Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,361 to 8,380 of 9,620

randomous

@VincentFaraday I agree with @ramstrong; I think you should make a new keyboard. It's actually not that hard; you don't have to program each button individually if you do it right. If you divide the screen into quadrants, you can convert a touch coordinate to a quadrant by dividing by the quadrant size and flooring it. Then, you just have to create an array which maps the quadrants to key codes/character codes/whatever, and you've got yourself a keyboard! I can make an example if you want. If you get really fancy, you can even make the keys in a slightly off-set grid like a real keyboard, and all you'd need to change is the function which turns quadrants into key codes.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

VincentFaraday

@randomous and @ramstrong Thanks for for the advice. I didn't think of making my own keyboard (too obvious lol).
On a side note, I started working on Hawthorne Effect again. The optional touch screen controls have been finished, and thanks to you @randomous I have been able to move the sprites to the lower screen. I still have more work to do, but it's getting there. :]

EDIT: @randomous If you have a example keyboard I could look at, then that would be great!

Edited on by VincentFaraday

I wish I was on the Enterprise.

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8460-1195

randomous

@VincentFaraday

Untitled

I only just made this, and I made it quick, so I'm sorry if it looks awful. I just wanted to get the keyboard idea across, not make a full keyboard program. I fill up the key codes with random values, but you could instead make a data section and fill it with your own. Then you could map the values to the values represented in your own custom font and bam, you've got a new keyboard! You can also add fancy graphic stuff like a visual key depress or something.

randomous

Discostew

bleh, ran into a snag with my project with regard to dealing with tiles, so I had to go back to the "drawing" board to extend its capacity at a possible reduction in drawing efficiency. Time will tell if it will be a true problem, or even a possible speed-up, as instead of doing a few calculations and using BGCOPY, I'm now doing a little less calculation and 4 BGPUTs per tile.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

randomous

@Discostew I feel like the latter would be slower just because BGCOPY is essentially doing a batch of BGPUT for you, but in nice, compiled code instead of interpreted code. Then again, if the code to do the extra calculations is a bit much, you might just save on interpretation by using 4 BGPUTs. Like you said, time will tell.

randomous

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong. You know what? I'll just have enemies dig their faces into walls. A* would take a lot of space if you have multiple enemies.

I'm working on a random dungeon generator for BattleWoods (Yes I'm still working on it). I already have a random island generator, rpg walking engine, and leveling up, etc.

Randomized rpgs are harder to make than they look .

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

ChangeV

LeviCelJir wrote:

@ChangeV I know you're probably gonna say no but consider this: Do you want to mix our projects together and make the best terraria port we can?
I mean you have Character customization and I have a sorta terraria clone with a cheesy title screen. Mix them together you have a soon to come good terraria port. Please think about it. also I love how it looks. It looks like the real terraria title screen.

Btw I might have figured out collison >:3

Sorry, this project is for my twin brother and he wants to do this project on his own way.
I got fulltime job and get super tired after work.
and after work, I need to take full care of my brother who is bedridden.
so I have very little time concentrating on actual programming...(If I don't fall asleep and waste whole evening)

anyway, my brother is almost done organizing tile stuff, we will try to make some tile engine soon.

ChangeV

Discostew

A few additional AI routines to add to some enemies and I'll have completed the coding for all the enemies and sub-bosses in MM2PTC. Bosses will be next.

If people had noticed in my last video some months ago, when you have a sub-weapon engaged, it displays a letter corresponding to that weapon underneath the power bar. I'm thinking of placing the number of lives remaining underneath the health meter. The only odd thing about that might be when using one of the Item weapons, which has a number associated with them, so people might be the wrong impression of having 10+ lives instead of a number under 10.

Discostew

ShadowGame

JLMan wrote:

IAmAPersson wrote:

the editor (which I never change; it's very complex), syntax highlighting

The editor is complex? All I saw that is sort of complex (but extremely useful) about the editor is how you used LOCATE followed by a LINPUT. Also, the syntax highlighting in THOLITU is cool, but you made it so that it wouldn't work with a normal programing language as it does not detect what a word is: it only colours a symbol based on IF lines. I personally think you should update your SimpleC compiler to add in syntax highlighting. But other than that, great job on your interpreters!

Just a small survey: Who is entering the Holiday Theme contest? By the way, I'm not.

I'm working on a little game for the contest and I hope I'm able to finsih it.
I think it's funny, but at the moment it is to short and to easy.
Anyone else, who is making a game for the contest?

EDIT: Where can I find a list of all who entered the contest?

Edited on by ShadowGame

ShadowGame

randomous

@Discostew Why not just put a little Megaman face next to the life count? That way, the other number/letter doesn't get mixed up with it.

randomous

Discostew

@randomous It would kinda make it stick out. Right now, I have a letter indicating the weapon type right under the weapon bar, and I have the life counter underneath the health bar. Putting a little face there would make it stick out too much in terms of consistency. I did make them so that they are separate colors (life counter matching health bar color, and weapon indicator letter matching power bar color), so it makes it easier to distinguish them.

Oh, and MM2PTC has just reached over 242KB in program code alone, running at about 6200 lines.

Discostew

Slayer

I've missed a LOT.
Apparently my life is so busy I don't have time to do my favorite hobby. Programming, of course. Gaming is an... uh... I don't know...
So I should try scraping together more info on this language then see how I'll shape Apocalypse Rising into DayZ.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Discostew

Ok, all enemies are now completed. Was going to move onto bosses, but I think I may work on gates first (the gates that deal with transitioning to boss rooms, but not necessarily limited to that).

Discostew

SmokedSausage

Pshhh...Did I say Pixelli Release for yesterday? I can't actally remember. But Seriously I need to stop specifying release dtaes before the program is even finished . Anyway, I decided to Completely redo the colliision engine and ended up removing it that way Pixelli isn't released TOO late. So, NO collision. But I ended up creating 4 new files you have to download while running into bugs. I have just added custom textures to all blocks so now there are special blocks and all the blocks are made by me. Now there is a BGU file an SPU file and 2 COL files for all the Palettes. I can release Pixelli right after i get this glitch fixed
THE GLITCH: When loading the BGU file it fills the entire screen with whatever is in the Zero'th slot... If anyone can fix it I can release Pixelli right after that ,

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

twinArmageddons

Hansausage wrote:

THE GLITCH: When loading the BGU file it fills the entire screen with whatever is in the Zero'th slot... If anyone can fix it I can release Pixelli right after that

make the first slot blank, or make another slot blank and use BGFILL 0,0,0,13453,51345,#,0,0,0

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

Pixelrobin

@Hansausage the first BG tile is supposed to be tge one used for transparency. Leave it transparent (The first black).

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

SmokedSausage

Oh wow, Such a simple mistake...Thanks guys!
Probably will Release Pixelli 1.2 tommorow

Twitter:

SmokedSausage

Okay, So after Pixelli 1.2 I have decided to make some SEVERE changes...Even renaming it. After Pixelli 1.2 I will be completely erasing Pixelli and creating a new game off of it. Idk what to name it yet but it will be a 2-D survival simulatory (Bear Grylls style) Where you have to craft your own weapons (Such as Bow, Knives, Traps, Shivs) Hunt or gather for your own food (Gather berries or hunt for meat such as Deer) Use your survival knowledge to survive Bear and other predatory animal attacks. Create shelter (Blocks will no longer be implemented) Using sticks leaves and anything strong enough to support you. So yeah, Sorry if you really liked Pixelli, But I wasn't having fun with it and it doesn't sound like anyone else was having the time of their life either...
EDIT: I just noticed i double posted...Whoopsy lol

Edited on by SmokedSausage

Twitter:

InsertPi

I have a nice announcement for you guys. I have officially resumed work on Minecraft DS! I'd like to give a shoutout to @TwinArmageddons and @LeviCelJir for making wonderful progress while I was on my break. Since Beta 2.0 will only be released to my Beta testers, I'll try to release weekly screenshots of the progress on Minecraft DS Beta 2.0!

EDIT: A lot of people have been asking me why I won't release Beta 2.0 to everyone. The reason is because there will be many many bugs, and I don't want 827637 people coming and complaining about the bugs.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

LeviCelJir

IAmAPersson wrote:

I have a nice announcement for you guys. I have officially resumed work on Minecraft DS! I'd like to give a shoutout to @TwinArmageddons and @LeviCelJir for making wonderful progress while I was on my break. Since Beta 2.0 will only be released to my Beta testers, I'll try to release weekly screenshots of the progress on Minecraft DS Beta 2.0!

EDIT: A lot of people have been asking me why I won't release Beta 2.0 to everyone. The reason is because there will be many many bugs, and I don't want 827637 people coming and complaining about the bugs.

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic