Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,241 to 3,260 of 9,620

Hairmanban19

@Zeldafoursword would you like me to make some tutorial games on Petit Computer? I would be able to teach enough BASIC to make a text adventure game.

Edited on by Hairmanban19

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

ramstrong

hairmanban19 wrote:

@Zeldafoursword would you like me to make some tutorial games on Petit Computer? I would be able to teach enough BASIC to make a text adventure game.

I would like to see that happens! So, please do.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

zeldafoursword

yes that would be amazing im trying to learn but i am a lot confused :S

zeldafoursword

Hairmanban19

zeldafoursword wrote:

yes that would be amazing im trying to learn but i am a lot confused :S

Ok. I'll start making some now.

randomous

@Zack56144 The Kingdom Hearts song is really good! I guess it's time for me to make "part 2" to the tutorial.

randomous

atariman

Well, I'm a HUGE retro gaming fan. but I' m more of an Atari fan. I made a very simple Mini version of Centipede. It's only on it's beta test, it's on beta test 1.4.5.

atariman

twinArmageddons

TexMurphy wrote:

@Fadeintodust
I finally figured out how to shoot multiple bullets at a target and move around. Anyone that wants to use this for a game please do. I don't need credit, I just want to play the game you come up with.
Untitled

thank you this is awesome ^~^

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

Gimmemorecoinz

ramstrong wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

I would like to see that happens! So, please do.

Maybe if I get some free time I can start helping with tutorials. If petitprofessor left youtube maybe I can do some quick videos but I don't have alot of time right now I have a long term guest staying over at my place and I'm gonna have to deal with more tooth pain from having teeth removed soon BLECK.. only three more to go? hopefully that'll be it. Darn wisdom teeth! . I'd love to get more involved in the community here though.. Maybe someone could suggest the most frequently asked questions by newbies, and we create a resource where all those questions or posts, and the common answers are archived for people to see (and posted clearly somewhere either on a seperate site or somewhere in this thread we can link to. )

Also a good resource people keep forgetting to suggest is the Petit Computer function guide, it's not so much useful to newbies I don't think though. But still a good thing to have listed.
Any tutorial should introduce the vast number of different pages/tutorials and other resources available on the internet.
Good news. I've began to learn 6502 assembly language (the same language the nes uses) and I'm starting to get the hang of it.
I'm not implying I can port nes games to petit computer. That would take alot of effort.

Petit Legend of zelda is taking alot out of me. I have a few other projects going as well including a full blown space shooter game for pc who's design is not near complete but alot of the core gameplay mechanics are.

Should we make a petit computer official community youtube group where people can post their videos?
Maybe we should have a more elaborate art/sprites tutorial section somewhere on whatever site people are making. That'd be great.
I'm sorry for the disorganization in my post. haha. Just getting it all out there.

I'm going to take what I know from developing for other systems/consoles and try to write up some basic tutorial stuff.
Most tutorials should include extensive information on data types before even getting into sprites. I've noticed a common trend with newbies.
"how do I move this sprite"
"how do I draw this graphic"
"how do I use my own graphics"
and "how do I set the background"
"how do I play music"
most newbies seem to want to jump right into creating their first graphical game.
I'll say this much, I'm a decent programmer when it comes to pc stuff but still even with my experience on pc I haven't been able to make a full game in petit computer yet (The sprite system is hard to get used to when you want custom stuff)

Wow. Long post right? I think I'll leave it at that for now.
Post, comment, share. Etc.
:3

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

steriaca

atariman wrote:

Well, I'm a HUGE retro gaming fan. but I' m more of an Atari fan. I made a very simple Mini version of Centipede. It's only on it's beta test, it's on beta test 1.4.5.

I myself would love to see it. Have you thought of making a PTC version of... drat... I'm forgeting the name of the game... the paddle game where you defend your castle and destroy the castles of others? Or of the original Gauntlet? I seen a semi-asteroid-ish game, but we need the real thing more than a demo.

Anyways, any games from Atari you want to (what would be the corect lingo...I got it) pay homage to? (sounds better than 'rip off' anyways)

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

steriaca

Bluerobin2 wrote:

You may now view the official Tutorial site in progress at:
petitcomputercommunity.blogspot.com (working URL)

Looks good so far, Bluerobin2. Hears hopeing the project works.

Discostew

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

(The sprite system is hard to get used to when you want custom stuff)

Heh, I can relate to that. I'm coming from a GBA/DS homebrew background with direct access to the memory-mapped registers, and just looking at how PTC handles sprites, I've seriously found myself asking "why?" a number of times. I'm even wondering why many of of capabilities of the DS's 2D hardware aren't being used, such as Mosaic and Color Blending.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Hairmanban19

steriaca wrote:

atariman wrote:

I myself would love to see it. Have you thought of making a PTC version of... drat... I'm forgeting the name of the game... the paddle game where you defend your castle and destroy the castles of others? Or of the original Gauntlet? I seen a semi-asteroid-ish game, but we need the real thing more than a demo.

Anyways, any games from Atari you want to (what would be the corect lingo...I got it) pay homage to? (sounds better than 'rip off' anyways)

I bet you are thinking of Rampark.

Hairmanban19

BlackSpy wrote:

Tutorials....anyone............help.............please?

There is a tutoral thread here and i am making a tutorial program on Petit Computer that teaches you how to at least be able to make a text adventure game.

Zack56144

randomous wrote:

@Zack56144 The Kingdom Hearts song is really good! I guess it's time for me to make "part 2" to the tutorial.

Thanks!

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

randomous

I posted a new MML tutorial on the tutorial thread, if anybody's interested. It's harder stuff that's only useful you actually want to make full sounding songs. Hope it helps!

randomous

steriaca

hairmanban19 wrote:

steriaca wrote:

atariman wrote:

I bet you are thinking of Rampark.

Nope. I know Rampark. This was a black and white game played with up to four players on a cocktail cabnet. Controls were a spinner knob, and a "launch/grab" button. The game starts with a dragon sprite tossing a 'fierball' at one of the four towers on the screen, then continues till only one tower is left standing. (Note, game uses overlays to produce color). Game was released for home as a 2600 game (with color).

Hairmanban19

I will post the QR codes for my tutorial program on monday.

ramstrong

steriaca wrote:

Making a real asteroid game isn't that far off from the demo. Removing internal debugging data. Put out some waves. That's about it, right?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

twinArmageddons

i need help making my sprite move D:

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic