Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 9,001 to 9,020 of 9,620

Espurr

@LeviCelJir Maybe.... Islands in the sky?

"The heart has reasons the mind knows nothing of."-Blaise Pascal
Pokemon X Friend Code:3883-5184-5725
Safari: Grass
Pokemon: Pansage, Sawsbuck (Spring), Gogoat.

LeviCelJir

Espurr wrote:

That would take a GRP... And it wouldn't fit the style so sorry but no

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

InsertPi

Okay, the C# PTC class is almost done! I just have to add a few more commands, fix some issues, and test. The .dll file should be public by Thursday, along with a guide on using it and syntax (it's virtually the same with minor adjustments).

NOTE: I could not add graphics, sprites, backgrounds, etc. to the class, but I will release some methods for graphics later on.

NOTE: The PTC class is not simply SmileBasic! I included as many commands as I could, but it is meant to work alongside C#. It does not include FOR, IF, etc. because at that point, it'd be way too slow and hard to use.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Espurr

LeviCelJir wrote:

Espurr wrote:

Oh... well... Maybe we can go underwater...?

LeviCelJir

Espurr wrote:

LeviCelJir wrote:

Espurr wrote:

Oh... well... Maybe we can go underwater...?

Water is hard to make and why would you need to?

ShadowGame

After a long time, I'm back and I'm going to develope new games!

But at first, I have a question @IAmAPerson :
I only can code in BASIC, but I want to develope for other platforms too, so I wanted to make something like the SimpleC Interpreter in Python (for graphics I'm using PyGame) on PC. But for that I wanted to know how you made SimpleC.
How does SimpleC check if the user writes a variable in a line or want to load images?
I hope you can help me
Thanks in advance!

Edit: I have forgotten something
Ho do I make scrolling like in a platformer game?
Thanks

Edited on by ShadowGame

ShadowGame

InsertPi

@ShadowGame if you want to learn a new programming language, you should start with something simpler, like a calculator or something like that. The SimpleC interpreter is, even for the language's simplicity, very complicated. Basicly, it searches through the data for commands and compares it to the line. If it finds a match, it'll go to that section of code dedicated to that command, which reads the parameters and executes the command accordingly.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

ShadowGame

IAmAPersson wrote:

@ShadowGame if you want to learn a new programming language, you should start with something simpler, like a calculator or something like that. The SimpleC interpreter is, even for the language's simplicity, very complicated. Basicly, it searches through the data for commands and compares it to the line. If it finds a match, it'll go to that section of code dedicated to that command, which reads the parameters and executes the command accordingly.

@IAmAPerson
Thanks for your fast answer!
Well, I read a book about Python so I'm not really new to programming in it
I think I could get problems with variables and loading images, because my program have to look wich is the command, wich is the variable itself and so on.
Could you please tell me, how you did this?
Thanks in advance.

ShadowGame

Gimmemorecoinz

Should I make a new video tutorial series called "Petit computer for dummies" ?
Yes or no?
It would include everything I know about petit computer and if there's requests on a video covering a specific thing in ptc, then
people can let me know and i'll make it. I just wanna make sure I'm not wasting time with this idea. And that people are actually interested before I start.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

I'm not trying to advertise but for those of you who may want it I am starting a new video series called Petit Computer For Dumbies.
I may create alot of these. Here is the first one. This link will work when the video is done uploading. It's still uploading.
It's in HD and the raw file is 1.30 GB I have no idea how youtube will handle an hd video like this or if it will offer lower resolutions.
I know some people don't have the bandwidth to watch these quality videos.
Here is the link to part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBSsCSdRC9Q&feature=youtu.be
I will make a few more today possibly and upload them I want to get straight from making variables to making text games in a few short lessons.
Then i'll start teaching about menus...maybe. We'll see where it goes!

Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

InsertPi

Okay, I got done a bit early. Here's the C# PTC class (100% safe download):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ui366i1070l3u3r/SmileB.dll

To use it:
Download it
Go to your solution
Include a reference for it
At the top of the code, put in the following code:

using SmileB;

In your method you'll be using it in, put in the following code:

SmileB.SmileB ptc = new SmileB.SmileB();

Now you can do:

ptc.<command here>;

A list of commands, abilities, and changed syntax will be available by Thursday.

Espurr

Hey, what idea is more appealing? A Fallout-style game, or an ES: Arena game?

bigdog00

LeviCelJir wrote:

I'm just going to say what I plan to add to rayspace more as a reminder to me but:
Campaign wise:
9 missions
mission 1 will take place in a forest
mission 2 will take place in a forerunner ruins
mission 3 will take place in an unsc base
mission 4 will take place in a desert
mission 5 will take place in icy mountains
mission 6 will take place in an covenant ship
mission 7 will take place in an unsc ship
mission 8 will take place in a covenant base
mission 9 will be the last mission haven't decided how to end it yet

Firefight wise:
multiple maps
a few enemy types
5 waves
settings and junk

Multiplayer wise:
Not real multiplayer everyone are bots
a few maps that work with every gametype
few gametypes
settings and junk
fun

Menu wise:
make fancy menus

Can't wait and I told you MP was possible! So, when are you going to post QR's ? Also, did you get weapon drops to work?

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

bigdog00

And also, my friends and I are making a PC game that is an Real Time Strategy mixed with a real time tower defense game. You can send troops and bombing raids to attack other bases, and use your amassed money to upgrade defenses (such as an AAcannon.) Your fortress can become a military base or an empire, each with its pros and cons. Anyway, I am also porting it over to PTC. Tell me what you think! I will post screenshots next week(ish).

Edited on by bigdog00

Espurr

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Ok.

Slayer

Going to focus on tech and programming education, since my accent work is rare. Any tutorial recommendations are helpful.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Gimmemorecoinz
funny you ask this is a tutorial series i'm starting for petit computer. if I learn enough about C or C++ i'll be creating tutorials for using
tools like visual C++, android ADT bundle.. with eclipse. and various other tools ... for making games.
I'll be writing videos about Ai and ranting about AI and also doing play throughs of games again soon..

LeviCelJir

bigdog00 wrote:

LeviCelJir wrote:

I'm just going to say what I plan to add to rayspace more as a reminder to me but:
Campaign wise:
9 missions
mission 1 will take place in a forest
mission 2 will take place in a forerunner ruins
mission 3 will take place in an unsc base
mission 4 will take place in a desert
mission 5 will take place in icy mountains
mission 6 will take place in an covenant ship
mission 7 will take place in an unsc ship
mission 8 will take place in a covenant base
mission 9 will be the last mission haven't decided how to end it yet

Firefight wise:
multiple maps
a few enemy types
5 waves
settings and junk

Multiplayer wise:
Not real multiplayer everyone are bots
a few maps that work with every gametype
few gametypes
settings and junk
fun

Menu wise:
make fancy menus

Can't wait and I told you MP was possible! So, when are you going to post QR's ? Also, did you get weapon drops to work?

lol its not done yet but when its playable I will make a second demu (more like first) actually I got that idea from you for mp do you want credit for it? and I still need to make enemy weapons to drop all there is right now is the energy sword and it does nothing at all.

bigdog00

If novody is interested in this sort of game then tell me. It was only a concept.

Edited on by bigdog00

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic