Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 381 to 400 of 9,620

Eel

@petitprogrammer: Added. To create QR codes you just need to visit petitcomputer.com and use their converter.

@Ispheria: Well, no... Unless cows count as NPCs... You can talk to them. They're not very interesting though.
The only characters in the game are you and the three shopkeepers. I was planning to add a separate npc, but she ended up as a shopkeeper too (Anna).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LyIa

Alright, uhm.
I have no idea how to code this stuff. I used to work with .cs and .ini files for game modding, but building games from stage 1 using BASIC is hard as trying to understand why the hell we study trivial freaking history crap.
I'm trying to make a Zelda-like sort of game based around the Adventure Time world, but I have no idea how to load custom sprites or make them move. Nor do I know how to give enemies AI. I thought this program was gonna have a tutorial for all of this.

edit: Oh, and I'm also trying to make a children's card game. whoop whoop YGOTAS

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings 👑

petitprogrammer

Maybe I should be more specific, I know how to make them but I dont know how to post this on this thread.

Edited on by petitprogrammer

petitprogrammer

petitprogrammer

@sushifreAK to load sprites and make them move use this coding. PS.CLS clears the screen of text so it's good to use at the start of programs.
PPS.First you need to make sprites in PRG:CHU0. And set it to sprite mode also you'll notice the numbers 0-7 on the bottom where i put 0 just change it depending on what one you use and filename is what you sved it as.
CLS
LOAD "SPU0:FILENAME"
SPSET 0,LOCATION,0,0,0,0,16,16
PRINT "Use the d-pad to move
@LOOP
IF BTRIG()==1 GOTO @ UP
IF BTRIG()==2 GOTO @DOWN
IF BTRIG()==4 GOTO @LEFT
IF BTRIG()==8 GOTO @RIGHT
GOTO @LOOP
@UP
SPREAD(0)X,Y
SPOFS 0,X,Y-16,60
GOTO @LOOP
@DOWN
SPREAD(0),X,Y
SPOFS 0,X,Y+16,60
GOTO @LOOP
@LEFT
SPREAD(0)X,Y
SPOFS 0,X-16,Y,60
GOTO @LOOP
@RIGHT
SPREAD(0)X,Y
SPOFS 0,X+16,Y,60
GOTO@LOOP

If you want me to edit this to show you how tom animate it so it looks like it's walking just ask.

petitprogrammer

Linput

hey I was wondering if morphdroid could make me a tutorial on petit computer. I just learned how to use @LOOP, but I need some MAJOR help for BASIC. Plz.

Linput-3DS friend code: 4725-8494-2702
Pokemon White 2 pal-pad code: 1979 9213 55

I'm currently looking for some peeps to make SALLY a website, facebook, and email. If anyone does this u will be mentioned as a producer in the SALLY OS credits! :)

LyIa

Thanks @petitprogrammer
Mind explaining how this works and how to spawn swords/melee weapons?
I think I know how to animate them. I'll post if I ever need help.

all men are kings 👑

Shadow1364

@Morphtroid Wow, that looks great! Can't wait to play it. Btw what ideas do you have for any future projects you will be working on with PTC?

FC: 1934-1622-0902

Icebender7

Linput14 wrote:

hey I was wondering if morphdroid could make me a tutorial on petit computer. I just learned how to use @LOOP, but I need some MAJOR help for BASIC. Plz.

I really need help too :/

Icebender7

Eel

I don't really know how to teach
I don't know on which page of the thread, but someone already posted a link to a BASIC tutorial.
I also recommend you to read the game manual, that's what I did to learn.

If you ever need help with specific problems, I'll be glad to try and help.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Mk_II

a good way to start learning is by looking at other people's code

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Shadow1364

Hey theres a new thread for PTC tutorials so anyone who wants to help out with coding should check it out.
P.S. Please mind the rules, I don't want it getting crowded with questions or comments.

FC: 1934-1622-0902

Linput

Mk_II wrote:

a good way to start learning is by looking at other people's code

thx I listened to your advice, and i learned a bit more!

I'm currently looking for some peeps to make SALLY a website, facebook, and email. If anyone does this u will be mentioned as a producer in the SALLY OS credits! :)

Linput

Morphtroid PLZ finish quick your game looks AWESOME!!!!!!!

Linput

oh also can someone tell me why when i save my stuff to sd, on the computer, nothing is inside of the folder named "SALLY" (AKA my programs name)

KAHN

@Morphtroid
you seem very... ... ... intelligent about PetitComputer. i was wondering if you could add me via 3DS. i tried asking on the official 3DS FC thread, but it didnt work out, so i deleted my comment. gotta ask here, or else you wont see it. my FC/name is in my signature below

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Eel

@linput: that sounds strange, are you sure they're not there? Have you really saved them? Maybe you deleted them by mistake?

@old_skool: thanks! I have never visited that thread, so yeah... I added you now.

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic