Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,141 to 8,160 of 9,620

LeviCelJir

Ok If I post a blog post tomorrow I will post photos! Yes for the first time ever you guys will see Terraria DS! Npcs will be included into the photos too! Ok that's it. I will post a link tomorrow.

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

ShadowGame

Hi,
I have a question:
How can i make jumping a character like in pokemon smash brothers and how
can i make an ai for an enemy like in pokemon smash brothers?
I have to know this because i would make a Fighting Game, too.
Thanks

ShadowGame

ShadowGame

Oh and how can i change the sprites in the sample game 5 (fighting Game).
I would change the Sprites from the two guys to Rayman Characters

ShadowGame

SmokedSausage

randomous wrote:

@Hansausage When posting images from the wiki, you have to click on the image to get to a page with "static" in the title, then use that link instead. Like this:

Untitled

Thanks, Randomous. I clicked the "See ful size image" button and it kept trying to download the picture instead of displaying it. Idk if it's the wikia or my Ubuntu.

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

Slayer

I wrote:

I'm sick and tired of needing assistance all the time... WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO LEARN THIS LANGUAGE?

Someone answer me. The online tutorials are absolutely nothing I don't already know. The manual isn't very much help. How did any of you learn this?

I have nothing really to say about myself.

twinArmageddons

0Games wrote:

I wrote:

I'm sick and tired of needing assistance all the time... WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO LEARN THIS LANGUAGE?

Someone answer me. The online tutorials are absolutely nothing I don't already know. The manual isn't very much help. How did any of you learn this?

i learned with a ton of trial and error

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

InsertPi

@0Games I'm self-taught for the most part.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

TAINT_Zzyex

@ogames play others games then look at there coding

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

UltraWolf2X

I hope Terraria PTC is as good as the actual game. I'm desperate for a new game to play on my 3DS.

Herpa-Derp Derp!!!
My 3DS Friend Code: 3609-1380-2642

ChangeV

status report :
we (me and my brother) are also working on Terraria too. (ours will be simplified version though)
since it is simplified version using lower screen, it will not have all stuff from real terraria.

my brother is converting graphics. some ground tiles, trees and basic ore tiles are done.
simplified bunny, demon eye, bird, slime sprites are done. (eater of soul, zombie are next)

I am also thinking about 256x192 size map (using 2 GRP save files)
no new musics. I can't find any other sheet music.
so it will have just 1 song.

character creation menu is going nicely.
51 hair styles have been added.
color of various parts can be adjusted using old style RGB bar (instead of newer slide)

I am also planning to update my old NyanCat to add DLC/addon style expansion.
first release will be TacNayn.

ChangeV

InsertPi

People have a hard time understanding what we're working on with PTC. We are working on the equivalent of a high-end home computer...from the 80s. It won't run the full Terraria. It won't run the full Minecraft, especially lagless. I get this all the time as requests for Minecraft DS: I hope this becomes a full clone! I want less lag! More stuff and faster! Guys, it's not gonna happen. I can't make that. People complain about clones not being full clones. It's not possible. Take Minecraft (not my version) and put it on an '80s computer. What will happen? It won't even start up more than most likely. Please, before you make a big request, think about what we're working on.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

LeviCelJir

IAmAPersson wrote:

People have a hard time understanding what we're working on with PTC. We are working on the equivalent of a high-end home computer...from the 80s. It won't run the full Terraria. It won't run the full Minecraft, especially lagless. I get this all the time as requests for Minecraft DS: I hope this becomes a full clone! I want less lag! More stuff and faster! Guys, it's not gonna happen. I can't make that. People complain about clones not being full clones. It's not possible. Take Minecraft (not my version) and put it on an '80s computer. What will happen? It won't even start up more than most likely. Please, before you make a big request, think about what we're working on.

Yay Persson said it before me >:3 Now i don't have to let everyone down because persson already did! Thanks persson!

Edited on by LeviCelJir

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

ramstrong

IAmAPersson wrote:

People have a hard time understanding what we're working on with PTC. (snip) Please, before you make a big request, think about what we're working on.

Finally fed up with those whiny people, eh? Guess what? They'll just ignore you and keep making unreasonable requests. Get used to it.

The thing is people just don't seem to think, or even try anymore. I put out Background Maker program, and get only 3 hits. That kind of Tile Ripper program is pretty big. In fact, most computer game dev houses in the 80s and 90s used such program. Anytime you see platformer, Aladdin or Earthworm Jim, for example, it's a good bet that they use such program. And yet, here, no one is interested in it.

The thing is, people hold the masters as some kind of magicians. And yet, they're just like you and me. The difference is, they work hard at it. They don't give up easy. In the end, schools and books can only get you so far. You have to do self-taught most of the time. Take my latest program: It's a way to increment a variable using boolean operators. Doing it with bit(N) instruction would be trivial, but since Petit Computer doesn't have it, I had to do it the hard way. It took 5 pages of trial and error. Even now, I'm not sure that's a good solution, but nobody else is doing it this way. You search the Internet, and you'll find that ALL the solution involves some kind of bit(N) routines.

Since this project is for my Nanowrimo project, well, it has to be done. So, here it is, my pain and headache:
CLS

FOR A=0 TO 15
CLS

B=1:C=1: D=A AND B:E=0:F=0:G=0
IF !D THEN E=15 ELSE E=0
F=C AND E:G=G OR E
GOSUB @DISP

FOR REP=1 TO 3:'4 if you want F to cycle to 0.
B=B*2:C=C OR B:D=A AND B OR G
IF !D THEN E=15 ELSE E=0
F=C AND E OR F:G=G OR E
GOSUB @DISP
NEXT REP

?A XOR F
FOR I=0 TO 8:VSYNC 1:I=BTRIG():NEXT

NEXT A
END

@DISP
?HEX$(A);” “;
?HEX$(B);” “;
?HEX$(C);” “;
?HEX$(D);” “;
?HEX$(E);” “;
?HEX$(F);” “;
?HEX$(G);” “
RETURN

Edited on by theblackdragon

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

607jf

@Persson Eh they will just ignor you lol, I Dont think the dsi Has more RAM than an 80's Computer, The problem is For 3Ds user's is that the RAM is most likely locked as to not crash a Dsi system,That mean's less RAM for a 3Ds. that is most likely why they revised it for 3Ds.

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

Arn0ld

607jf wrote:

@Persson Eh they will just ignor you lol, I Dont think the dsi Has more RAM than an 80's Computer, The problem is For 3Ds user's is that the RAM is most likely locked as to not crash a Dsi system,That mean's less RAM for a 3Ds. that is most likely why they revised it for 3Ds.

I agree with everything you just said ( I feel bad for person though) btw when does petit computer 3ds come out, does anyone know?

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

607jf

@JLMan The 3Ds/Dsi Could Probbly run Pocket Edition At a good frame rate. Regardless of PTC's Limitation's im looking foward to what you guy's create, i havent been on much becuse of IRL Crap, if you guy's need me to test somethin just ask. p.s PTC, Stand's for Petit Computer.

Edited on by 607jf

InsertPi

Speaking of all this, I have a surprise for after I finish my THOLITU Interpreter.

607jf

Oh Ya, @persson the door's you where ganna add to 1.9.

Espurr

Work begins today! But what should I work on first...?

"The heart has reasons the mind knows nothing of."-Blaise Pascal
Pokemon X Friend Code:3883-5184-5725
Safari: Grass
Pokemon: Pansage, Sawsbuck (Spring), Gogoat.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic