Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 5,841 to 5,860 of 9,620

Discostew

slayer wrote:

I just thought about something weird... Why is the DS series so successful when people play the PSP and it's more powerful, has better games, etc.?
Is it the dual screens and the touch screen? I have no idea... I just know I own a PSP myself...

PSP is more powerful, but I would have to say the DS has better games. Like history has shown, the more powerful hardware does not necessarily mean it'll have the better games or be more popular.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

InsertPi

Discostew wrote:

slayer wrote:

I just thought about something weird... Why is the DS series so successful when people play the PSP and it's more powerful, has better games, etc.?
Is it the dual screens and the touch screen? I have no idea... I just know I own a PSP myself...

PSP is more powerful, but I would have to say the DS has better games. Like history has shown, the more powerful hardware does not necessarily mean it'll have the better games or be more popular.

The DS has so much more to offer. Downloadable games from direct connection to the Internet, for example. The games are much more durable, as they're not like a mini-dvd, they're a durable, scratch-proof cartridge. I can keep going but this is off-topic.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

randomous

@slayer Thank you! Make sure you save your settings so it's always one card draw. Did you see the three new card backs?

randomous

Arn0ld

IAmAPerson wrote:

Discostew wrote:

slayer wrote:

The DS has so much more to offer. Downloadable games from direct connection to the Internet, for example. The games are much more durable, as they're not like a mini-dvd, they're a durable, scratch-proof cartridge. I can keep going but this is off-topic.

Not to mention the amazing first party games and exclusives. I.E. Mario, Pokemon, Sonic games (that are exclusives to ds), Zelda, etc. The games alone are enough to make it beat out the psp

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

InsertPi

Does anyone have a Minecraft DS map that they absolutely can't stand to lose? I'm about to make edits the the save system and I need to know if I need to make a world converter.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

randomous

Oy @Morphtorok, have you tried Solitaire yet (the newer one on the QR thread)? Sorry for badgering you lol.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Eel

I haven't updated it yet (my mother took my 3DS with her to her job D: I have created a momster) but I did scan the old version!

It's pretty awesome and polished to be unfinished! I couldn"t complete a game because I'm pretty bad at 3-card solitaire but it was very enjoyable.

I will leave spider for you lol you already have an awesome engine!

Go on! Make me regret purchasing Nintendo's Solitaire DSiWare!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Arn0ld

Alright I've worked on my Sonic game a little bit today and I've just finished a few 8 bit shadow sprites how do you post pictures on here?

Botw > OoT

InsertPi

Morphtorok wrote:

I doubt it, Person.

I didn't think so, but just checking anyway.

Slayer

randomous wrote:

@slayer Thank you! Make sure you save your settings so it's always one card draw. Did you see the three new card backs?

I saved my settings, good thing too. And I don't think I did...
Everyone who answered my PSP and DS thing, I love how I read all of that while having the final boss from week 1 of The World Ends With You open, he hurts you less than the first Noise you face...
And I totally agree, but I must say that the PSP, with its power, can run a better version of Black Ops from the COD series. On DS it can't run the same story, and the graphics aren't great. Same with the GTA games. But I totally agree, the DS has better software and more to offer than the PSP. The 3DS is a counter to the PS Vita as well, I would say. Nintendo and Sony aren't on the same mobile score... But look at the home consoles and it turns the tables to Sony. I haven't played a PS console, but I have heard lots of great things about them. Though I have played all three Xbox systems(and am a proud owner of an Xbox 360) and will say Microsoft is more the FPS store and Sony, seeing that they run all of the Final Fantasy games a lot better than the Xbox 360, and if it wasn't clarified, Black Ops on the PS3 is horrid, it's buggy and the graphics are bad. Every company has its strong and weak point.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

randomous

@Morphtorok Lol well, if I ever decide to make spider solitaire, it may not be for a while. Or it may be next week... who knows? The newest version of Solitaire has one card draw, so I hope you enjoy it!

randomous

InsertPi

Minecraft DS Beta 1.1!!!
Minecraft DS Wiki!!!

Edited on by InsertPi

Arn0ld

Can someone please tell me how to post pictures on the forum, I want to see what you guys think of the shadow sprites (8 bit)

Botw > OoT

twinArmageddons

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Can someone please tell me how to post pictures on the forum, I want to see what you guys think of the shadow sprites (8 bit)

if you dont know how to post pictures you can just post a link

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

607jf

@Xtremetdifan [ img ]Imagehere.com[ /img] <- no spaces

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

Eel

Again....

Your computer is not magically accessible across the Internet, you need to load the images to a hosting site for others to be able to see them.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Discostew

@Xtremetdifan

If you're afraid of losing your progress because of family, you should do occasional back-ups of your data. Save them to the SD card.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

InsertPi

I see that a LOT of people are asking for jumping in Minecraft DS. What's the reason you guys want jumping? I don't see a purpose for it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic