Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,301 to 3,320 of 9,620

Hairmanban19

zeldafoursword wrote:

@hairmanban19 very good tutorial! please do more!

I'm glad you like it! In the next tutorial i will explain that other option command i was telling you about and i will explain how to put music in your game! I don't really know any more BASIC than that but i will be sure to make tutorial 2.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

swordx

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

I've been uploading QR codes for Dungeon Adventure onto my Youtube channel. Not all QR codes have been uploaded yet. My username is ssworddx.

I was able to scan the QR codes for sprites 1 and 2 but on the video for the third sprites you went by the first QR code too quick and i wasn't able to scan it. But your sprites are awesome.Also i liked and subscribed your videos.

Ugggg...That means that I need to retake that video... I'll upload the rest when that's done.

EDIT: Uploading the fixed QR codes now.

The fifth set of sprites won't finish processing...

I'm in the process of uploading the final video. It's taking sooooooooo long.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

I've been uploading QR codes for Dungeon Adventure onto my Youtube channel. Not all QR codes have been uploaded yet. My username is ssworddx.

I was able to scan the QR codes for sprites 1 and 2 but on the video for the third sprites you went by the first QR code too quick and i wasn't able to scan it. But your sprites are awesome.Also i liked and subscribed your videos.

Ugggg...That means that I need to retake that video... I'll upload the rest when that's done.

On the video for sprite 4,you went past the first QR code too fast again.

swordx

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

I finished uploading all QR codes. Keep trying on number 4. Try pausing the video at different points. I think they all work.

Edit: I'm uploading the fixed version right now.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

I finished uploading all QR codes. Keep trying on number 4. Try pausing the video at different points. I think they all work.

I'm scanning the QR codes for the game and it is really hard to scan them!!!!!! Its taking forever and i'm only on QR code 17!!!

swordx

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

I'm scanning the QR codes for the game and it is really hard to scan them!!!!!! Its taking forever and i'm only on QR code 17!!!

Sorry. It took FOREVER to make AND upload that video, too. Was NOT fun. I hope you enjoy the game.

swordx

damolii

@swordx thank you. I will finish now.

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

swordx

damolii wrote:

@swordx thank you. I will finish now.

Your welcome! I have to use that a lot in one of the games I'm working on. Hope your programs turn out well!

EDIT: By the way, I TRIED to program an Egil's story, low graphics quality, Xenoblade, but even though I have the programming skill to do so, I lack the art skills. It didn't work out well...I guess I'll stick to 2D or top-down for future games.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

Sorry. It took FOREVER to make AND upload that video, too. Was NOT fun. I hope you enjoy the game.

Well,i didn't get to scan QR code 17,i was sitting there for about 20 minutes trying to scan it. I'll try to scan them again tomorrow but if i still can't then i'll just have to forget about it.

swordx

I'm in the process of uploading a fixed version of that video. It SHOULD work this time.

Edit: I'll do the uploading on Thursday.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

randomous

@swordx I'm incredibly sorry if this sounds rude (I absolutely did not mean for it to be) but... why do you need to upload it as a video? If you have the qr codes, you should have the means to upload at LEAST a zip file with the qr codes included. Heck, send me the ptc file and I'll do it myself rather than have to scroll through an entire forum page of "I can't read this" lol. My email is [email protected] if you'd like to send me the ptc file(s).

Edit: I see that you're on a computer... well, if you'd like to do it yourself, here's what you do:

• Get a dropbox account.
  • Activate your account, but don't install dropbox.
  • Visit the dropbox website
  • Sign in
  • Go to your "Public" folder on dropbox
  • Make a folder in there called "Petit Computer" or something. You can make as many folders as you need, as long as they're all in "Public"
  • When you make your QR codes, click the "Save together (ZIP)" button that's near the top of the codes.
  • Go find that file on your computer, then drag and drop onto the dropbox website into that folder you made.
  • Once it shows up on dropbox (it may take a few seconds), right click the file on dropbox.
  • Select the option "Copy Public Link"
  • A window will appear with a big long link in it. Give people that link to download the file.
  • Other people do not need your dropbox information (don't give it out!), they only need the link
  • Giving them the link WILL NOT give them full access to your account, it will only let them download that one file.
  • Repeat as necessary

If you need more help, please let me know. Also, if you upload a picture, you can use the link to the picture (using the same "Copy public link" method above) to put pictures directly in your post, like this:

http://db.tt/AyoYMSUM

Edited on by randomous

randomous

swordx

randomous wrote:

@swordx I'm incredibly sorry if this sounds rude (I absolutely did not mean for it to be) but... why do you need to upload it as a video? If you have the qr codes, you should have the means to upload at LEAST a zip file with the qr codes included. Heck, send me the ptc file and I'll do it myself rather than have to scroll through an entire forum page of "I can't read this" lol.

I don't know how to upload zip files. I used to put the QR codes on Photobucket, but the updated, so now it won't work. Sorry about this page. I'm trying to upload it again right now.

By the way, I got a little irritated while making the video. I found it kind of comical when looking over the video.

By the way, it's done uploading now. PLEASE PLAY IT! This took me forever!

Edited on by swordx

swordx

swordx

randomous wrote:

@swordx I'm incredibly sorry if this sounds rude (I absolutely did not mean for it to be) but... why do you need to upload it as a video? If you have the qr codes, you should have the means to upload at LEAST a zip file with the qr codes included. Heck, send me the ptc file and I'll do it myself rather than have to scroll through an entire forum page of "I can't read this" lol. My email is [email protected] if you'd like to send me the ptc file(s).

Edit: I see that you're on a computer... well, if you'd like to do it yourself, here's what you do:

*Get a dropbox account.
*Activate your account, but don't install dropbox.
*Visit the dropbox website
*Sign in
*Go to your "Public" folder
*Make a folder in there called "Petit Computer" or something. You can make as many folders as you need
*When you make your QR codes, click the "Save together (ZIP)" button that's near the top of the codes.
*Go find that file on your computer, then drag and drop onto the dropbox website into that folder you made.
*Once it shows up on dropbox (it may take a few seconds), right click the file on dropbox.
*Select the option "Copy Public Link"
*A window will appear with a big long link in it. Give people that link to download the file.
*Other people do not need your dropbox information (don't give it out!), they only need the link
*Giving them the link WILL NOT give them full access to your account, it will only let them download that one file.
*Repeat as necessary

Thanks. I'll do that for future games. I'll leave this one on Youtube...cuz...ya know...I'm lazy. But thank you very much!

swordx

randomous

@swordx Well, just email me the ptc files and I'll do it for you this time. Use a non personal email address to send them if you're worried.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

swordx

randomous wrote:

@swordx Well, just email me the ptc files and I'll do it for you this time. Use a non personal email address to send them if you're worried.

It's late and I'm posting this on my phone, so no thanks. But I do appreciate the offer!

Edited on by swordx

swordx

randomous

@swordx That's fine, I have no idea what time it is where you are. Sorry about that!

randomous

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

randomous wrote:

@swordx I'm incredibly sorry if this sounds rude (I absolutely did not mean for it to be) but... why do you need to upload it as a video? If you have the qr codes, you should have the means to upload at LEAST a zip file with the qr codes included. Heck, send me the ptc file and I'll do it myself rather than have to scroll through an entire forum page of "I can't read this" lol.

I don't know how to upload zip files. I used to put the QR codes on Photobucket, but the updated, so now it won't work. Sorry about this page. I'm trying to upload it again right now.

By the way, I got a little irritated while making the video. I found it kind of comical when looking over the video.

By the way, it's done uploading now. PLEASE PLAY IT! This took me forever!

Ok,i'll get it tomorrow! Thanks for going through all of that trouble just so we can play the game!

Markybhoy

Since Petit isnt out yet until tomorrow would it be worth working through this basic tutorial ?

http://www.svatopluk.com/qbtutor/

I'm assuming most variants of Basic are similar ?

I've not done any Basic programming before.

Edited on by Markybhoy

Markybhoy

ramstrong

Markybhoy wrote:

Since Petit isnt out yet until tomorrow would it be worth working through this basic tutorial ?

http://www.svatopluk.com/qbtutor/

I'm assuming most variants of Basic are similar ?

I've not done any Basic programming before.

It doesn't hurt, but QBasic and Smile Basic are 2 different things. I'd suggest that you wait until you get PetitComputer and learn SmileBasic. Only go there if you get stuck. The keywords are mostly the same, but there are enough gotchas to trip beginners.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic