Forums

Topic: Petit Computer QR Code Sharing Thread

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,621

pHUNTERq

Discostew wrote:

I very much liked that.

Thanks, there are only some things I want to change up with ASCIIMAP before I'm done with it. Firstly I want to get the level editor done, and I want screens to save, like if you pick up a bomb, then leave the screen and come back, the bomb wont be there any more. I'm still trying to figure out a reliable way to do this, preferably without arrays for each screen.

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8964-7467

KiwiFruit

Maybe you could have a item ID system. Once the player collects that item, then BOMB1=1. Then when that same map get loaded, it can check if that variable been flipped to 1 and then draw the blank tile instead.

KiwiFruit

Discostew

Much like KiwiFruit suggests, you could save the state of objects/items. I don't know how big the maps would be, but consider an array of global states. In each sub area, have objects/items reference a specific global state. If it is 0, then set that item onto the map. If it is 1, then ignore placing the item. When you've got that settled, you can attempt to have global states based on bits of an array element instead of the elements themselves. Each numerical variable/element is a 32-bit number (19 integer, 12 decimal, 1 sign), which means you can have 32 states within one single variable/element. With a 256 element array, you could have 8192 states.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

pHUNTERq

Thats a good idea, but I thought of another solution. when I'm done with my game, it's going to load in a graphics file with the data of the screens in it. So if I edit the graphics with gpset, I can easily change what does, and doesn't show up, without saving to the graphics. This will probably be a solution I'll add later, since right now, it just uses data for the level, and I need to be finished with my editor first.

edit: Oh and the max size for a map is probably going to be 5x5 screens. And each screen is 20x20 tiles

Edited on by pHUNTERq

steriaca

KiwiFruit wrote:

I tried Bomb2. There was a syntax error, so I changed the @ to a 2 and the game works. Very interesting game. Now I have to go out and buy a new DSiXL and a copy of Petit Computer ><.

Thank you for finding that error. There is anoter one which will make the program go on a forever loop. On line 168, I wrote: PRINT " (Y/N Only)" ;PA2$
I ment to write: INPUT instead of PRINT .

Sorry for the inconvieance. 2 wrong lines out of 100+ lines of code is good.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

portealmario

@smartman sorry, I was stupid not to explain, on earlier versions it is 1234, on the newest, you must run the "pass" program before your first time running awe3p to set the passcode.

meng 😐
3ds friend code:1762-2769-7142

steriaca

Im haveing problems with my photos of my QRs. Do you think it would be bad on my part if I only put up source code on the Petit Computer Wikia?

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

KiwiFruit

Do you have PrnScn key and a paint program on your computer? You can press PrnSrn key of the QR code on screen, and open paint, then go to edit, then paste. You can crop out the desktop and stuff and keep the QR code.

KiwiFruit

smartman789

portealmario wrote:

@smartman sorry, I was stupid not to explain, on earlier versions it is 1234, on the newest, you must run the "pass" program before your first time running awe3p to set the passcode.

It's ok. I actually found out that when you select "write program" you can load other previously made programs and view the lines of code.

smartman789

IAmSpike

Untitled
It's a magic 8-Ball. I got the responses in it from here. Enjoy.

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

swordx

pHUNTERq wrote:

Here is what I've made so far, It's kinda like the first zelda with the top down view, but more like a puzzle game. I used text as graphics but well, this is my first big project, and I wanted to keep it kinda simple with the graphics. Anyways, here's the QR: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/asciimap.png/

Oh and when you first run it, it will ask if you want to load a map, just press B for no, pressing A will most likely cause an error due to the fact you don't have the required file or something. I'm trying to make a level editor for this, so that'll be fun

Please finish this game! It's really cool!

swordx

pHUNTERq

Right now I'm working on a level editor, so when I get that done I'll start making more progress on the main game.

swordx

pHUNTERq wrote:

Right now I'm working on a level editor, so when I get that done I'll start making more progress on the main game.

Do you have any story ideas yet? And also, do you plan on making more game mechanics?

swordx

pHUNTERq

No I don't have anything for a story, I probably wont have one unless I feel like it needs it. As for game mechanics, yes, I plan on adding enemies and pushable blocks, and maybe conveyor belts. I wont start on this for a bit though, I still need to make the editor like I said but I'm stuck on saving and loading maps right now. Also thanks for your feedback, it means allot when someone likes something you make

Edited on by pHUNTERq

shadowwinds

hello i am increadibly new at this (i literaly got petit computer yesterday) and i was wondering if someone could help me learn the basics for making a pet battle simulator game in it? (i was thinking something like a mix of tamagotchi and pokemon)

Edited on by shadowwinds

omnomnomnom metaphorical cake
3ds friend code: 4640-0397-5198
current petit computer prodject: peticle:the epic pet battleing game

Eel

petiSnail wrote:

Here is a little binary (or analog?) clock I made for fun yesterday. Tap the touchscreen for a hint if you can't read binary
Untitled

Oh hey this one is pretty nifty. I love the toc sound it does and the binary "led" display.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

shadowwinds

hey im having trouble posting qr codes can someone tell me how so i can show my charicter selection program? (i feel really stupid asking this question)

shadowwinds

hello I'm back (not that anyone cares) but I'm working on a battle pet game and I would like to add an Easter egg that plays the nyan cat song so I'm asking ChangeV or whoever made the nyan cat program's permission to use it

Edited on by shadowwinds

ChangeV

s-h-a-d-o-w-w-i-n-d-s wrote:

I'm asking ChangeV or whoever made the nyan cat program's permission to use it

Sure. you can use the MML music.
(It took several days to convert MID into MML format. MID file -> printout score with Final NotePad2012 -> wrote MML on paper -> petit Nyancat!)

by the way, Here is my second project for Petit Computer.
it is a simple 10-stage block-pushing puzzle.

It is a remake of old BASIC game from old game making book for MSX computer.
It is a simple block pushing puzzle game.
Control left or right player to push blocks and move all balls to bottom.
but, if both players are on same line, they will not push at all.
it sounds easy, but it is pretty hard.

here is source code in QR-code format.
http://changevworld.com/jawsvsoft/gfx/stonball_QR.png

Here is solution for stage 1 and 2.
BUT, If you don't want to spoil the fun of solving first 2 stages, don't watch this video.

Edited on by ChangeV

ChangeV

shadowwinds

thanks by the way heres a hint to find the Easter egg:
when you can make 16 or 32 make the number 65 instead.
try and solve it

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.