Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 521 to 540 of 9,620

GrabSomeEyes

swordx wrote:

koopatroopaX wrote:

sorry i meant to emulate the GAMES not make an emulator. Anyway i was wondering if it would be possible to make a version of N64/SNES games on petit computer. the general idea i am getting from here is no for N64 and yes for SNES, so if i ever learn enough to make an SNES game, i will try to make a recreation of the SNES super mario world.

That SHOULD be possible. I know someone is nearing completion of a Mega Man 2 port, so a SNES game could be possible.

The Mega Man II port is almost done?
I thought it was still in the very, very early stages of development.
Well, should be fun to see how it works out, along with your program as well.

Eos OS: http://conlogxl.forumotion.com/t12-eos-os-v10
3DS FC: 3695-0514-5044

KAHN

i've been thinking about building a calculator. not some cheap calculator that everyone can make; an advanced one. i plan on allowing it to produce:
-addition (add up to 10 numbers at once)
-subtraction (subtract up to 10 numbers at once)
-multiplication (multiply up to 10 numbers at once)
-division
-exponents
-a cheap menu-like selection of calculation
-something along the lines of dividing by zero
and little more.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Eel

I have been busy with other things and other games, but I guess I'll show you all an image of my current petit project:
Untitled

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Late

Yay! Picross! I was also going to do that but can't because Europe doesn't have Petit Computer yet...

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Cocobanana

Why are you guys ignoring my question?:/

Cocobanana

KAHN

Cocobanana wrote:

Why are you guys ignoring my question?:/

what question? :/

KAHN

neoxid500

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i've been thinking about building a calculator. not some cheap calculator that everyone can make; an advanced one. i plan on allowing it to produce:
-addition (add up to 10 numbers at once)
-subtraction (subtract up to 10 numbers at once)
-multiplication (multiply up to 10 numbers at once)
-division
-exponents
-a cheap menu-like selection of calculation
-something along the lines of dividing by zero
and little more.

if you can learn how to use the touch screen commands than you can make a graphing calc like i'm making

neoxid500

Sprite

The one about the pokemon tcg game

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.
Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

Eel

Well, if the game tells you that there is a part of code out of reach, it means a certain part of the code you're running is out of reach,

There's not much we can do unless you tell us more about the problem.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

KAHN

@neoxid500
i'll probably add that in version 1.1, or whatever... i've completed the menu for the calc. BUT i've also wimped out and decided to add the exponents later. and when i said "a little more" I LIED.
Untitled
probably add exponents later, when i have the time to sketch everything into my notebook so i can work it out. probably wont have them at all :/

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

KAHN

Morphtroid wrote:

I tried to make a touch calculator.

Then I got bored.

Good luck with yours!

im a sleaze. as far as "advanced" goes, it will only be able to add, subtract, and multiply multiple numbers in one equation.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

GrabSomeEyes

Cocobanana wrote:

Can someone help?

I made a game but it says:
Subscript out of range (1, PRINT)
Ok

How do i fix this?

I'm probably the worst generally active person here, but I'll try to help as best as I can.
The (1, PRINT) tells me your error starts with your first line of coding, and it's a PRINT command. I'm willing to bet your problem starts with not using the command correctly. When you want Petit Computer to type something out for you on the screen you put in the command like this:
1. PRINT "What ever you want to write goes here in between these two quotation marks."

So yeah. The 1 is just to show you that'd be your first line of code, and make sure you've got the phrase in quotation marks. Edit: Thought about it again. That'd be a syntax error. With my very basic knowledge of... BASIC, I'd have to see your code to try and figure it out.

Edit: Unrelated but I've abandoned my quest for a music database already. I never started. I've decided on a English - Spanish basic phrasebook, firstly to help myself get adjusted to menus, and secondly to program a study material for my class. Plus, if it'd help out anyone else, I'd be absolutely delighted to make something people might actually use to make their lives easier. If I could get it going soon, I'd probably continue updating it as class goes on, adding in more phrases and whatnot. Anyway, let's hope I don't just abandon this one too.

Edited on by GrabSomeEyes

Eos OS: http://conlogxl.forumotion.com/t12-eos-os-v10
3DS FC: 3695-0514-5044

ramstrong

I did a whole discourse on how to debug PRINT on Petit Computer Journal #5.
http://ramstrong.blogspot.com/2012/09/petit-computer-journal-...
Look under "Problems and How to ask questions" section.

But I don't think the problem is in PRINT. That is why we need code. Subscript out of range error on first line really points to using Arrays without declaring DIM.
You need to declare ARRAY DIMension before using them. It's not like old BASIC where there is assumption of 10 elements unless declared otherwise.
HTH.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

swordx

I will not be working on Dungeon Adventure for I while. This is due to me just receiving my imported copy of Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. However, I will tell you one thing about the final version. It WILL have side quests.

swordx

Tingle

Three Things:

Does anybody know how to make a sprite move with keystrokes?
Does anybody know how to set up the background of the screen?
Does anybody know how to make their own sprites?

Tingle

Cocobanana

Is petit computer different then the old BASIC programming?
Because im using my old coding i used 3 years ago,

So what should i change in my coding?

Cocobanana

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic