Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,121 to 8,140 of 9,620

twinArmageddons

Leviceljir wrote:

twinArmageddons wrote:

someone on the wiki helped me with the lag problem in aottg, and now there's another option to control lag. it changes the frames before updating the bg so you can have virtually no lag now, although you have to sacrifice a bit of smooth scrolling

Smooth.... Scrolling? How would I incorporate that in Terraria DS?

idk aottg uses variables like BGX and BGY and draws the bg with graphic commands
BGOFS changes the offset of the bg tiles [BG-background OFS-offset] so it could be used for scrolling

Edited on by twinArmageddons

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

LeviCelJir

How would I make it do scrolling? I have never used BGOFS before

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

ramstrong

JLMan wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

It's not out yet. And it won't be for a while. And what do I use BGOFS for? And what is BGOFS? What does it do?

BGOFS layer,x,y,time
Layer - The BG layer.
X - The X offset.
Y - The Y offset.
Time - The time it takes to offset the BG tiles.
You could do
BGOFS 0,(X-15)*8,(Y-11)*8,0 assuming that your character is in the middle of the screen, that BG tiles are 8*8 and that you want to offset the foreground layer.

I'll post my completed BGMaker on my blogspot tomorrow. You'll see BGOFS in action then. Also, in order to get scrolling, you want BG larger than 32x24, so my program will take in up to 6 GRPs and build a background out of those.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

LeviCelJir

Yeah When I use BGOFS It basically goes in a circle instead of scrolling through the 256x192 world

Espurr

I have a question.
How do I make a randomly generated dungeon with an up stair and down stair, and a chance to have one of 5 special rooms with locked doors? (15% chance each)

In other news, every day I will reveal a new feature. Today is the dungeon names!
1. Yendar"s Fall 2. Moldy Grotto 3. Stone Prison 4. Mirror Cave 5. Slum District (Unlock Caos!)6. Lavafall Keep
7. Glittering Chasm 8. Floodgate Ravine 9. Lost Crucible (Unlock Synod!)10.Ruined Cavern 11.Great Dam 12. Breakout Vault
13. Waterfall Cave (Unlock Daos!)
Look back at the classes. I added new info about them!

Tell me what you think!

Edited on by Espurr

"The heart has reasons the mind knows nothing of."-Blaise Pascal
Pokemon X Friend Code:3883-5184-5725
Safari: Grass
Pokemon: Pansage, Sawsbuck (Spring), Gogoat.

Discostew

Urchin8 wrote:

I have a question.
How do I make a randomly generated dungeon with an up stair and down stair, and a chance to have one of 5 special rooms with locked doors? (15% chance each)

In other news, every day I will reveal a new feature. Today is the dungeon names!
1. Yendar"s Fall 2. Moldy Grotto 3. Stone Prison 4. Mirror Cave 5. Slum District (Unlock Caos!)6. Lavafall Keep
7. Glittering Chasm 8. Floodgate Ravine 9. Lost Crucible (Unlock Synod!)10.Ruined Cavern 11.Great Dam 12. Breakout Vault
13. Waterfall Cave (Unlock Daos!)
Look back at the classes. I added new info about them!

Tell me what you think!

You're probably going to need to give us some more information about how you want the dungeons designed. Will it be room-based like Zelda games, or will it be more like one big room with blockades like Gauntlet or even Diablo? You need to be more specific in your question by giving us details on how you would like the resulting generated dungeons to look.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

ramstrong

Hey guys, I finally posted my completed BGMaker. It's not really fleshed out. No mirroring, for example, but since the source code is there and documented, you should have no trouble making it fit your purpose.

BGMaker

Urchin8 wrote:

I have a question.

Throw Dice. Use RND().

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong actually I'm not working on PTC community right now. I'm helping out with making a site for an organization for schools. I'm making graphics and things. Oh and then I have a powerpoint (that is so last year ) tp make for a school project and another group project in which we make a game together. Along with that, I'm starting to learn to use the ATtiny85 microcontroller (kinda like arduino). I don't even have time to update my own site or work on other personal projects (such as PTC). Heck, I'm not on here much anymore either. I will when they're all done though . Also I think he meant a miiverse community.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Espurr

Discostew wrote:

You're probably going to need to give us some more information about how you want the dungeons designed. Will it be room-based like Zelda games, or will it be more like one big room with blockades like Gauntlet or even Diablo? You need to be more specific in your question by giving us details on how you would like the resulting generated dungeons to look.

I will post a design later, but if you have an android product, try downloading "Pixel Dungeon" They should look like that.Sorry apple users, but you will need to look it up instead...
Also, there should be a key randomly generated for each special room.

Edited on by Espurr

Slayer

I'm going to work on the new weapons that I'll put in Apocalypse Rising. For the next update I'll have the Shotgun, and maybe I'll throw in an SMG. Starting small.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Arn0ld

0Games wrote:

I'm going to work on the new weapons that I'll put in Apocalypse Rising. For the next update I'll have the Shotgun, and maybe I'll throw in an SMG. Starting small.

Cool about how far are you into the game?

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

SmokedSausage

THIS IS A PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT

You may have been scared when I said that this was an operating system for PTC. But I mean no fear. This is not your normal OS for PTC, This is a desktop based opertaing system with an intuative touch control, advanced search function, PC/Smartphone balanced Operating system. There currently is:

'SEARCH- 'Serach for functions, applications, Text files (.PTCT Extension) and much more.

Home menu- Below the search bar there are 6 icons for applications such as (Calculator, PTCT Pad (Notepad equivelent), Game center, settings, Drawpad, Add an application.

Locking function- Similar to the iPhone/iPad Locking Press the R button screen is locked (Goes Black) Press it again to unlock and back to the "Press A to unlock" screen

Add Applications to the home menu-From in the program. There is no way without editing code to create a custom icon, but will have your app on the main menu with the file icon (Looks like a blank sheet of paper)

Connect to a (Fake) network- This is pretty much you select the file you want to receive/send to another user and you can.

In the settings menu there is...

Delete applications

Connect to a network

Add security settings (Prevent people from unlocking and or executing files without a selected 4 digit passcode)
Here have a screenshot
Untitled

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

Slayer

Xtremetdifan wrote:

0Games wrote:

Cool about how far are you into the game?

Check the wiki XD I can't explain any answers to that question.
So I'll get started on sprites, which I'll have to ponder due to the fact that the possibilities are endless when it comes to sprite design.

InsertPi

http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/CrashPTC

A glitch in PTC. Please read the warning I posted before running. PLEASE!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Espurr

#######################

1. C # ^ # ' S #
    1. #
      D#####D########D####
  2. G D #
    #####################

Similar to this, but on a larger scale. #=Wall S=Sign D=Door G=Gold, ^=Upstairs, '=Downstairs, C=Chest.
Special areas are always the same. For example, a Vault is a 6x5 area, 3x4 walking space, 3x3 trap floor, 1 door, and 1 chest with an enchanted something.

#####

1. C #
    $$$#
    $$$#
    $$$#
    D##
    EDIT:Crap, the system glitched it...

Edited on by Espurr

boot

@IAmAPerson i tried the glich... it deleated all my PTC games... Thank god there all backed up on my SD card. Its a fun little glitch though. im going to put the program on my brothers DS(he has PTC too) and im going to tell him to load it lol.(i backed up all his games)

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

Arn0ld

boot wrote:

@IAmAPerson i tried the glich... it deleated all my PTC games... Thank god there all backed up on my SD card. Its a fun little glitch though. im going to put the program on my brothers DS(he has PTC too) and im going to tell him to load it lol.(i backed up all his games)

What kind of evil person would do such a thing? Who am I kidding, I'll probably do the same thing heheheheheheh!

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

randomous

@Hansausage When posting images from the wiki, you have to click on the image to get to a page with "static" in the title, then use that link instead. Like this:

Untitled

Edited on by randomous

randomous

LeviCelJir

ugh... No... I spent 3 hours today trying to make the terraria zombie sprite... and I was saving and I messed up and gave it a syntax error... No.... I have to remake them... err...

Slayer

IAmAPersson wrote:

http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/CrashPTC

A glitch in PTC. Please read the warning I posted before running. PLEASE!

Why would you program this... why...?
I tried it. Luckily, all of my programs and games are still intact, and all of my files survived the crash. I was lucky.
I'm sick and tired of needing assistance all the time... WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO LEARN THIS LANGUAGE?

Edited on by Slayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic