Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,441 to 8,460 of 9,620

damolii

0Games wrote:

If I haven't been posting I got Battlefield 4 with a boss new PC. I'm also learning Latin so I have my hands full.
@damolii Sprite quality and background...? I feel like I don't know what I'm doing... Why do you need that?

Not to sound like some flamboyant artist or something, but I want to match the background as much as I can with the instruments I'll use. For example, you probably wouldn't want me to use waveforms over GBA-style sprites. Just listen to the song I posted a few posts back, and tell me if it is ok....

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

InsertPi

Minecraft DS is officially on its way for language support for:

English
German (Deutsch)
French (Français)
Japanese (something here)

The program now has the engine for multiple languages, and I've already started on German!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

damolii

IAmAPersson wrote:

Minecraft DS is officially on its way for language support for:

English
German (Deutsch)
French (Français)
Japanese (something here)

The program now has the engine for multiple languages, and I've already started on German!

I'll do Spanish.....

Gimmemorecoinz

I need help. So if anyone can help me it'd be greatly appreciated. I need a full midi file of this:

It's the oracle of ages intro theme.
Either that or somone find a way to convert the raw .gbs file because I have that to.
OR if somone wants to be nice enough they could re compose it for petit computer.
o.0 I"m looking at you @Randomouscrap98 if you have the time.

The reason is because I have a nice surprise coming up soon. And I'm only four seconds into it... o.o but i've spent an hour on four seconds. x.x

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Lego-Meister

IAmAPersson wrote:

@JLMan I just remembered that German has the following letters that are not supported by PTC: ä, ö, ü, ß. What should I do? I can (informally) replace "ß" with "ss" but I don't know what to do about the umlaut (double dotted) letters.

Just replace some of the special characters with custom characters.

Edited on by Lego-Meister

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1447-0455 | Nintendo Network ID: Legos-Meister

TobuKatsu

i need help wit one thing. i want to make an rpg with SCU but i dont know how to use data that way.I want to use data to arrange the scus like

DATA M1,M2
DATA M3,M4
etc.

3DS FC : 4613 - 7463 - 3640
我的名字是TobuKatsu。Меня зовут ТобуКатсу. 私の名前はトブカツです。나는 이름을 케이린 입니다.
很高兴认识你。Очень приятно. よろしくお願いします。 만나서 반가워요.

GraphicGenius

Hi everyone I'm back from about a month and I'm back to work on my pong clone!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

TobuKatsu

Randomouse and/or Diiscostew, how did you learn ptc so well?

Discostew

TobuKatsu wrote:

PTC wasn't too hard to learn because I understood the BASIC programming language fairly well prior to it releasing (even though I'm more of a C/C++ sort of guy). Learning programming at the age of 7 back in 1988 helped, where I learned GW-BASIC, and had programming in my veins ever since. No one is expected to create masterpieces from the get-go. Familiarize yourself with the language and how it operates before you dive into programming logic. Start with small projects.

Just to let you know, this is to be my first "completed" project outside of school, and I've had so many projects start and fail prior to this that I have lost count.

TobuKatsu wrote:

i need help wit one thing. i want to make an rpg with SCU but i dont know how to use data that way.I want to use data to arrange the scus like

DATA M1,M2
DATA M3,M4
etc.

You need to give us more information. Describe how you want it to operate. Give us an example game that you want it to behave like, just so it will give us an idea of what you're looking for, because that may determine whether SCRs will be valid to use.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

TobuKatsu

Discostew wrote:

TobuKatsu wrote:

PTC wasn't too hard to learn because I understood the BASIC programming language fairly well prior to it releasing (even though I'm more of a C/C++ sort of guy). Learning programming at the age of 7 back in 1988 helped, where I learned GW-BASIC, and had programming in my veins ever since. No one is expected to create masterpieces from the get-go. Familiarize yourself with the language and how it operates before you dive into programming logic. Start with small projects.

Just to let you know, this is to be my first "completed" project outside of school, and I've had so many projects start and fail prior to this that I have lost count.

TobuKatsu wrote:

DATA M1,M2
DATA M3,M4
etc.

You need to give us more information. Describe how you want it to operate. Give us an example game that you want it to behave like, just so it will give us an idea of what you're looking for, because that may determine whether SCRs will be valid to use.

I want it to have multiple SCUs for maps, im using
IF X coordinates==number AND Y coordinates==number THEN IF B==1 THEN PY=PY+2
as walls and I want to make it so where if he steps on certain coordinates on the map, the map changes and so does the IF walls collision.

InsertPi

@TobuKatsu if you're making maps with SCUs, you might want to try a MAP(,) array instead. It's simply a two dimentional array where you can check collision like this:

IF MAP(X COORD,Y COORD)>0 THEN ...

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

InsertPi

@Discostew @AnyoneElse I have a question. I want lag reduction in my games, and I was told that to reduce lag, instead of

VAR=2*3
DERP=VAR+5

you should do

DERP=(2*3)+5

to increase speed. Well now we get to the fun part. Let's say we have two programs; below is written program #1 and #2 respectively:

VAR=2+2
OTHERVAR=VAR*3

--

OTHERVAR=(2+2)*3

How many times would program #2 have to loop to match the runtime of program number one? In other words, how much faster is it to read a variable than to assign one?

Edited on by InsertPi

TobuKatsu

@IAmAPersson
I didnt think of that! Thanks Persson!Ill try it!

Edited on by TobuKatsu

damolii

@Randomous I need your assistance on a matter. I have found the instrument that sounds similar to the instrument used in most GBC melodies, but I can not seem to find the usual bass. Do you have any idea which one that might be??
@IAmAPersson I'm probably under-thinking this, but they seem to result to the same number. Based on this, I would probably pick #2 because it seems more efficient. I'm probably wrong, but I'm just noting my observations.

Edited on by damolii

InsertPi

@Damolii I know that the second one is faster; my question was how much faster?

TobuKatsu

IAmAPersson wrote:

@Damolii I know that the second one is faster; my question was how much faster?

Your code didnt work, it keeps saying subscript out of range

InsertPi

@TobuKatsu you need to declare the array first with DIM.

TobuKatsu

IAmAPersson wrote:

@TobuKatsu you need to declare the array first with DIM.

I know, i did all that, the map prints out and every thing, it says the error is on the line with
IF MAP(PX,PY) THEN PY=PY+16

InsertPi

@TobuKatsu the only thing I can think of is to DIM the array bigger.

TobuKatsu

IAmAPersson wrote:

@TobuKatsu the only thing I can think of is to DIM the array bigger.

I made the array so that its exact as the screen size
DIM MAP(32,24)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic