Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 5,821 to 5,840 of 9,620

Arn0ld

randomous wrote:

Well, after much toil and quite a few ridiculous "derp, global variable" moments (I'm just too accustomed to object oriented languages), I've finally come up with an extremely rough Solitaire (Klondike) game! It's uhh not quite done, but I'm so irritated with it that I don't want to work on it for a while, and what I have at least works. I'm not going to put it on the QR thread or the Wiki just yet (because it's not done), so I hope it's all right if I just leave it here instead.

Untitled

Tap a card to send it up to the "foundation". Drag cards to move them around. Press A to send up as many cards as you possible can at that point. Press START to start a new game. Press left/right to change the card backs. Press X to save JUST the settings (the card back only for now).

I've played about 30 games on it so far, and I haven't come across any glitches or anything... but you know how these things are. Hope you like it!

Oh, and I'm totally going to make the old Windows solitaire winning screen... you know, with the jumping cards and stuff. It'll be great!

This is amazing! And it's the 'unfinished' version. Can't wait to see the final version awesome job randomous

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

Slayer

randomous wrote:

@Peidorrento Thank you very much! I've uhhh never seen you here before lol.

Edit: Well, looks like I have to add the winning screen and put this on the QR sharing thread very soon lol.

I have...
He made a Space Invaders clone, didn't he? I played it. It was in a different language, but I won quite a few games on it.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

randomous

@Xtremetdifan Thank you! This is basically all I want to add:
-An actual options menu with a visual indicator for the card backs
-A winning screen (like the old Windows solitaire games)
-The option for one card draw (the code's already there, I just need to make it an option).
-Novelty card backs.

That's really it... I didn't want to make this some sort of super complicated game with way too many options. I think simplicity is key with games like Solitaire and such... I mean, if that's all right with everyone else.

randomous

Slayer

Well, I'm off, I'll work on Steam DS tomorrow. Which is the last day before school...
Summer was fine while it lasted...

Anonymous_Ninja

@randomous nice job! It is incredibly addicting, everyone loves a good solitaire game!

nope, no signature here...
I lied, here's my friend code: 2406-5448-5608

ramstrong

Peidorrento wrote:

Man.... Very well done!

Hey, it's Peidorrento! Where have you been? It's been so long! I was so looking forward to your platformer engine. So, I was very disappointed when you disappear.

Will you be making some new programs soon?

randomous wrote:

Now I'm worried that I'm going to get in trouble for posting the QRs here lol.

You're fine. It's okay to post QR here, instead of the sharing thread. It's not okay to post banter there. So, it's good that you bring people here. If I may make a request, I'd like you to repost the QR after you do the 1 card deal option. As long as this doesn't crash at the end, I'll be willing to overlook any bugs you have.

Is Slayer posting irrelevant joke posts again? So soon after that mess, too.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Eel

Hey Peidorriento is back! Hi!

I need to scan that solitaire game!

Can I reserve the spot for making spider solitaire or something lol? Just kidding. We can share.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

randomous

@Morphtorok Please, be my guest! You can even retrofit my code to make it... I actually made the code with multiple solitaires in mind. Most of the functions are generic; the "Klondike" specific ones being the exception (dragging into the foundation area, having a pile, etc.). You should wait a few (dozen?) minutes for the more "finalized" version.

randomous

Eel

Oh well, I'll have to wait lol... My mom is busy Animal Crossing-ing.

If I do make a card game though, it'll have to be made by me from scratch... I'm bad at understanding other's code lol.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

randomous

@Morphtorok Ehhh, my code isn't very clear anyway. I look forward to spider solitaire if that's what you decide to make!

randomous

randomous

OK, I finished up the important extra features for Solitaire (who needs a fancy options menu?). You can find it in the QR Code Thread and the Petit Computer Wiki. The extra stuff includes:
-One card draw
-Settings retained across new games (if you quit the game, make sure to save your settings!)
-A "winning" screen (it doesn't say winner anywhere, it's just a nice animation. You know you're a winner lol).
-3 new novelty card backs (located before blue, after orange). I really like the way they came out! I might make more if I'm feeling creative lol.

Hope you enjoy it!

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Pixelrobin

I'm having trouble with my MATH command. Who would download and use Small_Math to make their own calculators anyways? Is it really worth it?

Also, is it possible to define a variable with another variable?
for instance:
BLAH$="num"
(BLAH$)=5
PRINT num
But a way that actually works?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

randomous

@Bluerobin2 Errr the only way I could think of doing this in Petit Computer would be to make a hash system. A hash system would take a string and "hash" it, creating a number which will hopefully uniquely identify the string. You could thus make an array of some large prime number (prime numbers work well for hashes), and make a hashing function which would convert a string into a number, which you then use to index into the array. The hard part is usually the hash function, because it needs to be able to deal with collisions (two strings hashing to the same index). Errr I didn't really explain that very well... hopefully the wiki page will give a better explanation.

randomous

Pixelrobin

Oh hey, I just disciverd KEY today, (Because I had to).
If you don't know what it is, it changes the function keys at the top to what you prefer:
KEY number, string to display

Cool stuff!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Slayer

Bluerobin2 wrote:

Oh hey, I just disciverd KEY today, (Because I had to).
If you don't know what it is, it changes the function keys at the top to what you prefer:
KEY number, string to display

Cool stuff!

I never knew that existed! Sounds useful!
I think I'll get back to Steam DS today. This might be hard, my code is quite messy, I can barely find what I want to change...
I know this time, it's a problem with my menu. I'll write down the code I used for the Apocalypse Rising menu and I'll compare it to my code in Steam DS.
I just thought about something weird... Why is the DS series so successful when people play the PSP and it's more powerful, has better games, etc.?
Is it the dual screens and the touch screen? I have no idea... I just know I own a PSP myself...
Edit: @randomous I just scanned your solitaire game and I'm already stuck... I ALWAYS get the defective virtual deck...
All I have is a 10 and 9 in one pile, a 9 and 8 in another, and I'm drawing cards and getting nothing useful. I LOVE the solitaire game, though, it's visually amazing and just phenomenal overall. Since you updated it, I gave in and scanned it. Totally worth the time to scan the QRs (though that wasn't very long).
Alright, I started a new game with the one card draw and it's helping.

Edited on by Slayer

InsertPi

Finishing up the touch GUI right now (The improved controls will be added in 1.2), reduced a bit of lag, adding sound effects, then on to releasing the codes!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

boot

IAmAPerson wrote:

Finishing up the touch GUI right now (The improved controls will be added in 1.2), reduced a bit of lag, adding sound effects, then on to releasing the codes!

Are they going to be done today?

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

InsertPi

boot wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Are they going to be done today?

Not sure yet.

Edited on by theblackdragon

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

SmokedSausage

Hey will someone make me a duck sprite like the duck from Duck Hunt as I am making A duck hunt Game? I will put you in the credits!

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic