Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 6,661 to 6,680 of 9,620

Lego-Meister

@mystman12 You can change the layer of sprites when you use spset with the 6th variable. Like this.

SPSET 1,0,0,0,0,SpriteLayer0-3

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1447-0455 | Nintendo Network ID: Legos-Meister

ramstrong

0Games wrote:

I'm not really sure if you can see through untrue statements or not. Everyone knows me here, I would never MEAN that.

You're expecting everybody here to read your mind? So, what you're doing here is basically just say random things and let other people sort them out? That's too close to "Kill them all, and let God sort them out." SHIVERS.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Pixelrobin

So I won't be entering Cavalux. Its taking too long. I'll be entering a game I call "Robots Life". Its inspired by the popular online game "B-Cubed" and includes some elements inspired by Portal 2. You play as a robot, whose sole purpose is to test, test, test in the development for a better ai system for this company's line of robotics project. This robot wants to be free. to be needed. heck, he even has no name. But during the seemingly endless tests and puzzles, there is no chance of that. Or is there?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Slayer

ramstrong wrote:

0Games wrote:

I'm not really sure if you can see through untrue statements or not. Everyone knows me here, I would never MEAN that.

You're expecting everybody here to read your mind? So, what you're doing here is basically just say random things and let other people sort them out? That's too close to "Kill them all, and let God sort them out." SHIVERS.

I actually didn't know why I said that. Maybe it was one of those days where I went half insane of being stuck...
For this scrolling this will be pretty easy, but for health I might have a very slight chance of having to use IF THEN and ELSE topped off with a little SPHIT. Some days I really do see how this is basic...
Buttons really are annoying...
I'm trying to make it so if you are at the Apocalypse Rising main menu, if you press A at New Game, then Hairmanban19's maps would load in a new game. But of course BTRIG and BUTTON are very tedious. I used this:
IF BTRIG()==16 AND Y==1 THEN GOTO @SURVIVESP
Anything wrong?
O.O @Lego-Meister I almost thought you were @PetitProfessor's secondary account until I realized you have better grammar and spelling. You just also have the same profile picture.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

ShadowGame

Iamaperson wrote something about PTC 3D. What is this? Is this a Version of Petit Computer
with that you can make 3D games?i
If yes, does it release for 3DS?

ShadowGame

Lego-Meister

@0Games Yeah I noticed I had the same profile picture but I thought it was some kind of glitch. Weird.

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1447-0455 | Nintendo Network ID: Legos-Meister

InsertPi

ShadowGame wrote:

Iamaperson wrote something about PTC 3D. What is this? Is this a Version of Petit Computer
with that you can make 3D games?
If yes, does it release for 3DS?

It is a planned version of petit computer. It has been confirmed, but it will more than most likely not be released anytime soon. In the meantime, we can just play on and admire my majestic 3D program! lol jk

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

ShadowGame

Sorry, but with my Bad english i didnt understand all of your coment. Sorry.
For wich console does it will be release?
Sorry, that i didnt understand all of your coment.

ShadowGame

Discostew

Dang, adding the Item Weapons for MM2 is some serious business. I had to alter a good chunk of existing A.I. code for Megaman just to start implementing it. Unlike everything else, Megaman has to interact with these Item Weapons, and they affect his positioning and such. So far, I've got the first two Item Weapons working, and interaction seems fine, except if any of them are on-screen at the time Megaman transitions from one sub level to another. It screws up his positioning, even if he isn't on one. Probably won't take me long to figure out why that's happening.

But some good new (other than the fact that these are working) is that the code is designed to work with all objects that are marked as "moving sprite platforms", so in the process, this will also work with those platform rails seen in Crashman's stage and one of Dr. Wily's stages.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

InsertPi

Hey guys. Sorry for double post, but I have something that not a lot of people know of, but is an easy and very helpful command. It's this:

LINPUT TEXT$

It is the same as INPUT, but it doesn't show the question mark. So where INPUT makes this:

Please enter your name
?
_

LINPUT makes this:

Please enter your name
_

It even allows you to enter commas, where INPUT would return an error. Along with INPUT, LINPUT can also do:

LINPUT "Enter your name:";NAME$

One downside. You cannot enter variables. What do you do? Turn the string into a variable!

LINPUT NUMBER$
NUMBER=VAL(NUMBER$)

Just a small but VERY helpful tip for you guys! If there is anything I missed, please tell me/us!

@ShadowGame Petit Computer 3D will come out, but not anytime soon. It will be released for the 3DS only.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

Discostew

Well, that was a quick fix. During transitions, Megaman's position is first set into the global entity positioning variables (used for spawning new entities), and updates his position using those. However, with the Item Weapons, if they are removed in any form outside of going off-screen, they spawn an "explosion" (like if they touch a wall). Any spawning requires the global entity positioning variables, so it set those to the position of where the explosion would be, but unfortunately, affected Megaman's position too. So, I made a variable that is toggled for when he transitions, and prevents the explosion spawning code if it is set.

Glad that's all sorted out. So, I think I can say the first two Item Weapons are fully functional. Now to work on Item Weapon 3.

As a side note, I currently have the platforming code in Megaman's A.I. set so that if the platform is moving upward with Megaman on it, and it closes up to the ceiling where Megaman would otherwise get squished, it becomes an automatic death. I believe the rail platforms operate in this way, but I never checked if the Item Weapons did this. I will have to check both cases, just in case. If it doesn't, then I'll have to shove Megaman downward, off the platform.

edit: Item 1 checked. It appears that in that case, the platform itself explodes, dropping Megaman. So I think only the platform rails would make Megaman explode in this case. Also........my platforming code messed with my ladder code, allowing Megaman to "stand" on a mid-section of a ladder.....

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

InsertPi

@Bluerobin2 not sure if you saw, but I added ur FC a while back.

Discostew

Ugh, wrong again. Even the platform rails don't make him explode. They instead throw him off to the side. Not sure why I thought they would make him explode (maybe a different Megaman game?). Anyways, I'll just have the Item Weapons explode in that case, and for platform rails, he'll just simply drop down. The way it currently throws him to the side in the actual NES game has more to do with the way Megaman moves when "inside" a wall, which you can see with speed-runs and such (like TAS videos). This game won't be an exact replica, so I can make some improvising here and there.

Discostew

randomous

@Discostew Ahh, the beautifully odd patterns produced by new and intermingled code. Lol those were interesting posts; thanks for telling us about your progress!

randomous

TAINT_Zzyex

anyone need sprites?

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

InsertPi

Soon I would like to know some about sprites. I'm planning some new features for MCDS Beta 1.8 and I need to know some. Now, don't get the big idea that I want to know the most advanced commands about sprites. I am clueless. All I know about sprites is SPSET and SPOFS. That's it. SCRED? I know nothing. SPANIM? Nothing. SPHIT? No clue. Making custom sprites? Definitely nothing. I am CLUELESS! Plz help? And also, please make simple. Thanks!

Edit: Also, backgrounds! I know nothing about backgrounds. What am I planning? No one knows. •cough 1.6 isn't just a bug fix update cough• Sorry about that.

Edited on by InsertPi

Discostew

randomous wrote:

@Discostew Ahh, the beautifully odd patterns produced by new and intermingled code. Lol those were interesting posts; thanks for telling us about your progress!

Indeed, and I found the problem too. It wasn't even the new platform interaction code either. It was a few variables that didn't get renamed with the rest that I wanted changed just prior to me starting the platforming code. Anyways, it's back to normal, but I did have to make some slight changes because Item 1 (a hovering platform that moves slowly upward for a short time) kept pushing Megaman up when he was hanging on a ladder (and still in the ladder position). It now simply passes him by until he lets go.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

LeviCelJir

IAmAPerson wrote:

Soon I would like to know some about sprites. I'm planning some new features for MCDS Beta 1.8 and I need to know some. Now, don't get the big idea that I want to know the most advanced commands about sprites. I am clueless. All I know about sprites is SPSET and SPOFS. That's it. SCRED? I know nothing. SPANIM? Nothing. SPHIT? No clue. Making custom sprites? Definitely nothing. I am CLUELESS! Plz help? And also, please make simple. Thanks!

Edit: Also, backgrounds! I know nothing about backgrounds. What am I planning? No one knows. •cough 1.6 isn't just a bug fix update cough• Sorry about that.

Backgrounds are easy I made Steve's fist in Beta 1.1 with them.
This is a basic Background line
BGFILL layer, X-tile,Y-tile,X-tile,Y-tile,The background you want,pallete,rotate horizontal,rotate vertical

Example:
BGFILL 0,0,0,0,0,10,3,0,0

A random background that i haven't checked yet
Hope i helped!

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

Pootrick2

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

anyone need sprites?

YES link from the original legend of zelda an otorock (@Morphtoroks profile pic) and a moblin

I LOVE petit computer AND anything Zelda/Minecraft related (i own all zelda games)

3DS FC=0919-9700-5328

3DS Friend Code: 0919-9700-5328 | Nintendo Network ID: Pootrick2 | Twitter:

SmokedSausage

@Pootric2 I don't know if you noticed earlier but i wanted to join your Zelda team and help out. Is this okay?

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic