Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 9,620

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong Thanks again! I changed it to BGPUT and made it so It copies as a GRP. I can create a GRP but how do I save it? I created the GRP on the top screen. I did something like this:

FOR SIDE=0 TO 19
FOR LOPS=0 TO 31
BGREAD(0,LOPS,SIDE),CHR,P,H,V
GBOX LOPS*8,SIDE*8,LOPS*8+8,SIDE*8+8,CHR
GPAINT LOPS*8+1,SIDE*8+1,CHR
NEXT
NEXT
GPAGE 1
RETURN

Edited on by Pixelrobin

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong Thanks again! I changed it to BGPUT and made it so It copies as a GRP. I can create a GRP but how do I save it? I created the GRP on the top screen. I did something like this:

FOR SIDE=0 TO 19
FOR LOPS=0 TO 31
BGREAD(0,LOPS,SIDE),CHR,P,H,V
GBOX LOPS*8,SIDE*8,LOPS*8+8,SIDE*8+8,CHR
GPAINT LOPS*8+1,SIDE*8+1,CHR
NEXT
NEXT
GPAGE 1
RETURN

Uh, are you sure you're bluerobin2? Because if you want to do that, may as well use GFILL to begin with. Anyway, you just save as normal. My most recent Flipnote app has an example of saving and loading graphics. The QR code is on the sharing thread. Let me know if you need further help.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong yes I am bluerobin2. What rises your suspicion? I was not aware of the GFILL command. Thank you again for all of your help even though i'm kind of trashing half the code you gave me (sorry). But you did help a lot, and my pixel art drawing program can finally overcome that obstacle. I will give you credit.

ramstrong

Well, you're usually smarter than this. GBOX and GFILL are next to each other, right? Besides, I edited post#2766 to specifically include GFILL.

Petit Computer Journal

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong I am new to the advanced graphic system. I have only worked with graphics in Temple Raid and Glitter. BTW your drawing program is great! But, Can't you save it all to one qrp? You could use GPSET to make mini drawings and put multiple ones in a single GRP file.

I really need to release the newer version of TR as well....

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong I am new to the advanced graphic system. I have only worked with graphics in Temple Raid and Glitter. BTW your drawing program is great! But, Can't you save it all to one qrp? You could use GPSET to make mini drawings and put multiple ones in a single GRP file.
I really need to release the newer version of TR as well....

Thanks. I suppose I can make mini drawings if I want to sacrifice resolution. But I don't want to. The resolution is low enough as-is, and the eventual successor will require every bit of resolution it can handle, even at the expense of speed and memory. Also, another consideration is that I can compress the image using RLE, but that would kill the speed too much, and it will stop being an animation.

Petit Computer Journal

Pixelrobin

Is there a way to do something like CHKCHR() on the touch screen?

RR529

I have no experience in coding whatsoever, but am intrigued by this app.

I've heard there are tools for beginners here, but how well do they set you up for the real deal?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

Is there a way to do something like CHKCHR() on the touch screen?

Not that I know of. My standard way to deal with it is to just write a custom subroutine and set aside array to remember what was out and read the array as needed. Basically, the process goes DATA->ARRAY->SCREEN. Slower, but if you really need the capability to read, there's no substitute.

Petit Computer Journal

ramstrong

RR529 wrote:

I've heard there are tools for beginners here, but how well do they set you up for the real deal?

Well, there are tools. Character Editors, Paint program, etc. But it's not Game Maker, and you really have to be able to think like a computer programmer. Actually, it's not that hard if you think about it. All computer programming really do is data manipulation. You change numbers here and there. The problem comes when you aren't careful with numbers. If you're the kind of person who has trouble keeping your sum, this is probably not for you. I say "probably" because there are people who wrote programs as user-friendly app. So, you're not really programming, but using those program.

Is it for you? Well, that depends on how tolerant you are with the user interface. I'm pretty tolerant to bad UI, so I'm okay with it. But to each its own. If you go to YouTube, look for my channel "simpletongeek" then you'll see some of the programs in action. Some are user friendly, others less so. Also take a quick look at wikia. They have nice collection there.

In short, I suggest that you download the app, and try out as many apps as possible. If you do that long enough, you just may get the programmer's itch.

Petit Computer Journal

shinydragonmist

ramstrong wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Well, there are tools. Character Editors, Paint program, etc. But it's not Game Maker, and you really have to be able to think like a computer programmer. Actually, it's not that hard if you think about it. All computer programming really do is data manipulation. You change numbers here and there. The problem comes when you aren't careful with numbers. If you're the kind of person who has trouble keeping your sum, this is probably not for you. I say "probably" because there are people who wrote programs as user-friendly app. So, you're not really programming, but using those program.

Is it for you? Well, that depends on how tolerant you are with the user interface. I'm pretty tolerant to bad UI, so I'm okay with it. But to each its own. If you go to YouTube, look for my channel "simpletongeek" then you'll see some of the programs in action. Some are user friendly, others less so. Also take a quick look at wikia. They have nice collection there.

In short, I suggest that you download the app, and try out as many apps as possible. If you do that long enough, you just may get the programmer's itch.

and it is well worth the money even if you cant program from all the apps and old style games that people make and share

3ds friend code ; 0774-4507-6022
pokemon white 2 friend code: 1078-1500-5443

Pixelrobin

@shinydragonmist well said, But I think most good games and apps are more dsiware styled.
@ramstrong oh well. I'm going to have to do this the hard way... Thanks anyway!

shinydragonmist

question can you access the camera in petit computer and see the images through it
the reason why i want to know is because i think a beer goggles when you look at it it will distort what the camera is seeing and put that on the screen
i dont know how to do it yet but if you cant access the camera and display the images it sees on petit computer then it cant work to begin with hopefully it can i think it would be really fun. thanks

Edited on by shinydragonmist

shinydragonmist

@Bluerobin2 oh well hopefully in an update hey have you ever played with beer goggles they are pretty fun when trying to walk with them on its fun well i can stil hope for updates

Pixelrobin

@shinydrogonmist I haven't played with them, but I have seen peoples reactions to them. Maybe you can make a program that will load a GRP file and then filter it?

steriaca

shinydragonmist wrote:

question can you access the camera in petit computer

No. You can only acess the camera to read qr codes. There are no codes in the program for using the camera to make AR games or apps, so your 'beer goggles' program will not even be close enougth to work.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

randomous

Not that this has anything to do with anything else, but my plans for Village are on Windows sticky notes. How disorganized lol

Untitled

When and if you do plan something, where do you usually do it?

Edit: Wow, I hope I didn't halt the thread. Feel free to plow right over my post with something else lol. I was just wondering what you guys do when you plan, since that one guy did it on tape (and I thought that was funny).

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic