Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 5,901 to 5,920 of 9,620

randomous

@Morphtorok That's really good, thank you! But I already made a "fabric" noise generator, and I'm happy with the results.... I'm sorry!

randomous

Slayer

607jf wrote:

Person found a bug, sometimes when you go to delete a block that is in front of you, it delets the block behind the block you are trying to delete instead.

I found the same with building. I placed a block in front of me and it was placed to the side of me. I found it strange, and broke the block.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

607jf

slayer wrote:

607jf wrote:

Person found a bug, sometimes when you go to delete a block that is in front of you, it delets the block behind the block you are trying to delete instead.

I found the same with building. I placed a block in front of me and it was placed to the side of me. I found it strange, and broke the block.

Thats not really a bug, when you place an block with no reference (Dont place it touching another block.) It isnt 100% Accurate.

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

InsertPi

slayer wrote:

607jf wrote:

Wow. The block placing really needs some calibration in that case... Well, another Beta 1.2 feature! Accurate block placing/breaking!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Eel

randomous wrote:

@Morphtorok That's really good, thank you! But I already made a "fabric" noise generator, and I'm happy with the results.... I'm sorry!

Hah don't worry, figured you would have done it yourself by the time you read that!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

607jf

IAmAPerson wrote:

slayer wrote:

607jf wrote:

Wow. The block placing really needs some calibration in that case... Well, another Beta 1.2 feature! Accurate block placing/breaking!

Its ok for now, but Id Definitely Fix everything up befor the layer update so you could just focus on that when ya get there, imao.

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

randomous

OK, does this look like felt? Is it "flat" enough to not bother you, but "noisy" enough to actually look like a texture?

Untitled

randomous

Eel

That's pretty awesome!

It looks very good the way it is. The only thing that would look any better would be adding a slight gradient to it to give it a more realistic feel. But it already looks pretty authentic!

Bloop.

randomous

@Mophtorok I'd love to add a gradient, but each shade of gradient would require 3 more colors (it's 3 color noise), and I've only got about 9 to use. I don't really want just a three layer gradient, so I'd rather just leave it out. Plus it would extend the 5 second loading screen even further, which I don't want to do. The loading screen only pops up when you first start the game; you don't have to wait for loading each time you make a new game.

Oh, I hope you don't mind, but I made Petit Farm cards. I also made Megaman 2 cards @Discostew... hope you don't mind (well, the megaman cards would really make Capcom mind lol).

randomous

Eel

That's actually pretty awesome thanks!

Feel free to use the graphics from that game for anything you need btw.
That goes for everyone.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ramstrong

randomous wrote:

OK, does this look like felt? Is it "flat" enough to not bother you, but "noisy" enough to actually look like a texture?

Looks good to me! I see the cards now have invisible edge, or Morphtorok did it wrong? I no longer see a black border around the cards.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Eel

I just did a simple background (with commands) and pasted it into the game without editing the game itself.

The game deleted parts of the background where the cards appeared.

Bloop.

randomous

@ramstrong The game works by a combination of sprites and GRP. The cards, when animated, are loaded dynamically as sprites on the touch screen. Only 13 cards can ever be animated at a time, and since you can only have about 24 or so 32X32 sprites loaded into the touch screen bank, this works perfectly well. Anyway, when the cards are just sitting there, they're drawn on the GRP. The cards have always had transparent edges, but in order to erase a card, I simply created a box around it instead of contouring to the card (since it's just an eraser, it doesn't need to be exact). That's the reason why there are black edges.

I'm glad you like the background!

randomous

Arn0ld

randomous wrote:

@ramstrong The game works by a combination of sprites and GRP. The cards, when animated, are loaded dynamically as sprites on the touch screen. Only 13 cards can ever be animated at a time, and since you can only have about 24 or so 32X32 sprites loaded into the touch screen bank, this works perfectly well. Anyway, when the cards are just sitting there, they're drawn on the GRP. The cards have always had transparent edges, but in order to erase a card, I simply created a box around it instead of contouring to the card (since it's just an eraser, it doesn't need to be exact). That's the reason why there are black edges.

I'm glad you like the background!

Wow, to be honest that sounds a lot simpler than what i originally thought what needed to make a touch screen solitaire. Btw the green velvet like background is great!

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

ramstrong

randomous wrote:

(snip)That's the reason why there are black edges. I'm glad you like the background!

Oh. OK. Cool. I suppose now I need to rescan. 14 QR isn't that much, and I'm already sagging by QR #13. This is why I don't like buggy software, especially one with high QR count. I'll just wait until more debugging is done.

And maybe it's too late for this program, but a suggestion for next program. If you have large program with lots of QR, you may want to compartmentalize them, and split them into various modules/section. Combine them later with APPEND command. Then, when you need to update a module, you can just update the QR for that single module.

14 QR isn't that much, but apparently I have no patience.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

randomous

@ramstrong But people are lazy, and would either not want to append the programs together themselves or would mess up because they didn't follow directions (not that you wouldn't be able to do it lol). That's why I always save in packages; it removes "user error" from the equation. People can't accidentally delete a crucial piece of the program because... well, they'd have to delete the whole thing. What bugs have you found? I've been playing all day and haven't come across any... that black square thing was simply because @Morphtorok added a background.

I've updated the game for the second time to include the felt backgrounds (thanks @ramstrong) and 4 extra "novelty" card backs. Let me know if any of them look odd... I'm not really an artist or anything. The game is now 16 QR codes, so @ramstrong will certainly not be scanning them (lol just teasing). If 16 is too much for whatever reason... I guess I could also generate around 9 with PTC Utilities.

Here's the link to the wiki with the new backgrounds and card backs: Klondike (Solitaire) Wiki.

Edit: @Xtremetdifan Thank you! I'm glad you like the backgrounds.
Edit2: Well, thanks to @ramstrong (for the second time lol), I've provided two options on the Wiki for downloading the game. You can either download using 16 easy to scan QR codes, or 9 harder to scan ones (it's really not that much harder unless your camera is scratched).

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Eel

I think he meant to have the game append the modules itself, that can be done?

As in...

Cls:clear:append "things"

<rest of the program>

You wouldn't be able to test the program from the editing screen though, since it would append the modules every single time.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

randomous

@Morphtork I wish that would work, but you can't perform these commands while the program is running:

APPEND
SAVE (PRG)
LOAD (PRG)
FILES
NEW
LIST
CONT
REBOOT

And probably some others that I forgot...

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Eel

Well then, there goes the whole plan.

... I find it more bothersome to have to scan many small files than a single big one anyway.

Bloop.

randomous

@Morphtorok That's me as well. I could use EXEC to start other programs, which means I could fragment the game into portions... but I'd still rather not make people deal with the trouble of having multiple files floating around on their system.

Edit: Oh yeah, if you happen to scan the newest version of Solitaire, could you let me know what you think about the Petit Farm cards? Thanks.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic