Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 9,620

randomous

@Ramstrong It depends on how large the data is. Why do you need a checksum in Petit Computer? Are you worried your data will be incorrect? Or are you trying to implement some sort of magical QR generator right on Petit Computer?

Edit: Oops, just saw that you might use a different algorithm, in which case you're not making a QR generator.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

ramstrong

The data will be from CHKCHR and GPSOIT. I'm thinking of making a program that acts like Fill-in-the-blank type. For example, in the beginning, I can ask you to put code in subroutine @HELLO and then check auto check it.

GOTO @MAIN

@HELLO
'Clear screen
'Print "HELLO WORLD"
RETURN

@MAIN
GOSUB @HELLO
GOSUB @CHKSUM:'Assign SCRSUM as checksum
if SCRSUM==(insert correct CHKSUM value here) then ?"Correct!" ELSE ?"Try again!"
END

Something like that.
Of course, making a QR generator is nice, too.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

randomous

Instead of going through all the painstakingly difficult transformations of fancy security checksums, why not just directly compare them? Or, if you're trying to be sneaky, do a simple cryptographic transformation across the whole message (like the enigma machine or something) instead of generating a hash so that the user can't immediately determine the message.

randomous

ramstrong

As I understand it, MD5 is nothing more than binary arithmetic operation. I read the Wiki, but my eyes glazed over at the hexadecimal figures. It's just 16 bytes transformations, right? So, it shouldn't be that hard to implement. Ditto for crypto cipher operations. Just shift, rotate, and XOR, really. My method is RNG. Nothing more than basic modulo arithmetic.

My desire to go beyond simple copy is actually size related. It's a whole lot easier to store a number than it is to store a screen, especially graphic screen. And I don't want to put the code in there since it's supposed to be a fill-in situation, not copy. There's a whole lot of techniques I can do, especially if I have a DIFF algo set up. It'll take more than a posting in a forum to explain them all.

And once I have the routines, it's just a simple APPEND away. If you can't do it, that's okay. I can use RNG method to do it. Thanks.

Petit Computer Journal

Pixelrobin

Hmmm, @ramstrong what do you think we should do as a logo? The site is still very heavily in progress. I'm doing the code separate.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Pixelrobin

It will not allow me to edit the colors for some reason. I might have to start over. (After I save all the code on the site itself). Also, a chat engine is coming @ramstrong, I just need to get the theme and logo of the site right. I'm thinking of using Chatango, But I'm tempted to write a chat widget myself that allows people to not create an account and just type in their name when they chat. The Blog part will NOT be the actual home, But well, A Home screen. I am also using Da Button Factory to create buttons, then editing them to the way I want them. What do you think of the button design? Also, what should we have on the Home page? I was thinking of making a slideshow kind of thing like on this site (Simple Javascript). Then maybe we could have external links and a recent question feed on the home page. So far I'm thinking of adding a page where you can share your games, ask people questions, browse the blog, a page where the admin information will be, and a forum. What do you think? Seriously guys, I need more Ideas and suggestions for the content and visuals of the site.

@GeekDude Try to at least port the Python to Java. Maybe Jython?

Pixelrobin

@GeekDude so We could put it online and off. I could also make it a Chrome app.

GeekDude

@Bluerobin2 Chrome apps are in javascript/html, why not just do a copy/paste from PTE (of course asking permission) if you want to do a chrome app? Also, we already have PTE online.

GeekDude

damolii

Okay, Everyone. I am finally finished with that Minecraft song I promised like a month ago. Anyway, here it is. I would just like to ask though that if you use it in a game, and you are adding credits to that game, that you include me. If you're not going to have credits in the game however, no problem. Here it is!!!

http://imgur.com/cF6O8kM

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

Hmmm, @ramstrong what do you think we should do as a logo? The site is still very heavily in progress. I'm doing the code separate.

The same as the URL: "Petit Community". They need to match or people will get confused. These and other headaches are the reasons why I didn't volunteer to come up with the blog. Too much work. So, thank you for doing the hard work for us. Anyway, the reason why I asked for chat is so that we can meet and talk about these issues without hogging the forum, so first get it done, then hammer down the rest of the site's details later.

Regarding MD5 checksum, I managed to locate the original paper by Rivest, and what do you know? It's an easier reading than the wiki! Now that I know it's strictly 32 bit, however, I decided to go with simpler RNG instead. Once I have bit manipulation routines, MD5 is a great weekend time waster, so I may end up doing it still.

Petit Computer Journal

randomous

@damolii Good job on the Minecraft song! Why didn't you make it a piano though? That's what the original song had.

Edit: changed my name to randomous so it didn't have the word "crap" in it anymore. Also, maybe people won't think I was born in '98 anymore.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

damolii

@randommous thank you. I was thinking using piano, but I wanted it to have a more "retro" feel (or something on that path). I don't know, I just didn't want it to be another boring piano cover.
P.S I'm thinking of making a Petite Rpg. There are not a lot of rpg's out there for PTC,so I'm gonna make another one. So, anyway I have so far made the walking engine, but there is a problem. I am using background scrolling for the walking.The only time it works is when a completely different program has run exactly before it. It's so weird. Anybody think of any ideas??

Edited on by damolii

Justlink

Im back, i need ideas, so plz help me out

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

boot

Hey guys I'm back from vacation and over vacation I made a really cool fighting game. But I don't know how to post it. My next project is a new os.

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

damolii

@justlink A recreation of Chrono Trigger for PTC, a recreation of Magi-Nation (Game Boy Color Edition Of course), For PTC, Multi-player Co-op shooter, Minecraft game For PTC with 3d........ should I go on??? XD

@boot Do you have a SD card?/ if u do, there should be some website that lets you convert those files into regular. Then, you Could use PTC Utilities to work out the kinks and make A QR code for it. Then get on any of the various Picture sharing websites like Imgur. With Imgur, all u need to do is drag the QR code from whatever file you put it in to the website. Good luck!!!

@justlink and @boot Hope that helps:)

Edited on by damolii

Justlink

@damoli (cuss word in your name, try and fix it if you want) i've watched magi-nation (spells magination) but never the game.
@randomous im offended, i was born in 1998

I'm finishing an old test project called random battler, where u fight famous game characters. (suggest some if you want)

randomous

@justlink Haha, I didn't mean it was a bad year! I just wasn't born then and didn't want to give a false impression.

randomous

damolii

@justlink 1:no one else noticed it but you 2:its not a cuss word.......... 3:Trust me, the game was better than the show. Show was stupid. Horrible waste of a Saturday........ 4:Chrono from Chrono Trigger,The Chocobo from FFV Advanced,Tony(I think that was his name) from Magi-nation, and that's pretty much it. Good Luck making an SNES character look legit on PTC XDXDXD

Edited on by damolii

Justlink

@damoli I'll look up a video on youtube

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic