Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 6,641 to 6,660 of 9,620

Slayer

twinArmageddons wrote:

@0Games im waiting for gladiators :3

Okay. I was going to drop that since I'm completely stuck and it's holding two projects back... But since people want it, I'll continue I guess...
Unless people want Apocalypse Rising or the pending Ghost Scrolls I more...
Look at what boxtropica whoever that is said about Ghost Scrolls on GameFAQs:

boxtropica wrote:

That's a lot.

And "Ghost Scrolls" — "Elder Scrolls".
Come on.
Don't make an RPG because you want to: Make an RPG to innovate- Have an AMAZING idea- Something that will be completely different from every other RPG ever created.

No amazing idea = Boring generic RPG

Okay, now back to me. IAmAPerson probably already saw this, being on GameFAQs and all...

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

InsertPi

Leviceljir wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

0Games it does work. I just did it like 10 times. Well, there's another to-be-fixed glitch for 1.6! (@Leviceljir you shouldn't've said anything)

aw you have to ruin the fun don't you D:

Well, for my seeecret 1.8 update, I can't have glitches like that! No no no...

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

TAINT_Zzyex

RudyDog wrote:

I was wanting this game, then I saw some of the posts... Dafuq is this and how do you use it?

keep it at a pg bro. this forums full of children. seriosly i got my post deleted for saying period

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

LeviCelJir

IAmAPerson wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

[quote=IAmAPerson0Games it does work. I just did it like 10 times. Well, there's another to-be-fixed glitch for 1.6! (@Leviceljir you shouldn't've said anything)

aw you have to ruin the fun don't you D:

Well, for my seeecret 1.8 update, I can't have glitches like that! No no no...

[/quote]
Only if you would tell us what 1.8 is adding...Otherwise It's ruining the fun

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

TAINT_Zzyex

twinArmageddons wrote:

@TAINT_Zzyex is this better
Untitled

i will scan these tommarow my sister is using the computer for 'homework' cough watching youtube cough.

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

SmokedSausage

BonChoi wrote:

Hansausage wrote:

Thanks! I am really glad someone enjoys it. There are so many more things that could be done with it that aren't though. Anyway thanks for playing!

Hey Han you should add a flying animation, the laughing dog and a better AI.
Awesome game btw

Those are actually all of the things i plan to add and AI definitely needs to be improved trying to think of ways to improve it...anyway I will release one more version with improved AI and the dog! This update will be implemented when i get some dog sprites done! Thanks for the recommendations!.

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

InsertPi

The forums are starting to speed up, but...

All I have to do now is finish up the touch screen and Beta 1.5.5 will be released for Minecraft DS! After that, I will start making MCDSEdit. Trust me, if you plan to make adventure maps, this is an essential tool.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

steriaca

Anyone have any hints on how to scan qrs which I am surfing this board using the DSi, and scaning them with my 3DS?

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

LeviCelJir

IAmAPerson wrote:

All I have to do now is finish up the touch screen and Beta 1.5.5 will be released for Minecraft DS! After that, I will start making MCDSEdit. Trust me, if you plan to make adventure maps, this is an essential tool.

Is MCDSEdit gonna be like petit blocks?

Edited on by LeviCelJir

InsertPi

Leviceljir wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Is MCDSEdit gonna be like petit blocks?

No, it'll be a 2d, top-view editor. You'll be able to place any block, change character position, inventory (even put bedrock in your inventory) change where you're looking, etc.

LeviCelJir

How do I create my own music? Nothing seems to fit my game...

mystman12

I've got a few random questions. What is VSYNC for? I see it used a lot. Does the sprite control number determine the layer the sprite is on? And finally, is there a way to keep track of time without using WAIT? (And stopping everything) Would I just have to use a variable that keeps track of how many frames have past?

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Slayer

RudyDog wrote:

I was wanting this game, then I saw some of the posts... Dafuq is this and how do you use it?

Nintendo Life- viewer's discretion advised.
And by the way, does anyone want me to speed up Apocalypse Rising and Ghost Scrolls after that, and make Gladiators later? My code is messed up in the current file I have on it, and it's holding back a lot of the projects I am going to make.
@mystman12 the closest thing I thought of from your question is the variable to tell the time. I have a clock program that I made in my digital copy of PTC, and it's actually pretty simple to make. The variable for time is actually a system variable, and it's TIME$. Here's how I made my program-
@START
@CLOCK
CLS
LOCATE 12,12
PRINT TIME$
GOTO @START
Very simple program.
You can see the frames flashing but I need to fix that...

Edited on by Slayer

TAINT_Zzyex

@ogames i suggest dropping 2 projects and working on just 1

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Slayer

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

@ogames i suggest dropping 2 projects and working on just 1

I have 2 going, Gladiators and Apocalypse Rising. Gladiators I'm going to get back to- that's fine, it was pretty buggy probably. I'll get more knowledge and come back. Now I can focus on one project, and I'm not stressed completely.
Coding through the thunder storm.

Edited on by Slayer

InsertPi

mystman12 wrote:

I've got a few random questions. What is VSYNC for? I see it used a lot. Does the sprite control number determine the layer the sprite is on? And finally, is there a way to keep track of time without using WAIT? (And stopping everything) Would I just have to use a variable that keeps track of how many frames have past?

VSYNC is good for loops where you're drawing over and over so it doesn't flash. You'd use it like this:

@LOOP
'Draw something here
VSYNC 1
GOTO @LOOP

Sprite control number is what identifies each sprite. As it says, it is the number that you assign to each sprite that you control it using. @randomous can explain it better. I never use sprites in anything I use.

And for how long since the program has started, the system variable MAINCOUNTL keeps up with the time since a program has started. I believe it counts in frames. 60 frames is 1 second, so

SECONDSSINCESTART=MAINCOUNTL/60

Edited on by InsertPi

Slayer

Time to get to work. Thunder in the background. IRL thunder.
I'm gonna need sprites of a survivor holding the basic M1911 pistol. That will be fairly simple.
I have most of them done. After this I can implement basic moving and exploration gameplay. Then scrolling. Then zombies. Then health. Then ALPHA 1.0 people.

Edited on by Slayer

InsertPi

I just noticed something. At the rate I'm going, Minecraft DS will be complete in just a couple more months! After that, I'll take a (temporary?) "retirement" from Petit Computer. I'll keep up with the forums, but I won't make anything for about a month, if anything else at all. I'm moving into some more advanced languages, so know that I won't be around forever. When PTC 3D comes out, I might come back for a while, but a while is still not forever. Don't take this as a farewell! I still have a while before I stop making stuff. If you guys with for more updates for Minecraft DS after the official release, I might "give" the program to someone, like Notch "gave" Minecraft to Jeb, so the game can keep on improving.

mystman12

@IAmAPerson Okay, thanks for helping. It doesn't sound like I need VSYNC for anything, and the MAINCOUNTL system variable might come in handy. As for sprites, basically the character you control in the game is sprite #0. I have some other sprites that are a higher number, but the character sprite appears over the ones with a higher number. I don't know if the layering has to do with the control number or the order the sprites were created or something else.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic