Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,981 to 3,000 of 9,620

Zack56144

@randomous Your welcome!
anyone know the link to Petit Tunnel? if you do can you post it? or if its on an other page direct me to that page? becuase i cant find it anywhere xD
thanks
-Shadow

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

Hairmanban19

damolii wrote:

Okay, Everyone. I am finally finished with that Minecraft song I promised like a month ago. Anyway, here it is. I would just like to ask though that if you use it in a game, and you are adding credits to that game, that you include me. If you're not going to have credits in the game however, no problem. Here it is!!!

http://imgur.com/cF6O8kM

Awesome job!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hairmanban19

Zack56144 wrote:

@randomous Your welcome!
anyone know the link to Petit Tunnel? if you do can you post it? or if its on an other page direct me to that page? becuase i cant find it anywhere xD
thanks
-Shadow

Look on the Petit Computer Wikia.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Zack56144

Okay Everyone I'm Proud to announce Nova OS V0.5
Untitled
Untitled
Here is the font
Untitled
Okay i worked hard on this and i hope you will enjoy it.
Here is the official Changelog
-Added Music Selector
-Added 1 New Recipie
-Added Pokedex Generation I
-Made custom font
-Minor bug fixes
Okay thats pretty much it Special Thanks to @randomous for his Zelda song!
alright thats all for now thanks for your support
-Shadow

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

damolii

Imagine If someone made a recreation of Chrono Trigger for Petit Computer!!!! I so wish I could do it,but Chrono Trigger's too advanced for me:( One of the best rpg's ever made. It was way above its peers and its time.

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

Discostew

damolii wrote:

Imagine If someone made a recreation of Chrono Trigger for Petit Computer!!!! I so wish I could do it,but Chrono Trigger's too advanced for me:( One of the best rpg's ever made. It was way above its peers and its time.

In all honesty, it's likely too advanced for PTC in general.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

bl0x0r3303

Hey guys I know I've been gone for a while it's because I'm just unteachable I tried to keep notes and that didn't work. I tried to pay attention to the posts for info that didn't work either so what im saying is that I'm done with programming. And don't say oh he is a quitter and won't amount to any thing so I'm sick of petit computer im sticking with playing games than making it was fun while it lasted... goodbye petit computer signed Bl0x0r. Ps dont dare criticize me.

bl0x0r3303

Pixelrobin

@GeekDude you misunderstood. A chrome "app" is like an advanced bookmark. A Chrome "extension" is like a mod. All the app would do is link to the maker site. Watch this for more information.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

randomous

@bl0x0r3303 I'm sorry that you felt that programming was so difficult that you had to quit. It's not for everyone though; just like anything else, you really have to like it before you commit yourself to it.

randomous

damolii

@Discostew Now that I think about it you're right. All those alternate ending and those variable. Doesn't hurt to dream though XD

Discostew

@damolii Maybe something along the lines of Chrono Trigger, heavily reduced in effects and capabilities, but recreating the actual game is very unlikely, even for an expert programmer trying to use PTC.

Discostew

Discostew

TexMurphy wrote:

I'm working on a baseball game but the AI for the field will be difficult. Who will get the ball? Who will they throw it to or should they tag someone out? Anyways, it would be nice if someone creates a Street Fighter game. Everyone is making OS or paint programs. Should we post our test and unfinished programs for someone to run with?

yWell, for you baseball game, how are you dealing with the ball? If you know where it will land after each bounce, you could project where the ball would land, and then decide how the AI would react to that spot, like closest will go after it. Maybe even after each bounce, recalculate distances. With the player that has the ball, you could check distances between runners, and see whether running to them to tag them would be best (or even possible), or throwing the ball to one of the people on a base being ran to is better. Pretty much, whichever is possible and in the least amount of time.

Discostew

damolii

I was thinking of making a soccer game, then after 5 seconds of planning it out in my head, I reconsidered.

randomous

@Discostew I've found that if you're careful, you can do quite a lot of processing. For instance, in Village (sorry I keep bringing it up all the time), there are 20 bugs and 6 fish all using trigonometric functions for movement processing, and each one is treated as a separate entity, so there's quite a bit going on. I mean, it's not THAT much, but it's still 26 entities all being processed all the time (even if they're not on screen). At first I wasn't even able to get 6 fish to swim by themselves, because it was running too slow (collision detection, slow start/stop instead of constant speed, spawning, etc.). However, I did a sort of "round robin" type thing so that the slower moving fish didn't get processed on every frame, and unsurprisingly I was able to do a lot more. For instance, I broke the frames up into clumps of four, and of the four I assigned one of them to fish movement processing. Two were reserved for bug movement (they didn't look good at 15 frames per second), and the last one is the spawning/flight pattern change frame. It's obviously not a new concept, but it's something to keep in mind if you've got too much stuff to do per frame.

randomous

ChangeV

randomous wrote:

@Discostew I've found that if you're careful, you can do quite a lot of processing. For instance, in Village (sorry I keep bringing it up all the time), there are 20 bugs and 6 fish all using trigonometric functions for movement processing, and each one is treated as a separate entity, so there's quite a bit going on. I mean, it's not THAT much, but it's still 26 entities all being processed all the time (even if they're not on screen). At first I wasn't even able to get 6 fish to swim by themselves, because it was running too slow (collision detection, slow start/stop instead of constant speed, spawning, etc.). However, I did a sort of "round robin" type thing so that the slower moving fish didn't get processed on every frame, and unsurprisingly I was able to do a lot more. For instance, I broke the frames up into clumps of four, and of the four I assigned one of them to fish movement processing. Two were reserved for bug movement (they didn't look good at 15 frames per second), and the last one is the spawning/flight pattern change frame. It's obviously not a new concept, but it's something to keep in mind if you've got too much stuff to do per frame.

I did same thing in my 'Oh~ My Eyes!!'game.
I divided enemy into 2 groups. Even index and odd index. And process each group in each frames. And using interpolation time on SPOFS for smooth movement.

ChangeV

Nitras

Quick question: I'm trying to build a Super Smash Bros.-esque game, and to allow me to zoom in and out, the stages are going to be built with sprites. However, after making a basic FOR loop to use SPSCALE and SPOFS in tandem, the last sprite in the loop (sp 10) slowly disappears, from the top to the bottom, whenever I zoom out. Does anyone have any idea why this might happen?

Nitras

randomous

@ChangeV Cool, I was originally going to do the same thing with SPOFS as well! The only problem was that the bugs move in circles, and using 15 fps made the circles look more like pentagons, so using SPOFS just looked weird.

randomous

Discostew

Nitras wrote:

Quick question: I'm trying to build a Super Smash Bros.-esque game, and to allow me to zoom in and out, the stages are going to be built with sprites. However, after making a basic FOR loop to use SPSCALE and SPOFS in tandem, the last sprite in the loop (sp 10) slowly disappears, from the top to the bottom, whenever I zoom out. Does anyone have any idea why this might happen?

You would have to show us that part of the code so we can examine why it is doing that.

Discostew

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic