Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 9,061 to 9,080 of 9,620

InsertPi

@damolii yes, it will work with DATA. Just set it into a string. Second, put the engine into a subroutine. Then it'll be much easier to use.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

LeviCelJir

Well I didn't take the advice and made the game cover before the game >.<
Untitled
such guilts

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

randomous

@Discostew @Morpheel Thanks, I guess I'll have to come up with something else or just deal with the sound. The helicopter is too choppy by the way.

randomous

bigdog00

@moorpheel I friended you.
Do you have MK7?

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

damolii

@IAmAPersson Thank you. I still don't completely get how to use DATA in this process, but I'll get it sooner or later.

The next thing I'm going to talk about is off-topic, but it is very urgent to me. Yesterday, my DSi suddenly went to max volume when it reached low battery and the red light shone. It did this by itself, and I thought it weird but I did not think it had an effect on it. Now however, I can't control the volume at all anymore. I went to DSi Sound to manually shift it down there, but it literally just went back up by itself (I would put it on low, and it gradually increased the volume, I could even see it on the screen as it adjusted the volume). Now I don't know what to do. The volume's too loud to do anything. I don't want to have to plug in my earphones just to decrease the noise every time I use my DSi. I've researched as much information on this subject as I can, and suggestions range from using a toothbrush to clean dirt off the area, to removing the back of the DSi and adjusting items. I have tried the former, but I do not want to try the latter, as I fear I could break the device. I am posting this on this forum because I don't know what to do about this situation, and I'm running out of ideas.....

Edited on by damolii

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

LeviCelJir

damolii wrote:

@IAmAPersson Thank you. I still don't completely get how to use DATA in this process, but I'll get it sooner or later.

The next thing I'm going to talk about is off-topic, but it is very urgent to me. Yesterday, my DSi suddenly went to max volume when it reached low battery and the red light shone. It did this by itself, and I thought it weird but I did not think it had an effect on it. Now however, I can't control the volume at all anymore. I went to DSi Sound to manually shift it down there, but it literally just went back up by itself (I would put it on low, and it gradually increased the volume, I could even see it on the screen as it adjusted the volume). Now I don't know what to do. The volume's too loud to do anything. I don't want to have to plug in my earphones just to decrease the noise every time I use my DSi. I've researched as much information on this subject as I can, and suggestions range from using a toothbrush to clean dirt off the area, to removing the back of the DSi and adjusting items. I have tried the former, but I do not want to try the latter, as I fear I could break the device. I am posting this on this forum because I don't know what to do about this situation, and I'm running out of ideas.....

glue the slider down

Zalkia-ent

@leviseljir did you use photoshop?it might do a better job for combining photo's like that .but it might take a while to make it.and the fact that you put the petit computer cover to the right is awesome!good luck with your game!

email:[email protected]
if facebook,myspace,instagram and twitter were all shut down, 90% of the teenage population would go insane. if your one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy&past this to your signature and hope it happens. Wait... NO!

LeviCelJir

Zane-dude wrote:

@leviseljir did you use photoshop?it might do a better job for combining photo's like that .but it might take a while to make it.and the fact that you put the petit computer cover to the right is awesome!good luck with your game!

Thanks. No I actually used online photo editors with this Untitled
all I had to do was white out any things in the way and filled the background with black and put numbers on it and the name

damolii

@LeviCelJir Thanks for the advice, but I got it fixed. Apparently, it must've been a dust problem, as using the toothbrush did work eventually (I cleaned it, then left it all night to dry, and it worked). Crisis averted Also, DSi has touch buttons, not a slider....

LeviCelJir

damolii wrote:

@LeviCelJir Thanks for the advice, but I got it fixed. Apparently, it must've been a dust problem, as using the toothbrush did work eventually (I cleaned it, then left it all night to dry, and it worked). Crisis averted Also, DSi has touch buttons, not a slider....

oh lol

Mariominer

I have made a slight modification to Iamapersson's text scroller. ONLY THE BEEP STATEMENT. This makes it have noises for different sounds, like a or b. So say BEEP 13 (or x ), 0, ASC(MID$(TEXT$,I,1))*1.5 And you have a functional AC beeper! Just play around with it to optimize it.

Like a boss? Please, I AM a boss. You're welcome

3DS Friend Code: 1543-5315-3818 | Nintendo Network ID: Storybookten9

Discostew

Quick question (and this may sound shocking coming from me, but I don't have my 3DS with me to check):

I believe SPSET resets everything (like position, animation, etc), but does SPCHR do that? Like, if I call SPANIM, and then midway through the animation, I call SPCHR, would it reset the animation to the beginning of where SPCHR sets, or continue on at whatever frame it is at with the new offset being where the index is set with SPCHR? Here's an example of what I mean.

Suppose the character index is at 0, and I set the animation for 4 frames, so it would animate like this: 0, 1, 2, 3, 0, 1, 2, 3, etc.
Supposed when it is at 2, I change the sprite with SPCHR so now the starting character index is 16. Would it then automatically be at 18 to proceed to 19 and then wrap back to 16 to do the sequence of: 16, 17, 18, 19 - or would it reset the animation to start it at 16?

This is very important as it may bring about a major performance improvement in my sprite handler.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

GraphicGenius

I will be doing Petit Computer less sadly but I am making a JavaScript forum so you could learn from it!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

randomous

@Discostew The animation offset is kept. For instance, if we originally had a sprite which used character 8 and had a 4 frame animation, the sequence would be 8 9 10 11 8 9 10 11 etc. The offsets would thus be 0 1 2 3 etc. Let's say we're currently on frame 3, or character 10 in this case (offset 2). If we used SPCHR to change the sprite to 16, the sprite would show up immediately as 18, since the animation offset is kept. It still does the normal animation of 16 17 18 19 etc., just as you say, it starts in the "middle" of the animation.

Edit: Gosh, that was way too much just to say "No, the animation doesn't reset".

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Discostew

@randomous Thanks. Now I can begin altering my code to take advantage of that. Right now, every sprite has to be processed through the update phase each frame. Even if a sprite is not animated, it does have a frame counter going from 0 to MAX_INT to keep the system stable. By eliminating any sprites that have a constant delay between all frames in an animation (or animations that have an end to them and don't just loop around), it reduces the workload the update phase must endure. A screen filled with 16 sprites may then only have to deal with 8 of them after this.

This would have all been easier if the developers designed SPANIM to also use arrays for both frame offset and frame delays.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

TexMurphy

@Discostew In the Miku2 game, I created a sprite with SPSET. I animated the sprite with 3 to 4 frames. Then I changed the sprite to a sprite that did not have 3 to 4 frames. The animation continued but went beyond the frames I had for that particular sprite. With larger sprites its hard to give the same amount of frames to every change. Like walking (3 frames) to jumping 1 frame. I may have to halt the animation.
I have been working on Mortal Kombat PTC edition. I have the theme music and the character selection screen done.

Edited on by TexMurphy

TexMurphy

Discostew

Other than reducing the processing, the other reason for this is because there is no built-in method to make a sprite disappear or flash and retain positioning and such. I know I could do things like moving them off the screen, but that would mess with the collision system. I currently set up a 64x64 block that is completely blank, and when I want my sprites to flash, I switch them back and forth to that block. Since I do all my animations manually, it allowed me to do this capability fairly easy. Now I can expand on that with the more simplistic animations using the built-in functions.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

damolii

@IAmAPersson I'm still having trouble using DATA for your text scrolled. Any explanation would be appreciated l. , .l

Slayer

Is there a way to repeat a command's effects with a different variable outcome? As I adjust the health bar code I need something like this.

Edit: That was interesting. I learned how to put aimbot into my own game. I edited some SPOFS code and wherever I aimed the zombie sprite would follow the aiming crosshair. It aimed FOR me. It was amusing and weird at the same time. I can hack my own game now.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic