Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 841 to 860 of 9,620

Sprite

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

Sprite wrote:

I sent out my 3DS. I hope it will get back soon

Wishing you and your DS the best of luck.

Edit: Also, I made my first program in Visual Basic, so far I can only make message boxes appear, so I'll be sticking to SmileBASIC for a while...

Thank you. (salute)

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.
Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

neoxid500

Project HELP!
Okay, so I'm making a game where I need my character to drop a bomb and it will go off after a certain amount of time. I've already tried the wait command, however this locks my player in place; here's the setup so far...

@BOMB
IF BOMB != 1 THEN SPSET 20, 28, 0, 0, 0 ,0
BOMB = 1
SPSCALE 20, 75 : SPOFS 20, IX, IY (IX and IY are the coordinate variables)
FOR I=0 TO 1800
I=I+1
NEXT I
BEEP 5
RETURN
Honestly I'm not that great with the "FOR" command
So if someone could explain it to me, and help me find a way to have my bomb wait for around 3 seconds before BEEP 5 without using the WAIT command (because that stops my character in place) please let me know, TY!

neoxid500

GrabSomeEyes

Well... today's just been a bunch of unfortunate coding mishaps...
First I realized 1/4 of the code I've done over the past few days (which I think is a few hundred lines of code) is utterly useless, unless I made a mistake somewhere else, which I'm 99% certain I didn't.
Next, when I finally went through and deleted that 1/4th, I saved my work and relaxed, I then looked back at my DS and in horror saw I accidentally loaded the previous version instead of saving over it. sigh

Eos OS: http://conlogxl.forumotion.com/t12-eos-os-v10
3DS FC: 3695-0514-5044

Eel

@neoxid500: If you want your character to be able to move while it waits for the bomb to explode, you'll need another, shorter subroutine to check the time and make sure works along the "main" code of the game,
Remember, these programs are linear, that means that if the program is doing something, nothing else can happen until it finishes what it is doing,

@GrabSomeEyes: That happpens to me all the time Don't worry, even though you lost your progess, you already know what to do and will probably end up doing it better this time.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GrabSomeEyes

Morphtroid wrote:

@GrabSomeEyes: That happpens to me all the time Don't worry, even though you lost your progess, you already know what to do and will probably end up doing it better this time.

Thanks, I ended up getting it finished again in just a few minutes, so it wasn't that big a deal anyhow, just annoying. I think it's basically the same as it was last time right now, so nothing gained, and nothing lost except a few minutes.
Also, just remembered, earlier today I loaded up and worked on an older version of my program rather than the newest. That added about eighty more lines of coding, and I realized when I was finally finished with the two hundred thirty-four lines of coding I did today that I had to go back through all of my coding and take out four lines of code per screen. :I
Anyway, I got done what I wanted to get done and now I can move onto bigger and better things, so I'm happy.

portealmario

I think I am releasing the final version of my โ€œosโ€ either this weekend, or next. Then I will start on a couple of other projects, such as: a platformer game, and a windows clone. I am also having fun programming in ti-BASIC on my calculator! If only prtit computer had a built-in qr code converter.

Edited on by portealmario

meng ๐Ÿ˜
3ds friend code:1762-2769-7142

ramstrong

neoxid500 wrote:

Project HELP!
Okay, so I'm making a game where I need my character to drop a bomb and it will go off after a certain amount of time. I've already tried the wait command, however this locks my player in place;

Try this:
SPSET 1,74,0,0,0,0
SPHOME 1,8,8

@INIT
CLS
SPSCALE 1,100
SPOFS 1,128,96
SPANIM 1,2,30,3 :'STARTS THE BOMB, PULSE FOR 3 SEC

@LOOP
VSYNC 1
LOCATE 0,0:?TIME$
IF SPCHK(1)==0 THEN GOSUB @BOOM :'<== CHECKS THE BOMB
IF BUTTON(0) GOTO @INIT
GOTO @LOOP

@BOOM
?"BOOM!"
SPSCALE 1,200,3:WAIT 3:SPOFS 1,-50,-50
RETURN

Morphtroid wrote:

Remember, these programs are linear, that means that if the program is doing something, nothing else can happen until it finishes what it is doing,

Unless you take advantage of the background process BGM, SPrite, BG and the like.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Eel

Oh yeah, like adding interpolation time to commands that allow it, I haven't gotten too deep with that though (haven't done anything where several things happen at the same time).

I may experiment with it some day see what happens.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

portealmario

I finished modifying raycaster. It has a portal-like white texture, a cheap portal gun in the bottom right corner(with added effects), and a map(which,if you have played portal and focus hard, you will notice that it slightly resembles levels 0 and 1 of portal.) And, as I said in the qr code thread, the Q variable controls the quality, so I changed it to get higher fps.

meng ๐Ÿ˜

Sprite

portealmario wrote:

I finished modifying raycaster. It has a portal-like white texture, a cheap portal gun in the bottom right corner(with added effects), and a map(which,if you have played portal and focus hard, you will notice that it slightly resembles levels 0 and 1 of portal.) And, as I said in the qr code thread, the Q variable controls the quality, so I changed it to get higher fps.

When will you post QRs?

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.

portealmario

@sprite today
and here are the qr codes fore the final version of Awesome^3 os:
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

btw, don't get too excited about the awe3p program, the chr tile is there so I can use a mouse I made in it.

here are the raycaster mods:
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

meng ๐Ÿ˜

GrabSomeEyes

So, this may be (is) a stupid question, but I've seen the copyright symbol used before, I assumed it was a sprite they had inserted into their program, but looking into their coding it doesn't seem like it.
Anybody know of ways to use characters not readily available on Petit Computer?
Edit: The game was called Nicogame, and two things I want to note:
1) The text in the program editor was in a different font.
2) The game was made in Japan from what I can assume.

Edited on by GrabSomeEyes

portealmario

@grabsomeeyes try creating a bgf file in CHRED
here is an interesting program that I made, I just couldn't get the touch screen controlls to work, so it just uses inkey$:
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

meng ๐Ÿ˜

GrabSomeEyes

portealmario wrote:

Will do, somehow didn't see your last post, can't wait to try your program.
Edit: Oh wow. Thanks so much, can't believe I missed that.

portealmario

sorry for filling up the thread with these qr codes!

meng ๐Ÿ˜

GrabSomeEyes

portealmario wrote:

So, I finished up my characters, tried saving, was only allowed to save a CHR file as far as I could tell, was flashed an error message when I saved, and then the program quit on me with all my work.
I'm planning on doing a better layout anyway, but if it happens again, I'm probably going to be at a loss.
Edit: Got it this time.

Sprite

It was confusing to download but worth it and I was going to use that same idea for my OS but ya beat me to it Cool portal and minecraft

GrabSomeEyes

Sprite wrote:

It was confusing to download but worth it and I was going to use that same idea for my OS but ya beat me to it Cool portal and minecraft

I still haven't taken a look at the new version of Awesome^3, I did see a program using a mouse like Windows 95 style in the Japanese program listings, http://wiki.hosiken.jp/petc/?Toukou%2FOTYAX%20%28OS%A4%E2%A4%...
BGF files is going to take some experimentation... I got it but... just a bit weird how my layout is now that I'm actually trying to use it.

Edit: @portealmario GAH, I couldn't get your QR codes to work again. :I

KAHN

i was browsing facebook, and look who's program QR CODES ended up being posted on Petit Computer's facebook page? kudos to you, @Morphtroid (blocked out all personal info. with paint thank you, staff.) i had to post this to 9gag so i could make an image url then i quickly deleted it.

Untitled

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic