticed N$ was out of the quotation marks (In PRINT "Your name is " N$). I'll have the name in the middle of my sentences, so what do I do then? Sorry I didn't clarify sooner :-S

You can use CLS whenever you like. Even if you use it immediately after input, it'll still capture whatever you typed. As soon as you press "enter", it'll put the input into the variable, then go on to the next line (which could be whatever you want). If you want text before and after when printing, just put more text afterwards. For instance:

PRINT "Your name is " N$ ". That's a funny name."

Notice that N$ is not in the quotations, this is because BASIC will ignore pretty much anything within double quotes and just treat it as actual text. If you want it to be extra clear that N$ is not within the quotes, you can put semicolons between each part. For instance:

PRINT "Your name is "; N$; ". That's a funny name."

Will print the same as the previous one. This one is just more explicit-looking when it comes to the separation of variables and text. You can repeat this pretty much indefinitely, so you can have any combination of text and variables, as long as the variables are not within the double quotes. Hope this helps.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Techydavid

i know somebody here made petit chat. i would like to edit it and make a better user interface. maybe give it some more functionality. i'm already making the interface, , but have another question. how can you make it so the person can choose the name to save the MEM file? might help cuz people might not want to overwrite the existing files, and they could use it as a secret code [as in, if receive MEM.MEM, open and display.]

Techydavid

randomous

Techydavid wrote:

i know somebody here made petit chat. i would like to edit it and make a better user interface. maybe give it some more functionality. i'm already making the interface, , but have another question. how can you make it so the person can choose the name to save the MEM file? might help cuz people might not want to overwrite the existing files, and they could use it as a secret code [as in, if receive MEM.MEM, open and display.]

If I keep posting replies instead of QR codes, I'm going to get in trouble lol. Anyway, to save files using a variable rather than a hard-coded name, you can do something like this:

INPUT "File name"; NAME$
NAME$="MEM:"+NAME$
SAVE NAME$

And that's it! Notice that I'm prepending the "MEM:" to the front; this is because NAME$ by itself is just the name of the file, but when you save it, you need the type of file as well. Of course, since we haven't altered the MEM$ variable, this will just create an empty file.

randomous

IAmSpike

I can't scan ADVNTRE1.
Also, I need to know where you got that Firefox theme.
TELL ME.

Previously Philip.

IAmSpike

Well, the QRs are a little blurry. You should make a picture that's less blurry like the other two. I'll have to look up that persona later.

Previously Philip.

IAmSpike

OK! Added you.
Also, if you do see me online I'll probably be playing VVVVVV most of the time. Have an obsession with that game that I need to get over. Really.

It's 3 AM here... This is the second time I've been up this late and posted on the internet... I have no life...

Edited on by IAmSpike

Previously Philip.

Hairmanban19

Patrickwins wrote:

ADVNTRE1 is here!! GRP:YOUWIN http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrickwins/8596730206/in/photos... PRG:SPEECH01 http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrickwins/8596730260/in/photos... PRG:ADVNTRE1 http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrickwins/8595628407/in/photos... NOTE: Read the comments near the end of the game's code. It's probably going to suck because I have only worked on it for a week XD.
-end

I like it! I wish more people would make text adventure games like this one!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hairmanban19

I already have Unclesporkys adventure.Your text adventure is better!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

buny123

Patrickwins wrote:

I'll stop posting off-topic any day now...
I added your 3DS friend code. Here's mine: 1977-1482-5629 Meaper. Please add me. I'm on my 3DS a lot, 4:00-7:30 p.m. central time on weekdays, and almost all the time on weekends. It's spring break for us right now, so you can find me on regardless. Online games I have are:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Swapnote
Super Mario 3D Land
Streetpass Mii Plaza

I'm going to get Mario Kart 7 sometime around 2013-2014.

I'm going to sleep right now. I'll wake up on March 28 7:00 a.m. central time.

Super Mario 3D Land and Streetpass Mii Plaza aren't online games, and Swapnote's not even a game!

buny123

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0413-6584 | Twitter:

IAmSpike

Nice game. I entered "I have no idea" when it asked me for my name.
As for the timezone thing, I live in the west. So Pacific Time or something.

Edited on by IAmSpike

Previously Philip.

randomous

Patrickwins wrote:

To get ready for ADVNTRE2, you need to add a line of code to the end of SPEECH01. Please add

EXEC"ADVNTRE2"

and then save "SPEECH01" as "SPEECH01".

Also, @buny123, I added your 3DS friend code. Mine is in my profile. @randomouscrap98 Can you please tell me your 3DS friend code if you have one?

I'm sorry, I don't have one. I'm using my DSiXL lol.

randomous

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.